British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Bloody hell,,,, have they taken a 'provy' out for it like ?

Don't knock the Provident my mother kitted me out for School every year using a Cheque from the Provy

Then Christmas and Birthdays it was Parrish's Cheques 

Never seemed to get many Green Shield Stamps though?

Regards
THJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2019 at 2:15 PM, jenga said:

maybe THJ aka steve w could drop a line or two or three or four on here and just tell everyone that speedway @ Derwent P ark is only going to return when the reds and town move into the new stadium . so it looks like speedway was never going to start in 2019 anyhow . 

gonna miss this bitching sport i love . really sad :cry:

Honestly

You are a total plum I am far to good looking to be confused for Steve W, plus I usually wear long trousers not shorts. However speaking to "In the Know" Tony in the Vatican (Maryport) I think there is going to be a bun fight.

Looks like the dirt is coming up and getting dumped round the back of the pit area and the Rugby club are going to bill the Speedway for the pleasure of putting it there along with a charge for removing the fence and storing it round the back and a charge for the containers with the Tractor and air fence panels in.

It may be going legal so I cant say to much however to omens are not good.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:50 PM, Tsunami said:

Just hope that the shale is being diverted to Northside track so that at least there is a gain from this situation. Sadly the legal side is once it's on the ground it then belongs to the stadium.

No as indicated above Tsunami its getting piled up round the back of the electronic scoreboard stand and billed to the Speedway for sitting there, It is a disgrace the most successful west Cumbrian team of all time are just getting absolutely shafted, the Leader of the Council who said on TV we will support the Comets in their endeavours and back them to the hilt has gone to ground, help!!!! what help?, its a disgrace how the Club the Fans and the Promotion have been and are being treated...

Not sure what can be done now I am absolutely gutted

Regards
THJ

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Don't knock the Provident my mother kitted me out for School every year using a Cheque from the Provy

Then Christmas and Birthdays it was Parrish's Cheques 

Never seemed to get many Green Shield Stamps though?

Regards
THJ

How things have changed, eh ?

did you ever get anything decent from 'tab coupons' ? ;)

• Haha 1

It looks like another long established speedway track is going to be consigned to the history books. It's a shame Northside can't be upgraded to allow the club to continue at NL level.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You are a total plum I am far to good looking to be confused for Steve W, plus I usually wear long trousers not shorts. However speaking to "In the Know" Tony in the Vatican (Maryport) I think there is going to be a bun fight.

Looks like the dirt is coming up and getting dumped round the back of the pit area and the Rugby club are going to bill the Speedway for the pleasure of putting it there along with a charge for removing the fence and storing it round the back and a charge for the containers with the Tractor and air fence panels in.

It may be going legal so I cant say to much however to omens are not good.

No as indicated above Tsunami its getting piled up round the back of the electronic scoreboard stand and billed to the Speedway for sitting there, It is a disgrace the most successful west Cumbrian team of all time are just getting absolutely shafted, the Leader of the Council who said on TV we will support the Comets in their endeavours and back them to the hilt has gone to ground, help!!!! what help?, its a disgrace how the Club the Fans and the Promotion have been and are being treated...

Not sure what can be done now I am absolutely gutted

Regards
THJ

Easy to say but just dont pay them, if u dont order something u cant be expected to pay others to do it , see them in court.

How about all speedway fans who go to town matches stop going ! Might not be alot but just enough to hurt them, looks like i might have to do the unthinkable   and watch the "jameaters".

19 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

How things have changed, eh ?

did you ever get anything decent from 'tab coupons' ? ;)

No but a can remember them...  lol

Never smoked my self but I remember a friends dad smoking his self to oblivion to get 3000 coupon points so he could get one of them round chrome ash trays where you pushed the button down on the top for the flaps to open dropping the ash and butt into the tray bit below... 

Regards 

THJ 

21 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Besides the tractor, water bowser, and several containers  - there's an orange coloured transit van...it seems hemmed in by all the aforementioned, tried to have a look see what reg it was but grass didn't help ( or specsavers could have). The home side of the pits are full of rubbish too.

Edited by singy13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

How about all speedway fans who go to town matches stop going ! Might not be alot but just enough to hurt them, looks like i might have to do the unthinkable   and watch the "jameaters".

Don't do the latter geoff pls lol......

.....so it's Saturday and almost 6 o' clock ....time to get shoes/ coat on and head for speedway thrills at  DP...I wish.

10 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Don't do the latter geoff pls lol......

.....so it's Saturday and almost 6 o' clock ....time to get shoes/ coat on and head for speedway thrills at  DP...I wish.

Will try not too watch the jams! Today might have been practice day cant remember the date 20 yrs ago we came back ?

18 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Will try not too watch the jams! Today might have been practice day cant remember the date 20 yrs ago we came back ?

It was in March 1999..but also can't recall which day.. was versus Newcastle for IT Trophy 1st leg.....recall Stoney having engine failure in 1st Heat...then he won all his other races...

attendance 4,000 plus....

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No but a can remember them...  lol

Never smoked my self but I remember a friends dad smoking his self to oblivion to get 3000 coupon points so he could get one of them round chrome ash trays where you pushed the button down on the top for the flaps to open dropping the ash and butt into the tray bit below... 

Regards 

THJ 

Well, thats good to see that, even back in the day the tobacco companies were doing their best to clean up their mess ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

It was in March 1999..but also can't recall which day.. was versus Newcastle for IT Trophy 1st leg.....recall Stoney having engine failure in 1st Heat...then he won all his other races...

attendance 4,000 plus....

Yes seems like only yesterday , so was geoff powell the first comet heat win 

Might be a daft question but before town rip the place up would it not be possible to have a farewell meeting ??