British Speedway Forum

The problem with allowing a signing for an injured rider after the cut off is who determines they're injured?

Aarnio is no longer featuring for Scunthorpe but is riding elsewhere, but a magical sick note is being used in the UK. Any team could do the same to strengthen if needed

8 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

The problem with allowing a signing for an injured rider after the cut off is who determines they're injured?

Aarnio is no longer featuring for Scunthorpe but is riding elsewhere, but a magical sick note is being used in the UK. Any team could do the same to strengthen if needed

The hospital? I think if you stay overnight in hospital then you are pretty injured.

A sick note is when you are ill? And you get suspended for that anyway! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Just now, lisa-colette said:

The hospital? I think if you stay overnight in hospital then you are pretty injured.

There will of course be legitimate cases. But some of the sick notes used in speedway are laughable! What I'm saying is it's open to manipulation.

"Overnight" in a foreign hospital can be written be anyone with a blurry business card pretending to be a doctor!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

There will of course be legitimate cases. But some of the sick notes used in speedway are laughable! What I'm saying is it's open to manipulation.

"Overnight" in a foreign hospital can be written be anyone with a blurry business card pretending to be a doctor!

Well yes there is that. I still have a feeling we will have to use guests for rest of the season. 

Maybe the SCB or BSPA chairman can send a doctor for a home visit..? ;)

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

4.51 acc to Skidder.

and the latest GSA stats on BSPL website.

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s there to stop riders strengthening for the playoffs. Teams in the past had pilfered riders from other teams to give them a boost in the playoffs.

The obvious guilty party being Poole, who signed the World Champion for the play offs in 2013 ...

1 minute ago, *JJ said:

The obvious guilty party being Poole, who signed the World Champion for the play offs in 2013 ...

That was still for an injured rider!! Chris Holder I believe. 

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

and the latest GSA stats on BSPL website.

Well yes, I assumed you got it from somewhere official ;)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Everyone loves a holiday 

3 hours ago, noaksey said:

Everyone loves a holiday 

Pretty sure being injured is not taking a holiday! Maybe you need to look back and see why Greg came in? It wasn't strengthening, it was cos Chris Holder got injured. No way would either Holder get sacked from Poole no matter how they ride.

Anyway a Sheffield fan reckons they can get a replacement in, so I'll go along with that :)

Edited by lisa-colette

Just guests then unless Stef is superman and can get back before season ends. Hopefully management is keeping an eye on who is good and where!

I think we’ll use guests for the final few meetings before the play offs and see how Stefan is later in the month. I think it’s highly unlikely that he will be fit but you never know with these guys. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Just guests then unless Stef is superman and can get back before season ends. Hopefully management is keeping an eye on who is good and where!

I thought the club were looking at a possible permanent replacement for the play offs?

5 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I thought the club were looking at a possible permanent replacement for the play offs?

they are i believe there was rider at the stadium last night ?