British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

11 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Fricke must have known Harris was there. If  certain other riders had of done the same thing, imagine the uproar on here.

He did know, that’s for certain.

Max is much harder rider than people realise. I think racing in Poland every week has toughened him up. I don’t think tonight was massively naughty, it’s just when you race someone like bomber, he ain’t going to get off the taps. Max did the same to Lawson in heat 13 but Richard backed out.

That said even when in front you need to leave racing room and he didn’t do that 

58 minutes ago, Bash said:

No I have to agree with you there, we only lost by 2 at your place & easily won at Foxhall, so we are better than Poole's team.;) 

Do not expect Shovlar to give credit to any team that rides anywhere other than Wimborne Road. Extremely  slanted viewpoint. Ipswich are doing well, good luck to them.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We were missing Kurtz.

We were missing a decent track to ride on at Poole, seen the meeting on DVD and can understand the flak it's taken this year. :mad:

Well ipswixh well and truly proved me wrong. Well done them. 

Poor performance from ourselves. Need to up our game. 

Glad Harris and max are ok after that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t agree. If we had bigger hitters up top we wouldn’t have the strength in reserve or the solid look from top to bottom. We’ve beaten teams comfortably this year with our top scorer not even hitting double figures. The team is built so that every rider from 1-7 score half decent points, which totals up to winning meetings, and being competitive in others. 

Belle Vue are a good side, especially at home obviously, but if this was a play off final I’d fancy our chances of finishing this off at Foxhall

totally agree, every team that visits the NSS has a good chance of at least getting a point, whereas in your case you have a good home track advantage, to our small home track advantage.

18 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Do not expect Shovlar to give credit to any team that rides anywhere other than Wimborne Road. Extremely  slanted viewpoint. Ipswich are doing well, good luck to them.

That’s not true. I gave praise to BV tonight. A good enjoyable meeting, with a close result which really was never in doubt.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well ipswixh well and truly proved me wrong. Well done them. 

Poor performance from ourselves. Need to up our game. 

Glad Harris and max are ok after that 

hopefully R Wells has had his last meeting for Belle Vue.At reserve he should be cleaning up, he ain't so it's time to go.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s not true. I gave praise to BV tonight. A good enjoyable mating, with a close result which really was never in doubt.

Shovlar in dogging controversy...

• Haha 4

Aces made hard work of that mainly due to Dans bike problems and Max’s exclusion but it kept the scores close. Some good racing and it was a shame the crowd was so bad at around 1200-1300 it was well well down. Should have done an offer knowing the crowd would be hit. 

Looks like Ricky is back on borrowed time after his BH upturn. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s not true. I gave praise to BV tonight. A good enjoyable mating, with a close result which really was never in doubt.

And praise for Ipswich ?

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

Aces made hard work of that mainly due to Dans bike problems and Max’s exclusion but it kept the scores close. Some good racing and it was a shame the crowd was so bad at around 1200-1300 it was well well down. Should have done an offer knowing the crowd would be hit. 

Looks like Ricky is back on borrowed time after his BH upturn. 

I have some sympathy for Ricky because he’s clearly working his balls off, but if ever there was a case of a rider just not having enough speed on a track like ours, then Ricky is it. Problem now is his average has dropped and we don’t have a lot to play with.

Just one other thing off topic btw, I’ve just watched heats 13 and 15 off BTs twitter feed and I have to say the camera work is absolutely horrific.

5 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

And praise for Ipswich ?

They were decent. Never going to win but kept it close.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Inclined to agree it’s our weak point away from home, but if Harris reaches peak form come the playoffs as he did for Poole 

One good ride against a tentative Jason Doyle on a track full of pot holes, doesn't equal vintage Harris. His Cardiff win was 12 years ago. It must be 7-8 years (or more) since that performance at Wimborne Rd (when the track was OK) when he won the playoffs for the Bee's.

1 minute ago, Col said:

One good ride against a tentative Jason Doyle on a track full of pot holes, doesn't equal vintage Harris. His Cardiff win was 12 years ago. It must be 7-8 years (or more) since that performance at Wimborne Rd (when the track was OK) when he won the playoffs for the Bee's.

I think Harris rode well tonight until his first bike got trashed by Fricke 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Col said: