British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 17 6 19

29 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

He reminds me so much of Leigh Adams in his riding style, biggest compliment I can pay him!!!

Exactly a real compliment hyabb, sometimes i regret taking Leigh for granted forgetting just how good he was and making the most of seeing him everyweek.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Exactly a real compliment hyabb, sometimes i regret taking Leigh for granted forgetting just how good he was and making the most of seeing him everyweek.

I always say it, but it has never quite been the same since the legend retired. Like you say, I think we took his class for granted at times.

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

I always say it, but it has never quite been the same since the legend retired. Like you say, I think we took his class for granted at times.

His races with Crump jnr were awesome.

The track issue, as highlighted by my learned forum colleagues, has been one of contention for several years. Swindon clearly lost a rider over the track in the winter (Morris) and there have been issues about its suitability given the current engines used by riders, which led to many races being strung out on the previous track. The promotion have taken the criticism on the chin and changed the shape of he track. As a traditionalist, I was apprehensive about the changes but the racing is so much better with more passing and interest throughout the races with riders able to have a go, which as fans, is what we want. I would also say that the track is clearly not a billiard table but the Swindon fans have also acknowledged that the Poole and Peterborough meetings were poor fayre and were very vocal in their criticism, as was Rosco.

However, in the track's defence when a rider can go from last to first off a 15m handicap and 2 track records, with Fricke's effort nearly half a second quicker than Batchelor's it says to me the track is in decent shape.

Belle Vue fans can be rightly proud of their facility, however, it is a brand new facility. Blunsdon is old an decrepit stadium and the track must be in similar disrepair. The changes made have certainly benefited Swindon speedway and has made the sport much more enjoyable than in previous seasons, oh and the Dane leaving JD in his wake. The criticism's made by certain Aces would be have more merit if they were confirmed by a rider(s), rather than supporters, and certainly Swindon's riders have not been backward in coming forward, even Razza stated on his debut the track 'wasn't great'.

I'm not saying that the Belle Vue fans are wrong but I take my lead from the professionals and unless there is a universal consensus from the Belle Vue riders the track was poor then I have to assume it was good given the two track records and 15m handicap win.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

His races with Crump jnr were awesome.

Yep, shame we don't ever see anything like that anymore over here.

9 hours ago, Grachan said:

Jensen's first to last was sensational, although I did think he could do it when looking at the line up in the race. It was till the race of the night though.

Thought the idea was to come first Grachan :unsure:, or was he riding backwards lol

:P:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, acef said:

Convenient to leave out Rob, who holds a similar opinion, a seasoned speedway supporter, isn't it? I guess that doesn't fit your agenda.

Do me a favour moving forward, dont engage me through the 3rd person and have the balls to do it directly 

Cheers

Balls? I have you on ignore as you are so boring....one wonders whether you are the resident troll disguised in an Aces race suit......ta'ra 

4 hours ago, Badge said:

Thought the idea was to come first Grachan :unsure:, or was he riding backwards lol

:P:rofl:

Oh, you know what I meant. ☺

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Balls? I have you on ignore as you are so boring....one wonders whether you are the resident troll disguised in an Aces race suit......ta'ra 

If you have me on ignore the dont bother engaging with me at all.

It's a pretty simple process.

Cheers 

The camera work is vomit inducing. Just zoom out far enough to be able to follow the main battles in the same shot instead of trying to zoom right in using a Sony handicap on a 5 quid tripod. It’s not that hard.