British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

3 hours ago, iainb said:

For starters there's a hill on turn 2

Beaumont Park project was started on land on a fairly steep slope to incorporate multi events. Speedway was the first one started & is at the top. Turn 2 is the banking & pit entrance/exit. At Redcar, again, there is a hill but on turn 4. Again, this is banking & the pit entrance/exit.

You build on the lie of the land whatever is given to you.

Aren't we going a bit off topic here because I thought this was about merchandise, or the last 10 pages or more. :unsure:

• Haha 2

The title of the thread is Leicester 2021 not Leicester Merchandise.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

whoosh!

Humour not in your vocabulary?

& neither is thread, sorry, tread.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

whoosh!

Humour not in your vocabulary?

Not a whoosh, should have put a smiley not a roll eyes then. It went down like a lead, sorry iron, balloon. :rofl::cheers:

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

& neither is thread, sorry, tread.

Thanks for pointing out dreadfull mistake. :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

You build on the lie of the land whatever is given to you.

No... you get a digger in to excavate the land

Yet you had a blank piece of paper to design & build a decent track which would support decent, entertaining racing, yet you have had to change the track shape how many times?

The stadium infrastructure & facilities are pretty good from day 1 though. At least you got something right.:rolleyes: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Yet you had a blank piece of paper to design & build a decent track which would support decent, entertaining racing, yet you have had to change the track shape how many times?

The stadium infrastructure & facilities are pretty good from day 1 though. At least you got something right.:rolleyes: 

That was because the promoter at the time went against all the expert advice and changed the layout to resemble a cycle speedway track!

• Like 2

I used to do cycle speedway back in my youth but do not think tracks were that big :unsure: but shape about right. I'd have been kna....ed doing 1 lap never mind 4.:)

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, Gambo said:

That was because the promoter at the time went against all the expert advice and changed the layout to resemble a cycle speedway track!

He said that he wanted a 'fast' speedway track, but ignored all advice as to how to achieve it!

On 8/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, IronScorpion said:

Been just the once this season and really surprised they didnt have a deckchair attendant ! Is Speedway one of the only professional sports where you have to take your own seat along with you ?

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Iain the questions you ask are valid questions & may i suggest you ask those questions to the club & jaybea designs instead of the consistent moaning on here.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, The Dog said:

Is there a reason why you haven't mentioned or put your ideas and thoughts to the Leicester promotion? They might have very good reasons why they do or don't do things, but at least you'd get an answer from the horses mouth rather than speculation on here... 

1 month ago today, I did as you both suggested, and took the time and trouble to write a very polite 860 word email to the Leicester "promotion", asking some of the questions I have asked on here and putting forward some of the ideas I have had and voiced on this forum to help try and improve the visibility of Leicester Speedway as a club and reigning Champions.

I'm still waiting for a reply and none of the basic simple things I suggested have been acted upon. Not even a courtesy "thank you for your email" (we've put it straight in the bin) reply! Nothing, blanked!

So there you have it Leicester fans... you're all being mugged off by a promotion that have absolutely no idea in the meaning of the word... But I'll continue to go... until the next call to arms is issued telling us all that the crowd levels aren't big enough.

Don't kid yourselves as soon as the success stops, the crowds WILL drop, but I'll still be there and until the club is promoted properly I will continue to consistently moan about it on here.

ATB

Iain

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

1 month ago today, I did as you both suggested, and took the time and trouble to write a very polite 860 word email to the Leicester "promotion", asking some of the questions I have asked on here and putting forward some of the ideas I have had and voiced on this forum to help try and improve the visibility of Leicester Speedway as a club and reigning Champions.

I'm still waiting for a reply and none of the basic simple things I suggested have been acted upon. Not even a courtesy "thank you for your email" (we've put it straight in the bin) reply! Nothing, blanked!

So there you have it Leicester fans... you're all being mugged off by a promotion that have absolutely no idea in the meaning of the word... But I'll continue to go... until the next call to arms is issued telling us all that the crowd levels aren't big enough.

Don't kid yourselves as soon as the success stops, the crowds WILL drop, but I'll still be there and until the club is promoted properly I will continue to consistently moan about it on here.

ATB

Iain

Compare that response to Barry Bishop at the IOW who took on board a fan’s suggestion. Implemented it at a meeting. Asked for feedback on the success which was positive and promptly rewarded the fan to entry to the next meeting as a guest of the club. 
that’s how to treat a customer properly 

• Like 5