British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

4 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

That's also incorrect.  We could easily hold a European GP in Manchester and have the British GP in Cardiff no problem.

I don’t think a British Final at Cardiff would pay its way - the costs would far out weigh the income. You do realise they put a temporary track into the Principality stadium which takes almost 2 weeks, and that 60,000 seater stadium needs paying for. Be lucky to get 8,000 at Cardiff for a British Final. 

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t think a British Final at Cardiff would pay its way - the costs would far out weigh the income. You do realise they put a temporary track into the Principality stadium which takes almost 2 weeks, and that 60,000 seater stadium needs paying for. Be lucky to get 8,000 at Cardiff for a British Final. 

Why do you think that having a second GP in Great Britain would have such a bad effect on the crowd at Cardiff? It would not be the British Final it would still be the British GP. Having a second GP would have an effect on the crowd but I don't think it would be by as much as you suggest. 

• Like 1

Sorry, I read it as the British Final, as in what took place at BV few weeks ago. A swop of events if you like. I read it wrong.

But there still may be a decrease in crowds at Cardiff if 2 GPS held in uk. Would all the Polish, Swedish, Danish etc visitors come twice to the UK? There are many UK supporters who say the trip to Cardiff is too far and too expensive. Would they still go.? I am sure the organisers have done their sums, but it would be good for a GP to be at BV, as exciting Cardiff can be the racing at BV should be better.

16 hours ago, fliss44 said:

A tad late in my reply but many thanks to Rob C for the recommendation of somewhere to eat by the track --- we had a lovely carvery meal. As for the Belle Vue track -- WOW and double WOW!! What a fantastic venue providing great racing and entertainment (including the handbags!!). I'm so envious of all you Belle Vue supporters that you have such a great track. I so miss my racing at Brandon and I was reminded of this when attending your great venue. Dare I say this would be an ideal track for a future G.P ?

Hopefully Coventry can return in a revamped Brandon as housing now seems improbable, miss my trips down there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Why do you think that having a second GP in Great Britain would have such a bad effect on the crowd at Cardiff? It would not be the British Final it would still be the British GP. Having a second GP would have an effect on the crowd but I don't think it would be by as much as you suggest. 

british fans would get 2 chances to see worlds best riders ? majority of fans would be happy to pay for that well i would for sure !!

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

british fans would get 2 chances to see worlds best riders ? majority of fans would be happy to pay for that well i would for sure !!

A GP at Belle Vue would be a quite different event to Cardiff. 

On the racing front, clearly BV would provide far better racing.

As a speedway weekend, Cardiff is recognised domestically and internationally as a two day experience to be savoured.

Two events that surely perfectly compliment one another. Bring it on. The thought of Max or the Dude sweeping high and wide round BV is enough to get the juices flowing.

• Like 2

They've had at least one big meeting at BV so I don't see why not, that said I don't see it happening yet though. 

I think Speedway Grand Prix needs to try and take the sport into other areas personally rather than an additional British round for now.

I'd like to see it extended to a 13/14 round series something like

April - Poland

May - Sweden

May - Denmark

June - Slovenia

June - Czech Republic 

July - United States 

July - Australia 

August - Russia

August - Italy

August - Germany

September - Latvia

September - France 

October - United Kingdom

October - Poland

13 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I think Speedway Grand Prix needs to try and take the sport into other areas personally rather than an additional British round for now.

April - Poland

May - Sweden

May - Denmark

June - Slovenia

June - Czech Republic 

July - United States 

July - Australia 

August - Russia

August - Italy

August - Germany

September - Latvia

September - France 

October - United Kingdom

October - Poland

You can't have Australia and the US in the middle of the league season!! Swap them with the UK and Poland ones in Oct.

Well whenever they are dont have to be in order, they'll only worry about upsetting the polish league anyhow lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

April - Poland

May - Sweden

May - Denmark

June - Slovenia

June - Czech Republic 

July - United States 

July - Australia 

August - Russia

August - Italy

August - Germany

September - Latvia

September - France 

October - United Kingdom

October - Poland

Will take some big money to held 14 events around the world.  Where is it coming from?

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Will take some big money to held 14 events around the world.  Where is it coming from?

TV money, sponsorship, pretty sure having a Monster Speedway GP in these other areas is what they would like to see (Monster that is), it's only Australia/USA where riders will need assistant-Funding to transport bikes etc. But I'll go quiet now as this is a meeting thread 

Edited by Falcon1983