British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

Bellego would be excellent at the NSS. 

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Certainly a good second string if his average fits

Wouldn’t touch him personally - a slightly better Berge for me.

A typical 3, 0, 0, 0, 0 type of rider. Pretty sure he did that when he guested for us the other year. Looked a million dollars in his first race and then disappeared for the rest of the evening.

No thanks 

• Like 1

I think the absence of a big hitter at number 1 is risky and can see us losing matches because of Ht's 13 and 15.  Is it definitely the case that Fricke and Bjerre are giving the UK a miss  in 2020?   

On the options listed by Phil, I'd try for Tungate rather than an aging Hans Andersen.  Watching Rohan work his way to the front was enjoyable.

You are right coldace', heat 15 can often make the difference between winning a meeting or getting the away bonus point. I do not see any team getting near Swindon's top two pairing, with a combined average of 17.78.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

But pretty dire at most other places. 

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

But pretty dire at most other places. 

Yes, I think you are right however next season may be slightly better for him. He should be able to get around Peterborough, Swindon, King's Lynn and Sheffield. But who knows. I'd rather have Rohan Tungate but maybe too high an average.

• Like 1

The present format favours a good top two.

Now Swindon have Doyle and Batchelor.... and as in 2020 you can keep your 7 riders for 2021 ,then Swindon can sign young upcoming riders and ensure they have a strong side for many years to come

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

The present format favours a good top two.

Now Swindon have Doyle and Batchelor.... and as in 2020 you can keep your 7 riders for 2021 ,then Swindon can sign young upcoming riders and ensure they have a strong side for many years to come

The 'keep the same 7' is being looked into - it hasnt been agreed. Plus we all know that the chances of a new regulation lasting more than a season is often slim

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The 'keep the same 7' is being looked into - it hasnt been agreed. Plus we all know that the chances of a new regulation lasting more than a season is often slim

If you listen to the aces agm on their web site, it implies that it will probably happen... and if it does then Swindon will be in a great position.

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

If you listen to the aces agm on their web site, it implies that it will probably happen... and if it does then Swindon will be in a great position.

If it is brought in IMO it should only be if you end the season with the 7 you start with. Any changes and it should be void

• Like 1

I don't think you'll need to worry much about Kurtz being a No1, especially around the NSS. He'll up his Poole game there

16 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Kurtz is yeah. But at the moment as no1. We him to back someone up. Not someone back him up. Could be a loooooong season 

Kurtz will be no problem as a number 1 for BV. I think Poole has slowed him down.

Getting a number 1 and 2nd HL will be tough for the entire league this season.

I can see Jack Holder coming as well.

Not a clue if it fits but

Kurtz

Lidsey

Wright

Bewley

Holder

Sedgman

Ayres

Inc minus 2.5% for British riders i think my maths are right ?

Kurtz               7.54

Wright or Worrall 6.52 or 5.54

Tungate            6.59

Bewley             6.16

Holder              7.49

Lidsey              5.16

leaving 3.02 or 4.04 depending who is at number 2

Good solid team and not to pie in the sky.Tungate/Bewley and Worrall all dropped their averages last year so all are capable of improving and Lidsey should keep on improving next season plus one good reserve all the time.

Edited by B.V 72