British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Leicester Vs Redcar 29/06/19

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Would be interested to know how often this season Bates has had to withdraw from matches following accidents in early heats. Once is nothing unusual, but three times?? Is something not quite right....is he too hyped up "early doors" but then calms down after his first ride? If this is turning into a regular pattern it's going to p*** his team mates and manager off, and cost him money as well.  

3 times in his last 4 home meetings for Leicester, all in in 1st ride, to be fair the  one in the Eastbourne meeting wasn't his fault, the 2 Eastbourne riders collided in front of him & he had no way of avoiding them.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

3 times in his last 4 home meetings for Leicester, all in in 1st ride, to be fair the  one in the Eastbourne meeting wasn't his fault, the 2 Eastbourne riders collided in front of him & he had no way of avoiding them.

He is a bit wild at times. Has smacked the fence once or twice at Newcastle! Bit of a throttle basher. Big fast track style not suitable for the more technical tracks like Newcastle's Brough Park. You need a bit more skill to ride Brough. Ivan Mauger used say if you can ride here ( Brough ) you can ride anywhere.

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

He is a bit wild at times. Has smacked the fence once or twice at Newcastle! Bit of a throttle basher. Big fast track style not suitable for the more technical tracks like Newcastle's Brough Park. You need a bit more skill to ride Brough. Ivan Mauger used say if you can ride here ( Brough ) you can ride anywhere.

But it seemed like he chose Leicester (technical track) above Sheffield (big track) - but was that all front??

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

But it seemed like he chose Leicester (technical track) above Sheffield (big track) - but was that all front??

Promotion possibly ?

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, Big Al said:

No idea. May have wanted to get more experience on a  smaller technical track?

90% of the time he pulls a locker opens the throttle wide and hopes the bike is pointing the right way. IMO 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

No idea. May have wanted to get more experience on a  smaller technical track?

Must be capable of learning. He is the current track record holder. 

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Must be capable of learning. He is the current track record holder. 

Yes. Still young enough to learn. Maybe he just needs to calm down a little. I thought Leicester was quite a big track. Never been before I'm afraid. Never went to Blackbird Road neither.

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Still young enough to learn. Maybe he just needs to calm down a little. I thought Leicester was quite a big track. Never been before I'm afraid. Never went to Blackbird Road neither.

Track is 300m but long straights compared to the bends. Alterations past few years has created more space coming in and out of the corners with plenty of depth mid point. However it is “technical” in terms of riders having to think about their lines. Passing is  now far more prevalent than pre alterations and the race surface being arguably the best it has been compares very well v others in the UK 

Definitely worth a visit. 

Edited by 1 valve

43 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Track is 300m but long straights compared to the bends. Alterations past few years has created more space coming in and out of the corners with plenty of depth mid point. However it is “technical” in terms of riders having to think about their lines. Passing is  now far more prevalent than pre alterations and the race surface being arguably the best it has been compares very well v others in the UK 

Definitely worth a visit. 

Whilst it has been improved its still the wrong shape. Dissapointing considering it was purpose built.

Similar to Newcastle in that the straights are too long for the corners not giving varied lines for entry or exits to corners.

Doesnt produce great racing but better than some depending how the track has been prepared as it does vary for some strange reason.

Rates well below Belle Vue, Scunthorpe, Redcar,  Somerset ( when not doctored) but currently rates above Poole, Newcastle, Edinburgh, 

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
20 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Whilst it has been improved its still the wrong shape. Dissapointing considering it was purpose built.

Similar to Newcastle in that the straights are too long for the corners not giving varied lines for entry or exits to corners.

Doesnt produce great racing but better than some depending how the track has been prepared as it does vary for some strange reason.

Rates well below Belle Vue, Scunthorpe, Redcar,  Somerset ( when not doctored) but currently rates above Poole, Newcastle, Edinburgh, 

Have you been to Newcastle? Track preparation there is very much hampered by poor drainage which will be/ very much is blocked with shale. Not helped at all by some of the most unhelpful greyhound staff on the planet. There have been several instances of sabotage by these people. Jonathan Swales and his helpers do an excellent job on the track in what are very difficult circumstances. Not helped at all by unhelpful greyhound staff. Some visiting supporters and some home supporters have/ still criticise the track but they have no idea what happens/ or problems they encounter on Sunday's. Only allowed to work on track on Sunday.

Guest Loose Diamond
32 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Belle Vue, Redcar, Scunthorpe, and Somerset ( I think. But I'm sure some kind person will correct me if I'm wrong about Somerset.) all purpose built. They are very lucky they don't have greyhound staff to hinder them.

3 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Still young enough to learn. Maybe he just needs to calm down a little.

Perhaps you can have a try at getting through to his thick brain because that's what everyone keeps telling him but to no avail. Would make a change if he could even get through his first race just to sensibly weigh up track conditions.

Guest Loose Diamond
9 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Perhaps you can have a try at getting through to his thick brain because that's what everyone keeps telling him but to no avail. Would make a change if he could even get through his first race just to sensibly weigh up track conditions.

Hello. Ok fair enough.

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Belle Vue, Redcar, Scunthorpe, and Somerset ( I think. But I'm sure some kind person will correct me if I'm wrong about Somerset.) all purpose built. They are very lucky they don't have greyhound staff to hinder them.

Yes, I have been to Newcastle many times over the years. Your track stuff do a marvellous job under the circumstances they have to work under and they produce the best track they can. It's the shape that makes it awful and it does not produce good ' racing '

Again YES those tracks were purpose built , hence they DO produce the best racing.