British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

On 12/26/2019 at 8:16 PM, szkocjasid said:

I always assumed Birmingham picked Jack Thomas at reserve rather than Danyon Hume due to points limit, but just looked and seen they could've used Hume instead of Thomas & still been under the points limit! Odd they wouldn't want Hume!

Thomas is a better rider than Hume imo !

23 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Thomas is a better rider than Hume imo !

I think not good luck then if that is what you you believe Hume last year was one of the few pace wise at his best could beat and be on the pace with Ellis  Perks.Good  luck with Jack ( not that he deserves a chance straight away he quit!! this year Hume is in a different league maybe you need specs GiveusaB.?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think not good luck then if that is what you you believe Hume last year was one of the few pace wise at his best could beat and be on the pace with Ellis  Perks.Good  luck with Jack ( not that he deserves a chance straight away he quit!! this year Hume is in a different league maybe you need specs GiveusaB.?

Oh look you disagree so you retaliate by being offensive . Just accept people have different views and opinions .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brummies injury situation(s) meant Hume was limited to a few outings. If Thomas is as quick as Hume was I'll be very surprised.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 7:31 AM, HGould said:

Sadly Birmingham is run by an elected mayor called Andy Street who must rank as the worst politician of any Party in the UK and a City Council who are completely useless. Between them they could not shell a pea.

The Commonwealth Games - Village and various sites, may in the long term be to the benefit of Brummies in their current location but certainly for 2020 / 2021 / 2022 season won't do us any favours.

As for Wheels, it's in an awful location and was never really developed along lines intended. It is a shame that the council have screwed over the stock car, kart and other promotions/businesses working there as they all did good j

Andy Street is the Mayor of the West Midlands not Birminmgham.

2 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

Andy Street is the Mayor of the West Midlands not Birminmgham.

Andy Street is very much Elected Mayor of Birmingham which is part of the West Midlands in this context.

Very good on jumping on bandwagons and very good at hiding when the going gets tough.

Classic 21st century politician on a huge wage!

Could have been worse tough as he narrowly beat Karren Brady to Tory nomination

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Oh look you disagree so you retaliate by being offensive . Just accept people have different views and opinions .

Quite right PtbaB….thank you for pointing that out...… my opinion is based on what I've seen of both riders at their best.....It's not a negative swipe at Danyon. I love watching Danyon ride a bike, he's an out an out racer......I just remember Jack Thomas being a class act when he won the British U19 semi Final at PB 2 seasons ago!

Lawrence Rogers and David Mason obviously agree with me ?:t:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hume is definitely on the pace, but can't control the bike for 4 laps on a regular basis! He broke Ellis's collar bone last season! FACT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Hume is definitely on the pace, but can't control the bike for 4 laps on a regular basis! He broke Ellis's collar bone last season! FACT!

He certainly looked on the pace this year and broke the hoodoo and had a injury free year which reflected in his scores.

• Like 1

I hope Danyon lands a champ place somewhere and is able to return and score big at Perry Barr. If he could get in at Poole and link up with his old mentor he would be able to make the step up with more confidence. In Jack Thomas Brum have a likeable lad who is well prepared but may be lacking a few HP and could definitely suffer confidence issues if he fails to get a NL ride. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Quite right PtbaB….thank you for pointing that out...… my opinion is based on what I've seen of both riders at their best.....It's not a negative swipe at Danyon. I love watching Danyon ride a bike, he's an out an out racer......I just remember Jack Thomas being a class act when he won the British U19 semi Final at PB 2 seasons ago!

Lawrence Rogers and David Mason obviously agree with me ?:t:

Was there a little falling  out with Danyon after being released, ???? also the two you named have also got quite alot wrong in there tenor so far.But i wish the Brummies well going back to Jack if he does not have the NL to fall back on and especially if he is at number 6 it is going to be a tough season.Even with youngsters making the reserves look weaker for other sides there are some real talent out there (i.e.) Palin,Thompson (2) Flint, Bickley, Bailey.Connor Mountain a fine little rider a good example  was hindered by not getting extra ride's elsewhere saying that he still did very well.

• Haha 1

So where do we expect to see the Brummies at the end of the season ? My prediction is 6th mid table but in the play offs fairly comfortably. 

Keeping the 1-7 injury free will be key . THJ  is the key he could be a real steal on his average . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

So where do we expect to see the Brummies at the end of the season ? My prediction is 6th mid table but in the play offs fairly comfortably. 

Keeping the 1-7 injury free will be key . THJ  is the key he could be a real steal on his average . 

Agreed!

Can't really add anything to your prediction, other than to 'endorse' your comment about staying 'injury' free? 

I also think that if we stay injury free, then we will always have at least one strong reserve, which can be a 'trump' card at times!?

Starting with 'Paco' ....on his day, he can beat any team's reserves/second string riders....home/away!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I think Birmingham are clearly stronger than last year, but don't think they'll make top 6!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Birmingham are clearly stronger than last year, but don't think they'll make top 6!

We certainly are . Where do you see our final position being then ? 

I think they league looks pretty competitive .