British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

US riders of the 30's

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nothing ever changes why do you act like this? don't comment move on to another thread.You are a gluten for punishment you regularly get beastied on the EU in/out thread  and  my advice  to you is DONT come on the yesteryear threads because you always try to ruin them.

Quite honestly, that is one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen!  Okay, I know iris can be abrasive, and I know you are not a fan of his, but you need to look in the mirror sometimes instead of making comments like "why do you act like this?"

This is HIS thread, and he has - as is not uncommon - some fascinating information for us.  Like me, he is genuinely interested in the "years gone by". It's not like he is just coming on here to antagonize others - seriously. You can see by comments from others, including myself, that we are perplexed by some of the self-promoting (and often poorly produced) posts by a certain forum member. Even as strongly as we feel about John's posts at times, nobody is "advising" him to stay away from the forum, and there is absolutely no reason for you to make such ridiculous statements about another forum member who provides us with some great stuff.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

My answer to you is simple f.... you.!!!!!

Of course it would be simple!!!surprise,surprise

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

Quite honestly, that is one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen!  Okay, I know iris can be abrasive, and I know you are not a fan of his, but you need to look in the mirror sometimes instead of making comments like "why do you act like this?"

This is HIS thread, and he has - as is not uncommon - some fascinating information for us.  Like me, he is genuinely interested in the "years gone by". It's not like he is just coming on here to antagonize others - seriously. You can see by comments from others, including myself, that we are perplexed by some of the self-promoting (and often poorly produced) posts by a certain forum member. Even as strongly as we feel about John's posts at times, nobody is "advising" him to stay away from the forum, and there is absolutely no reason for you to make such ridiculous statements about another forum member who provides us with some great stuff.

Steve

You are bias Steve  to loyal Iris does put some good stuff on and i have learned a lot but he has that touch of nastiness about him.Also any Thread Steve is the forum's thread not the individual who created it.

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

Steve

A very fair post Steve.I hold my hand to sometimes being abrasive as you say,but my interest in the period is genuine.And I think a lot of people can see just what gustix is up to often enough.As you say if he sticks to giving info rather than seemingly trying to self promote websites etc then nobody would mind

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Like yourself horrible little man.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Even

Like yourself horrible little man.

But you are bias 

Sidney the robin is rightly entitled to his opinions and - not because for some reason he appears to be defensive of me (which makes a nice change on the BSF) - I understand and appreciative his comments.

A certain Poster has devoted himself for about six years to criticising virtually every Post that I make on the BSF. And several others were also of similar opinion but now never appear on the BSF.

I can appreciate why others members comment and criticise as the old say goes "...the Post and NOT the Poster..." But the member both Sidney and myself is seemingly dedicated to practicing the opposite way?

The lead Post to this thread is also a puzzle to me. I do not dispute that what is carried is of interest but why was the whole Post carried in the way in which it appears. Surely just a LINK would have sufficed?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

The lead Post to this thread is also a puzzle to me. I do not dispute that what is carried is of interest but why was the whole Post carried in the way in which it appears. Surely just a LINK would have sufficed?

Why should I have just posted a link when the whole article is here,plus the link to show where I found the article?Seemed like a great idea to me.I could have posted a snippet,then an hour later a link to the museum thread and then a day later bumped it back up again with another link to another poor article as is your Modus operandi 

16 minutes ago, chunky said:

Steve

He does and i do not deny it he has put a lot of great stuff on here that is very enjoyable to read.Right let me give a suggestion i will not ridicule any of his posts and vice versa my suggestion and i will stick to it will he.??

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are bias Steve  to loyal Iris does put some good stuff on and i have learned a lot but he has that touch of nastiness about him.

Look, I've had my issues with iris, but I'm not going to harbour a grudge for ever just because...

Not for the first time, his criticism of gustix is justified. Get used to it. You acting all grown-up and saying "f... You" is not justifiable.

Let's just put away the handbags and move along...

Steve

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Look, I've had my issues with iris, but I'm not going to harbour a grudge for ever just because...

Not for the first time, his criticism of gustix is justified. Get used to it. You acting all grown-up and saying "f... You" is not justifiable.

Let's just put away the handbags and move along...

Steve

I don't harbour grudges and my suggestion of a truce is there sorry for the hassle Steve.

31 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Get a life Saddo move on,,you have had a agenda for ages and you love confrontation.

Something to do with pots and kettles, I think???

Steve

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, gustix said:

8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Why should I have just posted a link when the whole article is here,plus the link to show where I found the article?Seemed like a great idea to me.I could have posted a snippet,then an hour later a link to the museum thread and then a day later bumped it back up again with another link to another poor article as is your Modus operandi 

Thank you for the response. Nothing more than what I would expect from you!

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

Thank you for the response. Nothing more than what I would expect from you!

I just don’t understand your issue with how I formed the thread.I was pleased as punch that it turned out so well

Just in case - and as opinion of my Posts has seemingly reached an all time low for their comment - here is what I wrote about Putt Mossman on the website that nobody appears to like! We already know that iris123 has given it an apparent minus-minus-mnus rating so I can only expect more flak to fly my way over the item.

http://www.national-speedway-museum.co.uk/puttmossman.html