British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar CL 2/8/19@19.30

That was a cracker of a meeting, takes two to tango and Redcar were worthy of their point. 

The speedway at Glasgow this year is absolutely superb, thoroughly enjoying it. Completely agree that Kyle has the outside line in his locker, if he chooses to use it and Connor getting visibly quicker every week. 

I thought the second pits camera worked well last night once the signal issues settled down.

The 2nd meeting in a row with a very healthy attendance (no freebies), positive signs for the club. 

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Fingersfin said:

That was a cracker of a meeting, takes two to tango and Redcar were worthy of their point. 

The speedway at Glasgow this year is absolutely superb, thoroughly enjoying it. Completely agree that Kyle has the outside line in his locker, if he chooses to use it and Connor getting visibly quicker every week. 

I thought the second pits camera worked well last night once the signal issues settled down.

The 2nd meeting in a row with a very healthy attendance (no freebies), positive signs for the club. 

Totally agree , the racing has been brilliant this season and although we sit proudly at the top of the league , we're not hammering teams at Ashfield . Every meeting , apart from Birmingham and Edinburgh , has been close battles . I'm just hoping our new number 2 was riding poor equipment last night as he looked very slow . But 4 wins in the space of 7 days , life is good 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Totally agree , the racing has been brilliant this season and although we sit proudly at the top of the league , we're not hammering teams at Ashfield . Every meeting , apart from Birmingham and Edinburgh , has been close battles . I'm just hoping our new number 2 was riding poor equipment last night as he looked very slow . But 4 wins in the space of 7 days , life is good 

MBA looks a decent gater but not savvy enough to hold onto it. Hopefully just first night nerves. He wont be there for long if this is the same every week.

18 hours ago, Paulco said:

I think this was why the Facenas decided to change the shape, size & banking to the track to give better entertainment as they have got it right with promoting the speedway off track. This does come at a cost as meetings become tighter as riders find it easier to race but it depends what rocks your boat. A 60-30 or 47-43? Win or a loss? Being Entertained throughout?  

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I think this was why the Facenas decided to change the shape, size & banking to the track to give better entertainment as they have got it right with promoting the speedway off track. This does come at a cost as meetings become tighter as riders find it easier to race but it depends what rocks your boat. A 60-30 or 47-43? Win or a loss? Being Entertained throughout?  

Absolutely entertainment. Since Dickson left the knee deep tracks have stopped along with hitting 60's and even 70 on one occasion against Scunny where it was a total borefest. The last month has been superb speedway, with the visitors all achieving 40 points, like when Ashfield first opened. However the downside is results like last night where teams heavily set up their track to suit the home boys mean we wont beat many teams on aggregate. Food for thought for the playoffs.

• Like 1

Tell us about it as over the years we can win on our track then get beat heavily away. Last year, though we almost got it right in the KOC & this weekend, if it had been a cup competition, we would have beaten Edinburgh.  

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Tell us about it as over the years we can win on our track then get beat heavily away. Last year, though we almost got it right in the KOC & this weekend, if it had been a cup competition, we would have beaten Edinburgh.  

what happened ?