British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DSC67

0-0 ?

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

Ah thank you very much Arnie. I thought it was a team that began with 'M' but that's as far as my brain cells responded. :D I remember it being pretty boring watching the Long Eaton riders score 5-0 in every race.  What was the reason Mildenhall refused to race? 

Quoting from the book 'Speedway in East Anglia' by Norman Jacobs.

"A major incident occurred during the season (1986) when, on 11 June, Mildenhall refused to ride at Long Eaton, claiming the track was unfit. The Speedway Control Board fined the club £1.000 with £1,000 costs. In Addition Robert Henry, Dave Jessup and Melvyn Taylor were fined £250 each and Eric Monaghan, Rob Parish, Richard Green, Wayne Dunworth and team manager, Maurice Everett, had to pay £200 each. All parties were banned for six months, suspended for two years."

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

i remember a meeting where the two home riders were excluded leaving just the two away riders.

Both riders came our and rode around... the referee excluded them both for not making a bona ride attempt to race... 0_0 score in the race

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

i remember a meeting where the two home riders were excluded leaving just the two away riders.

Both riders came our and rode around... the referee excluded them both for not making a bona ride attempt to race... 0_0 score in the race

I suspect you are thinking of this one I mentioned on page 2 of the thread

• Like 1