British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

Grobauer signs. It looks like a team of second strings plus Bomber so I hope they can at least find a proper second heat leader. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looks a poor Team .IMO

Depends who the final signing is and what's left to play with ? (does anyone know his average?)

Grobauer isnt a bad rider.....he won the German best pairs last season, scoring 14 points?

My only concern is, he seems to have an unpredictable personality? Hope he's mentally strong enough?

Saw him just once when visiting with Somerset....think he had 2 decent races...?

GROBAUER QUITS AHEAD OF ARLINGTON VISIT

that was the headline news from Somerset Speedway in July 2019.....

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

GROBAUER QUITS AHEAD OF ARLINGTON VISIT

that was the headline news from Somerset Speedway in July 2019.....

Hi Gentelmen, as a newby on here my posts have to be approved, so I do not know how long it will be before this post appears on this thread.

It just so happens I recently took my old 2 valve Jawa engine for restoration to a well known engine builder and tuner, and we chin wagged for an hour or two about speedway, he was also the man who did ( and will be doing) Grobauers engines, so he new first hand  the problems, nothing to startling and I am not going to broadcast the details, but I understand the problems he had at Somerset. The tuner thinks Grobauer is a good prospect and could be a suprise package for the Brummies, given the right enviroment, and made to feel at home.

Cant wait for the season to start

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Historian said:

Hi Gentelmen, as a newby on here my posts have to be approved, so I do not know how long it will be before this post appears on this thread.

It just so happens I recently took my old 2 valve Jawa engine for restoration to a well known engine builder and tuner, and we chin wagged for an hour or two about speedway, he was also the man who did ( and will be doing) Grobauers engines, so he new first hand  the problems, nothing to startling and I am not going to broadcast the details, but I understand the problems he had at Somerset. The tuner thinks Grobauer is a good prospect and could be a suprise package for the Brummies, given the right enviroment, and made to feel at home.

Cant wait for the season to start

Welcome to the Forum! :t:

On 3/7/2021 at 10:29 AM, lewy said:

From what I've heard bwd is not coming over this year unless he's had a change of mind 

I have heard that BWD may now be coming over to ride so would be available for a Championship team if a deal could be done

Brum have 9.96 for a Brit and 9.71 for a foreigner... BWD will be on an 8.21 average (if my sums are correct)... So would fit...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 3

Well ... 1 never quite managed to gate GP winner, 3 reserves & 2 second strings look good, any possibility of a rider who can win a heat?

Edited by Col

Just seen Grobauer's average (5.38) and I think it's brilliant business by our management! :t:

9.71 to play with ? only one other team in the league has a rider above this average......(proven at this level)

Edited by GiveusaB

33 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just seen Grobauer's average (5.38) and I think it's brilliant business by our management! :t:

9.71 to play with ? only one other team in the league has a rider above this average......(proven at this level)

If you think Grobauer is brilliant business on a 5.38 average then you’ve probably never seen him ride.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If you think Grobauer is brilliant business on a 5.38 average then you’ve probably never seen him ride.

Ok....LOL...I'll change brilliant to good.....I think I got excited by the fact that we've still got 9.7 to fill the last team spot ? :D

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ok....LOL...I'll change brilliant to good.....I think I got excited by the fact that we've still got 9.7 to fill the last team spot ? :D

You’d better hope it’s Zmarzlik with the way the rest of the team has gone

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The problem is that there no rider available near that average who is willing to ride over here.  So think your team will be a few points under. Maybe BWD if he wants to ride but not much out there 

Jan Graversen or Henning Loof anybody ?! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Jan Graversen or Henning Loof anybody ?! 

I'd rather have Sam ermolenko ! : )