British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

STEEL CITY CHAMPIONSHIP

Not an inspiring start to the season. Track was as slick as a board, hence 22 processional races. There will need to be a heap more shale put down if the season is to produce any excitement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Not an inspiring start to the season. Track was as slick as a board, hence 22 processional races. There will need to be a heap more shale put down if the season is to produce any excitement.

I agree. Worst I’ve seen the track for years.

I agree with you 100%, I've never seen a blue line that wide around the 3rd and 4th bends in all the years I've been going. Riss managed to get some grip around the outside in one heat, but then couldn't get any at all the next time he tried it! Steve Worrall was the only other rider to get anything on the outside, but again on the one occasion. Yes it was pretty boring viewing really. Was it prepared like that on purpose to keep it safe? Needs to be better to make it more entertaining.

Not really  a fan of individual meetings so went along with not much expectations.

The actual presentation of the meeting was far far better than in previous seasons, and the little touches for the kids was nice to see could well encourage more families to come through the gate.

The track and the racing was poor, there is no getting away from that, there was a definite blue line that appear on the 3rd and 4th bend, that did not help matters and it looked like a a very slick track.

This seems a bit strange as those who had attended the Press and Practice said that the track was completely different, so it will be interesting to see how Glynn Taylor the new track curator prepares the track for future meetings as he does have a good reputation for preparing a decent race track.

Really pleased with the 7 Sheffield riders, I thought they all did well, and I was especially impressed with Zaine Kennedy he looked like he could well be a good find.

We look to have 7 racer's in the team, and I think the Promotion will have successful and productive season if they give them a track to race on rather than a track for them to ride on.       

The most entertaining part of todays meeting was when the guy in the Tiger suit (believe he's the mascot) fired the tee shirt onto the roof of the stand instead of into the crowd for someone to catch. Classic!

• Like 1

From my view in the Panorooma Ram, it looked like it went over the roof and out the stadium completely! 

As had been said, not the most classic meeting you'll ever see, but I was impressed with Zaine Kennedy, given that there was only him and Drew Kemp in the 16 who were relatively inexperienced. 

The line up for the meeting didnt thrill me so was debating whether to attend or not but we had a friends 50th at the dogs on saturday night and i text my dad to say i wasnt going sunday as the track looked smooth but no shale and very slick...

It appears a very good decision not to come.

Sunday doesnt generally suit me anyway so if the racing is poor that will be decision made for me for most of the season.

Fingers crossed for an improvement