British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

14 -18 win 4 wolves .can't weight  2 sea the sad swindon faces come Monday knight..

54 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The relevance of his Swedish form is???

Next week he is riding in the UK on UK tracks where as shown he has scored well 5 out of the last 6 matches.  Way more relevant.

Regardless of which country he is riding in, if he rode Ilke a novice on Tuesday & Wednesday, he is likely to ride like a novice next outing. Or is his form dictated by longitudinal & latitudinal lines?

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Considering the standard of opposition I would say he did ok to score 11 over the 2 legs of the final. In comparison Dudek scored 9 and Piotr Pawlicki only 5. Smederna have now won the Elitserien for the last 3 seasons. He scored ok in the heats you would expect him to

He scored Ok, once the result was in longer in doubt & Smederna were simply seeing the meeting out.

Piotr Pawlicki & Dudek & Berntzon were equally as awful. That is true.

17 minutes ago, Col said:

Regardless of which country he is riding in, if he rode Ilke a novice on Tuesday & Wednesday, he is likely to ride like a novice next outing. Or is his form dictated by longitudinal & latitudinal lines?

Well it’s clear he didn’t ride like a novice otherwise how do you explain he outscored a couple of GP standard riders?

Using your logic do you assume Dudek will ride like a novice in the last GP in Poland??

As previously stated completely irrelevant comparison.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Well it’s clear he didn’t ride like a novice otherwise how do you explain he outscored a couple of GP standard riders?

Using your logic do you assume Dudek will ride like a novice in the last GP in Poland??

As previously stated completely irrelevant comparison.

Sand. Its. An. Ostrich. In. Like. Head. The. With. 

Dudek will probably ride like a novice at the final GP in Torun, just as he did at the recent GP in Cardiff. And recent Swedish Playoffs. And in the recent Polish playoffs.

An in form rider, is an in form rider. Regardless of location, league & competition. Just as an out of form rider is.

I have no personal objection to Thorsell.  Is there anything about him to object to?

6 hours ago, Col said:

Dudek will probably ride like a novice at the final GP in Torun, just as he did at the recent GP in Cardiff. And recent Swedish Playoffs. And in the recent Polish playoffs.

An in form rider, is an in form rider. Regardless of location, league & competition. Just as an out of form rider is.

I have no personal objection to Thorsell.  Is there anything about him to object to?

Thorsell will be fine, guaranteed double figures monday. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Col said:

Not really Cook for instance  could  look to  be form In the premiership because he's riding against a lower standard  of rider . The moment he rides in Poland he might score 0 because the oppo is better is he then out of form .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col said:

Woffy, out of form in the GPs yet was scoring well in the Polish, Swedish leagues.

Out of form in form rider maybe???

Thorssell isn’t out of form, as proven by his scores in the UK leagues as recent as last week. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jaybob said:

will monday be on met office says heavy rain from 4 onwards ?

And rain all day according toTuesday,s forecast.Wonder whether it could be rearranged for Wednesday, bright and sunny.

Bloody lashing down in Wolves earlier on the railway station!

36 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

And rain all day according toTuesday,s forecast.Wonder whether it could be rearranged for Wednesday, bright and sunny.

I thought Wolves couldn't do Weds?!

Edit - dry from 8pm on Tues acc to BBC, with light rain most of the day. Any track covers going? ;)

Edited by lisa-colette

54 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought Wolves couldn't do Weds?!

Edit - dry from 8pm on Tues acc to BBC, with light rain most of the day. Any track covers going? ;)

Not sure about Wednesday,s.Dogs Thurs and Sat evenings.Afternoon,s Mon,Tues,Wed,Fri.

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Not sure about Wednesday,s.Dogs Thurs and Sat evenings.Afternoon,s Mon,Tues,Wed,Fri.

I'm sure we've done a playoff meeting on a Wednesday before, however Somerset v Glasgow playoff is that night. Schlein, Morris, Jensen and Vissing all in that one.

Edited by Call me wolfie

2 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

The Spoons are riding at Brum Wednesday as well. (Conflict of interest).