British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Edinburgh v Redcar 28th May

Fair result in the end and one I would of happily taken pre match. 

track wasn’t great imo was extremely slick made passing rather difficult. Bit of dirt and grip on there and I think we could have snatched the win.

good showings from the top 3. For his first time seeing the track this afternoon when he turned up for the match I thought lye Thomson was great. Got round the track nicely and even got a race win. Definitely promising 

expected a bit more from William and Nathan, young joe having a night to forget as well. However good to finally be back and see some live speedway again.

Just now, Yearbyred said:

It’s a home team stream, don’t expect impartiality and like I said I thought it was very fair.

I wish more clubs would follow Edinburgh’s example, certainly for away fans. 

It's hard to understand why other teams are not doing it. Ours is produced by our own technical wizards with our own equipment, no-one gets paid, so it is extra revenue for the club.

Most seem to have enjoyed the stream I've seen one person who had reception issues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

It’s a home team stream, don’t expect impartiality and like I said I thought it was very fair.

I wish more clubs would follow Edinburgh’s example, certainly for away fans. 

Amazes me more don’t, if we get nigh on 200 a week there’s an extra 2k income per week why wouldn’t every club in the country want that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Amazes me more don’t, if we get nigh on 200 a week there’s an extra 2k income per week why wouldn’t every club in the country want that 

Maybe because some fans just wouldn't attend anymore and several would buy one stream and watch it with several people who would normally attend. £100+ gate receipts could turn into £11.99. It's great for the away supporter though!

It's probably more beneficial financially when there are attendance restrictions as people who missed out on tickets can purchase a pass. 

Edited by Bellers101

24 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Maybe because some fans just wouldn't attend anymore and several would buy one stream and watch it with several people who would normally attend. £100+ gate receipts could turn into £11.99. It's great for the away supporter though!

It's probably more beneficial financially when there are attendance restrictions as people who missed out on tickets can purchase a pass. 

I know when doing the streaming in 2019 it was restricted. So you could only purchase the stream if you lived over 50 miles from the stadium. 
with restricted crowds at the moment that rule has been removed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I know when doing the streaming in 2019 it was restricted. So you could only purchase the stream if you lived over 50 miles from the stadium. 
with restricted crowds at the moment that rule has been removed.

As a supporter who rarely goes to away meetings this would work for me and I’d certainly be happy to pay for Bears away matches.

If Edinburgh can do it then other clubs can too.

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

As a supporter who rarely goes to away meetings this would work for me and I’d certainly be happy to pay for Bears away matches.

If Edinburgh can do it then other clubs can too.

I agree 100%.
Edinburgh have led the way with streaming, and other tracks should be doing the same.
I recall that I got the chance to watch a Dale meeting live a couple of years ago when I was in Denmark for the week, and that was something completely new to me from British Speedway. I'm not sure that Edinburgh have received enough credit for their efforts in this area in the past. 
Tonight I got to enjoy a live stream when I wouldn't have been able to get to the stadium due to work commitments. 
With the pre-covid geo restrictions on the streams I wouldn't have had that opportunity.
Once crowd restrictions are removed, I assume the geo blocks will go back on. I wonder if there might be a chance to have a "local people" pay rate for the stream for those of us who just cannot get to the Dale in time after work? I'd be happy to pay the normal admission price to get a stream on the nights I can't make it...but I understand if the club wouldn't be keen to do this due to the potential of multiple locals watching a single stream.

• Like 1

As a Ipswich fan I had watched the lockdown meetings on a Friday evening and really enjoyed what I saw so I purchased the stream last night. 
really enjoyed the meeting and I thought the pace was just right.  No long delays and any gaps were filled with informed chats with the riders. 
The price I thought initially was a bit high but thinking about it I couldn’t get a domino’s pizza for less and a cinema ticket is £15 so actually it is probably about right but it would be too much to watch weekly possibly ??

well done to Edinburgh. 

streaming could save british speedway.  not just marketing opportunities to away fans.  what about fans in Australia, the US or poland.  If all clubs could provide a stream then a monthly league pass could be sold internationally.

• Like 1

How much is the stream? Anything more than a fiver and its a rip off in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

How much is the stream? Anything more than a fiver and its a rip off in all honesty. 

What absolute rubbish. What sort of entertainment (particularly PPV sport) are you getting for a fiver these days? I think it’s priced well. 

• Like 3

Just now, JanAndersen said:

What absolute rubbish. What sort of entertainment (particularly PPV sport) are you getting for a fiver these days? I think it’s priced well. 

Really?

The sport in many peoples eyes, in person, is a ten quid sport. So to sit at home and watch it , a fiver is hardly un reasonable. 

Your telling me watching 15 heats of speedway in an empty stadium in the second tier of probably the 4th or even 5th ranked country for speedway is more than a fiver?! Do me a favour. 

33 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Really?

The sport in many peoples eyes, in person, is a ten quid sport. So to sit at home and watch it , a fiver is hardly un reasonable. 

Your telling me watching 15 heats of speedway in an empty stadium in the second tier of probably the 4th or even 5th ranked country for speedway is more than a fiver?! Do me a favour. 

Have you gone to the cinema lately ???? It’s £15 at a multi plex   The drinks and food are very expensive.  Where can you go out for a evening for a tenner ?????

Majority of cinemas are about £5.99/£8.00 these days per person, its about 10 years since it was £15.00 a head, they had tailored cost to account for a crashing market even before Covid, food, like at speedway is optional but the base cost for tickets has come down a lot.  A cinema is also an out of home experience, these days you can rent films online or having streaming services on constant demand. 

NBA League Pass is £25.00 for the entire duration of the play offs

Premier Sport pass is £10.99 for a month 

Eurosport is £6.99 

Using both these services you could feasibly watch about 4 or 5 meetings in a month. 

Now TV Day pass is £9.98

Netflix is about £5.99 a month

I appreciate the need for the revenue of streaming a meeting, but anyone acting like it is value for money is being a bit silly, its an admirable product priced at diehard fans rather than likely to attract that must floating interest 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Like 2