On 12/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Tungate

Bech

Harris

Mpt

Hans 

BWD

Nicholls

I can confirm that there are 5 riders on that list that are correct :)

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Wrong, the averages say different. Masters improved every year from 2016 - 2018. 7.18 to 7.92 to 8.11. It was only this season that his average dropped.

Jacob climbed from 7.06 to 8.64 a huge climb in 2017 but hasn’t improved on that the past 2 seasons although he did increase his average slightly this season from 2018.

It's also important to look at facts as to why a riders average has dropped. Jacob achieved an 8.64 average in 2017 but it ended with a horrific injury which saw him pretty much incapacitated until well into 2018, which saw him struggle both physically and psychologically throughout the season. He then missed the first couple of months of this season through injury but still managed to up his average slightly and become Swedish champion for the first time. If he can stay injury free this season I truly believe he is capable of an 8 point average again, although he will find himself riding at number 1 at some point

11 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I’m guessing the middle five with Tungate and Nicholls being incorrect. 

• Like 1

I do not see the cloak and dagger tactics adopted by management regarding team selection does anything to get fans onside.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Look at Ipswich last year. They didn't have a No.1 but still made the Grand Final. Solid 1-7 with strong reserves.

This league is pish poor. We really don't need a No.1 to be competitive.

As for the teams mentioned above. I only rate Swindon's 1-7. 

Both Belle Vue and Sheffield are way overrated imo. 

Belle Vue - No.1 is a proven choke artist who could never get the job done for the Pirates, No.5 Killer is back in the UK because he's failed abroad. S. Worrall never improved. Very average 1-7 imo.

Sheffield - Nicki P was poor the last time he rode in the UK, Two reserves who aren't good enough to ride in this league, Howarth & Lawson who have never improved. Solid at home but will struggle big time on the road imo.

Then look at other possible sides - How many years have Masters & Thorssell failed to improve at Wolves. Klindt at No.1 for the Witches unless things change so a solid 1-7 being built again, King's Lynn same crap that's been failing for years in the engine room whilst one possible reserve that already flopped in the Championship against much weaker opposition.

With Peterborough - Hans, Nicholls, Bomber and BWD can all improve there starting GSA's whilst Tungate, MPT & Bech can at least maintain there's. I see no reason why we couldn't finish 3rd or 4th with Phil The Aces' 1-7

Or you could look from the point of view that Andersen,Harris and Nicholls are not getting any younger.Last season they all dropped there averages from the year before Harris 1.32 Andersen 1.23 Nicholls 1.14.Both Andersen and Nicholles also dropped there averages the year before as well so what makes you think they are all going to up their averages next year.Another point as well Tungate dropped his average by 0.98 as well last year plus Bech has never set our league alight and that's if he can handle a full season if they all continue on the downward path this team could be a disaster .But as you say they could all improve but to me Phils team is a massive gamble.

Edited by B.V 72

Andersen had a pretty bad season with injuries and rode as a heatleader for much of it, if he is in the team as a second string and has a clear run free of issues I think it’s inevitable that he will improve his average. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Look at Ipswich last year. They didn't have a No.1 but still made the Grand Final. Solid 1-7 with strong reserves.

This league is pish poor. We really don't need a No.1 to be competitive.

As for the teams mentioned above. I only rate Swindon's 1-7. 

Both Belle Vue and Sheffield are way overrated imo. 

Belle Vue - No.1 is a proven choke artist who could never get the job done for the Pirates, No.5 Killer is back in the UK because he's failed abroad. S. Worrall never improved. Very average 1-7 imo.

Sheffield - Nicki P was poor the last time he rode in the UK, Two reserves who aren't good enough to ride in this league, Howarth & Lawson who have never improved. Solid at home but will struggle big time on the road imo.

Then look at other possible sides - How many years have Masters & Thorssell failed to improve at Wolves. Klindt at No.1 for the Witches unless things change so a solid 1-7 being built again, King's Lynn same crap that's been failing for years in the engine room whilst one possible reserve that already flopped in the Championship against much weaker opposition.

With Peterborough - Hans, Nicholls, Bomber and BWD can all improve there starting GSA's whilst Tungate, MPT & Bech can at least maintain there's. I see no reason why we couldn't finish 3rd or 4th with Phil The Aces' 1-7

We're just going to have to disagree, I can only comment on what I've seen at Peterborough and on the Telly... B Kurtz, Killer, Wright and Bewley.. 4 heat leaders the worst being Wright! Sheffield, Pedersen, Holder, Josh G backed by Howarth and Lawson... up against Tungate MPT Harris Hans and Bech... at the Showground. Tungate would at least compete if he gates, can't comment about Bech but the others need to be able to come from behind.... which as I've said doesn't happen anymore. Then theres Swindon with 3 different class heat leaders.. Ipswich will come with Heeps, Allen, King and whoever. Last season the wins we did see were really close affairs, I can't see this team getting close at all.

Come June I won't be the only one not going anymore, and I've probably missed 5 home meetings in the last 10years.

Yesterday I was angry, today just depressed.

Seems two spots are up for grabs but If I were the Boro promotion I would be looking to go for something like this

1. Bjerre

2. Barker

3. Tungate

4. Andersen

5. Iversen

6. Garrity

7. Ostergaard

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

Or you could look from the point of view that Andersen,Harris and Nicholls are not getting any younger.Last season they all dropped there averages from the year before Harris 1.32 Andersen 1.23 Nicholls 1.14.Both Andersen and Nicholles also dropped there averages the year before as well so what makes you think they are all going to up their averages next year.Another point as well Tungate dropped his average by 0.98 as well last year plus Bech has never set our league alight and that's if he can handle a full season if they all continue on the downward path this team could be a disaster .But as you say they could all improve but to me Phils team is a massive gamble.

They aren't I agree but I think they can easily up starting GSA's.

Hans had an injury hit campaign, Harris doesn't like the Foxhall track and Nicholls was never settled last year. Missing out on a Prem team place then got one at a technical track followed by making a switch to a big fast track.

Tungate wont improve his average for sure. We signed him on a false average last year that was based around his points scoring around NSS. Bech you're right he's another that hasn't done anything in Britain but he should be able to get 6 a meeting in this weak league that has got even weaker this winter with big departures across the board. 

With Nicholls at reserve he will be riding against riders like Etheridge, Perks, Rowe, T. Kurtz, A. Morris as well as others for the majority of the evening. He's capable of beating these guy's even though he's not getting any younger. 

Between the three of them I can see a combined average improvement of a minimum 2.00 points. Hans a full point, Nicholls and Bomber half a point each which would seem them still all end the season on averages under 7.00.

24 minutes ago, moorelsm said:

We're just going to have to disagree, I can only comment on what I've seen at Peterborough and on the Telly... B Kurtz, Killer, Wright and Bewley.. 4 heat leaders the worst being Wright! Sheffield, Pedersen, Holder, Josh G backed by Howarth and Lawson... up against Tungate MPT Harris Hans and Bech... at the Showground. Tungate would at least compete if he gates, can't comment about Bech but the others need to be able to come from behind.... which as I've said doesn't happen anymore. Then theres Swindon with 3 different class heat leaders.. Ipswich will come with Heeps, Allen, King and whoever. Last season the wins we did see were really close affairs, I can't see this team getting close at all.

Come June I won't be the only one not going anymore, and I've probably missed 5 home meetings in the last 10years.

Yesterday I was angry, today just depressed.

Thing is you have to judge them team as a collective group and not just the HL's.

What we're losing in the HL department we more than make up for with the second strings. We would have a team full of second strings and no reserves. But all second strings capable of scoring 6 points a meeting which would mean a league point in every meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Thing is you have to judge them team as a collective group and not just the HL's.

What we're losing in the HL department we more than make up for with the second strings. We would have a team full of second strings and no reserves. But all second strings capable of scoring 6 points a meeting which would mean a league point in every meeting. 

Surely you would lose all your home ones with 42 points 

38 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Seems two spots are up for grabs but If I were the Boro promotion I would be looking to go for something like this

1. Bjerre

2. Barker

3. Tungate

4. Andersen

5. Iversen

6. Garrity

7. Ostergaard

Garrity and Barker

NO THANKS

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. Bjerre

2. Barker

3. Tungate

4. Andersen

5. Iversen

6. Garrity

7. Ostergaard

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

You say you can confirm 5 are correct - then only include 2 of them in your team.

You've also forgotten MPT has been confirmed.

• Like 3