British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

That would be a first for HA.

I'm always polite

On 8/12/2020 at 12:44 AM, Mark said:

you are a wiser owl than the majority then.

Not sure why you and Grand Central put so much faith in politicians. Most are far stupider than you give them credit for, and generally make decisions on what will make them more popular / less unpopular tomorrow than what's better in the long run.

The simple fact is that a 'Spanish Flu' type scenario has long been postulated, and the spread and mitigation of other infectious diseases long been studied, including quite recently. That Grand Central and yourself are apparently ignorant of this, and prefer to believe government propaganda that it's the first time anyone has ever had to deal with such things, sums up the sheep-like mentality of much of the population that's been scared into submitting to the edicts of their supposed lords and masters.

There are far more sensible measures that could be taken that would allow a modicum of normality for the least likely to die age groups, whilst limiting economic destruction and the loss of important social and sporting institutions. Whilst sport obviously has to come a long way down the list of priorities, there seems to be little real scientific analysis applied to countries declared to be COVID-19 hotspots.

• Like 1

... Back to the rest of the GP Series... Surely if Emil doesn't win it this year he must be in danger of challenging Leigh Adams of becoming the best rider to never win an Individual World Championship?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

... Back to the rest of the GP Series... Surely if Emil doesn't win it this year he must be in danger of challenging Leigh Adams of becoming the best rider to never win an Individual World Championship?

Tommy Knudsen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Tommy Knudsen?

He's definitely up there isn't he. Tommy spent most of his career riding in semi-professional leagues though, both Leigh and Emil in professional leagues. For me it's:

1. Leigh Adams

2. Emil Sayfutdinov

3. Tommy Knudsen

Although Emil is in danger of becoming No 1 very soon

2 hours ago, iainb said:

He's definitely up there isn't he. Tommy spent most of his career riding in semi-professional leagues though, both Leigh and Emil in professional leagues. For me it's:

1. Leigh Adams

2. Emil Sayfutdinov

3. Tommy Knudsen

Although Emil is in danger of becoming No 1 very soon

GIVEN his number of SGP wins I think Emil already is ...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GIVEN his number of SGP wins I think Emil already is ...

... and his SoN wins. The thing is I suppose I saw a lot more of Leigh in this country than I have of Emil, and with the SGP series it's not just about the wins it's more about the consistency, not helped by the fact that Emil hid away from the GP's for a few years, for whatever reasons. Certainly during one of those season's he wasn't in the GP's he appeared to be better than Woffy who won the title.

One thing's for sure the longer he goes without winning it the more he'll become the definitive number 1 in this league table

Edited by iainb

15 hours ago, iainb said:

Tom Farndon! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I've little else to do with my time at the moment I did some analysis between Leigh vs Emil and although it's difficult to compare the 2 because of Emil's sabbatical here are the stats:

Best Finish:

Leigh Emil  
7 3  
6 15  
5 6  
4 5  
4 6  
4 1 SEC
3 1 SEC
5 7 SEC
2 6  
6 8  
11 3  

GP Finals:

Leigh Emil
Finals 26 23
1st 8 7
2nd 3 4
3rd 5 7
4th 10 5

I think Leigh just edges it still for me... but that could change at the end of the season

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

GP Finals:

Leigh Emil
Finals 26 23
1st 8 7
2nd 3 4
3rd 5 7
4th 10 5

To come last in 10 from 26 finals would show a weakness when under max pressure or against the best.  Sport is also played in the mind.

41 minutes ago, Mark said:

To come last in 10 from 26 finals would show a weakness when under max pressure or against the best.  Sport is also played in the mind.

But then he was riding mostly in the Tony Rick Jason Crump era, throw in Nicki P and Mr G in Poland and it's more understandable

On 8/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, iainb said:

Shouldn’t have taken those years away from the GP when he was arguably the best rider in the world. 

• Like 1