British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Berwick KO Cup Sunday 2 June at 5.30pm

44 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Dany Gapp has an average over 5.5 people... We are wasting 5.5 points away from home every meeting because of him

Take away his home scores and we would probably not won a match:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Why is everybody so negative?We got to the quarter finals of a national cup competition.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Take away his home scores and we would probably not won a match:rolleyes:

Go on explain that one? 

We can replace him with Pijper with Theo going to reserve

First meeting scored 6 from 4 in a 52-38 win v Newcastle, Pijper would of managed that

He put in a good performance against Glasgow and would of been close without him

We would of still won V Edinburgh without him

Sheffield ran us close and is tough to call because Garcia had an awful night at reserve and we carried an injured Jye which Theo could of covered if at reserve, will say Sheffield may well of beat us

Would of still beat Newcastle on Saturday

But... away wise, we would of won at Edinburgh 100%, still won at Newcastle first time and been a lot closer in KO cup, would of been closer at Easty but still got nothing.

I have watched Dany Gappmaier away from home probably over 30 times since he put on a Berwick race jacket and I’ve seen him have 2 good meetings, I’ve also watched him not try and be absolutely pathetic in nearly half of them, never mind meetings I havn’t been to at Lakeside, Eastbourne, Ipswich, Plymouth, I’ve had enough of it and so has a lot of others, if the club had any form of ambition he would of been sacked when he shut off early going into the 3rd bend in heat 14 against National League second string David Wallinger

15 minutes ago, alang said:

Why is everybody so negative?We got to the quarter finals of a national cup competition.

:D yip we sure did, without beating anyone,that’s the way to do it.:t:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Go on explain that one? 

First meeting scored 6 from 4 in a 52-38 win v Newcastle, Pijper would of managed that

He put in a good performance against Glasgow and would of been close without him

Sheffield ran us close and is tough to call because Garcia had an awful night at reserve and we carried an injured Jye which Theo could of covered if at reserve, will say Sheffield may well of beat us

But... away wise, we would of won at Edinburgh 100%, still won at Newcastle first time and been a lot closer in KO cup, would of been closer at Easty but still got nothing.

I have watched Dany Gappmaier away from home probably over 30 times since he put on a Berwick race jacket and I’ve seen him have 2 good meetings, I’ve also watched him not try and be absolutely pathetic in nearly half of them, never mind meetings I havn’t been to at Lakeside, Eastbourne, Ipswich, Plymouth, I’ve had enough of it and so has a lot of others, if the club had any form of ambition he would of been sacked when he shut off early going into the 3rd bend in heat 14 against National League second string David Wallinger

If you hypothetical thoughts were to happen ,who would be in the top  5  ,Garcia or Flint ,how would that strengthen the Team.Averages don’t lie.We have a Team carrying injured riders and main men riding all over the place probably no money to invest in anything, that’s the state of play IMO 

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Go on explain that one? 

Theo Pijper didn't get a team place anywhere in the championship over the winter Berwick included, and at time of writing still hasn't got one, there is a reason for that.

Great performance and result by the Diamonds.  Excellent to see Bjerre back to his best and producing the sort of performance we all know he is capable of week in week out.  Really impressed with Clegg, since the moment he has first turned a wheel for us at the start of the season he has done nothing but impress.  I thought he would struggle initially at No. 2 but appears to have taken to it like a duck to water and if he continues to trap like that will be hard to beat around Brough.   The rest of the team all contributed which is good to see, not sure about this blaming the track lark, looked and seemed OK from where I was standing.  Berwick were really poor, especially NBJ who is usually good to watch around Brough.  Once again really impressed with Flint, great prospect and just seems to get on with it, I think if a few of the others in the Berwick team had adopted that mentality last night, the score may have been closer or the racing at least.  Hopefully we get to see Flint at Brough again as he seems to improve every time he comes.  Onto the Monarchs next (in the cup) and it would be nice to have weekly speedway instead of this fortnighty speedway we are getting, still can't grumble (even though I just have) as it could be worse.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If you hypothetical thoughts were to happen ,who would be in the top  5  ,Garcia or Flint ,how would that strengthen the Team.Averages don’t lie.We have a Team carrying injured riders and main men riding all over the place probably no money to invest in anything, that’s the state of play IMO 

Garcia obviously would move up and we would have Pijper at reserve, the man who nearly got us into the playoffs last year and who completely saved our season, which everyone seems to of forgotten, the management made the decision of Gappmaier over Pijper at the start of the season , which I respect as he is an asset, but he has had 4 years and has not improved on most tracks bar Berwick

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Go on explain that one? 

using that argument, David Meldrum would have been dropped , and also Michael Makovsky who was nearly always in double figures at home but his average remained around 7 because of his poor performances on many of the Southern tracks

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I agree with Fromafar.     Which is unusual, but.....    

The injuries have kneecapped the team, which has lost the early-season zest as a direct result.      The extra meetings for Spud and NBJ (and Leon) are taxing and -- most importantly, as identified -- the club is run on the strictest of budgets in order that we can continue having speedway.

The recent sweeps around town on Saturdays, plus school tickets and  free drinks show the promotion are busting their guts to keep the show going and those who want, and want to support, speedway in Berwick have to applaud their enthusiasm.

Next meeting isn't for a fortnight, the visitors will be Edinburgh (a promotion backed financially by their supporters to a massive degree) and we have to hope Bandits' injuries will have eased and the team spirit (in the pits and on the terraces) is revitalised.

Enjoy your speedway!

Edited by crescent girl

1 minute ago, balderdash&piffle said:

using that argument, David Meldrum would have been dropped , and also Michael Makovsky who was nearly always in double figures at home but his average remained around 7 because of his poor performances on many of the Southern tracks

David Meldrum and Michael Makovsky were never getting beat by NL nobodies on tracks they had ridden at least 7 times (no disrespect to David Wallinger as he done very well) 

Yes you can see that Garcia and Jye are struggling but... why are they riding? And why are the club letting them ride if they’re not fit? I understand they don’t get paid if they don’t ride but they’re directly making the team worse 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Blooming 'eck, now I find I'm agreeing with balderdash&piffle!

Bottom line -- it is home scoring that entertains the vast majority of spectators at any speedway.

Edited by crescent girl

40 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Blooming 'eck, now I find I'm agreeing with balderdash&piffle!

Bottom line -- it is home scoring that entertains the vast majority of spectators at any speedway.

Your having quite a day. :rolleyes: