British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Poole v Belle Vue Thurs 2nd May 2019

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Exactly. Looks like BV only have glory hunting fans nowdays. How many years since their last title? A generation ago!:party:

Still more titles than you ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, simon.c said:

I agree, I have supported Poole for many years and the poor state of the track certainly makes me think twice about going. I have seen some fantastic racing there over the years and it is a shame that it is being neglected at this moment in time. Give the fans a good circuit and they will return, I am sure that the poor crowd last night was in part due to the terrible event dished up at Easter.

It's so important for the riders and the sport, when someone like an experienced Niels Kristian Iversen asks what has happened to the track surely something ought to be done?

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Still more titles than you ;)

Pre 1948 don’t count!:D

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yet there will be Poole fans making the trip all the way to Manchester on Monday for a lunchtime start. Guess we have fans who follow the team through thick and thin.

Bank Holiday Monday is a bit different to a midweek match, especially with a lunchtime start so plenty of time to be tucked up in bed at a reasonable hour for work the next day. 

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

I speak the truth. You do have big problems.

Jaimon Lidsey is the key rider of the side. If he doesn't improve then Belle Vue have big problems because Wells is not going to improve. Berge is not going to improve away from the NSS because he can only ride certain tracks. Was the same story in second tier with him which is why he had such a low average. 

Belle Vue's season all hinges on Jaimon Lidsey's performances. 

we will have to do what poole always does and change riders don't see a problem there !! no need to panic yet !! look where you were last season and then won the league !! 

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yet there will be Poole fans making the trip all the way to Manchester on Monday for a lunchtime start. Guess we have fans who follow the team through thick and thin.

well you have to go somewhere to watch decent racing on a proper track that is prepared proper and care about the paying fans :t::rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Bank Holiday Monday is a bit different to a midweek match, especially with a lunchtime start so plenty of time to be tucked up in bed at a reasonable hour for work the next day. 

It means leaving Poole around 6 am.:D

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

well you have to go somewhere to watch decent racing on a proper track that is prepared proper and care about the paying fans :t::rofl:

Then why does no one turn up to watch BV? National league crowds!

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then why does no one turn up to watch BV? National league crowds!

if you say so !! looks like no one turns up watch you lot last night national league crowds !! kettle pot black !!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole fans follow through thick and thin that’s the most laughable comment

Poole fans are known for disappearing when things don’t go well....

And you are comparing a bank holiday Monday match in the afternoon to a Thursday night one. Most people don’t work bank holiday Mondays and there will be time for people to get home at a sensible time 

Also Poole fans know they will see a proper meeting in a proper track.... Belle Vue fans aren’t going to get that on Pooles awful track

I guess you can’t help but troll 

3 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Last comment on the topic with Lidsey as the cry babies don't like it when someone tells them something they don't want to hear.

Lidsey signed for Belle Vue on a 4.00 average.

At home excluding the 4 bonus points Jaimon has scored 11 points from 12 rides. Below his 4 point average.

Away from home excluding his single bonus point Jaimon has scored 12 points from 18 rides. Again below his 4 point average

Stats are above. I'm right and you're wrong. Come back to me when you have facts to prove otherwise. Silly multi aliased comments don't bother me it's just an excuse the cry babies use because they cannot argue with my factual opinions. 

You are right, he has dropped his assessed average ( although cup matches don't count towards gsa as u know)

But seeing as he hasn't seen any of the tracks, and he is learning on the job,he should pick up in the 2nd half of the season, if given the chance.

This season going by your points/ rides he is averaging 3.66 at home, 2.66 away for an overall average of 3.16 so far. Surely he will only get better.

I would guess that Ricky Wells might be more of a concent at the moment.

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole fans follow through thick and thin that’s the most laughable comment

Poole fans are known for disappearing when things don’t go well....

And you are comparing a bank holiday Monday match in the afternoon to a Thursday night one. Most people don’t work bank holiday Mondays and there will be time for people to get home at a sensible time 

Also Poole fans know they will see a proper meeting in a proper track.... Belle Vue fans aren’t going to get that on Pooles awful track

I guess you can’t help but troll 

You bite every time! Shov constantly on the wind up.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You are right, he has dropped his assessed average ( although cup matches don't count towards gsa as u know)

But seeing as he hasn't seen any of the tracks, and he is learning on the job,he should pick up in the 2nd half of the season, if given the chance.

This season going by your points/ rides he is averaging 3.66 at home, 2.66 away for an overall average of 3.16 so far. Surely he will only get better.

I would guess that Ricky Wells might be more of a concent at the moment.

he only goes on stats probably never seen him ride :party:

Lidsey paid 8 and a heat 15 nomination tonight in the Polish extra league.

That's what he's capable of. It's not necessarily pulling up trees but given where he has come and at that level, it's not at all bad.

I maintain when he finds his feet he will be banging the points in.

Edited by acef

Lidsey was impressive tonight in Lublin on a proper race track riding in the 'major' league.