British Speedway Forum
Bandits4eva

Plymouth vs Berwick CH 08/06/21

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for heats 14 & 15 please? Thanks in advance.

Ht14 51.91 Ht15 52.00

• Like 1

For what it’s worth my input on last nights meeting……

1) superb meeting both on and off the track

2) the New Plymouth lads are starting to show that they have the ability to battle with the top boys

3) bowtell unreal and for me cook really looked on the pace and that he will be the best of the three new lads. Rumul will follow and unfortunatly goret as it stands is a bit behind. 

4) this rubbish about saying it’s a select 7 is rubbish. It is a team due to injury that was put together for Berwick to beat they couldn’t and Plymouth won.

5) if every meeting was a blow out and won 70-20 every meeting it would boring. The Plymouth team is made up of two stars in pedersen and crump who will draw the crowds. Atkins would have gained a lot of local support and the other 4 boys are you g and hungry and you can see how desperate they are to do well. Fans recognise when riders want to do well and appreciate it. They also see it as someone to watch and encourage and willing to do better. I think the biggest roar of encouragement from the crowd is when one of the new boys gates and gets in front and stays there and wins. Much more than pedersen.

6) Gary May is going to make a huge difference to this team without doubt.

7) I think people need to show Plymouth a bit more respect than is currently being given saying that a team should be embarrassed by losing to them.

8) it’s unfortunate about the ticket situation however it’s the times we live in at the moment. Part of me highly doubts that the number will be Mark’s phone number even if it is the chance of him being able to answer it between 2-6 on a race night is extremely unlikely with the amount of work going on before hand. Hopefully come 21st June we will be a bit more free. However not sure much blame can be given to the promotion for this. 

9) the fans from who I heard loved the meeting, loved the food, the presentation of the evening, the stands and the cherry on top was the result.

personally I think big things will happen in Plymouth over the next few years with surely one of the hardest working promoters in the sport. The change to the stadium and from national league to premier is huge.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

2) the New Plymouth lads are starting to show that they have the ability to battle with the top boys

3) bowtell unreal and for me cook really looked on the pace and that he will be the best of the three new lads. Rumul will follow and unfortunatly goret as it stands is a bit behind. 

4) this rubbish about saying it’s a select 7 is rubbish. It is a team due to injury that was put together for Berwick to beat they couldn’t and Plymouth won.

5) if every meeting was a blow out and won 70-20 every meeting it would boring. The Plymouth team is made up of two stars in pedersen and crump who will draw the crowds. Atkins would have gained a lot of local support and the other 4 boys are you g and hungry and you can see how desperate they are to do well. Fans recognise when riders want to do well and appreciate it. They also see it as someone to watch and encourage and willing to do better. I think the biggest roar of encouragement from the crowd is when one of the new boys gates and gets in front and stays there and wins. Much more than pedersen.

7) I think people need to show Plymouth a bit more respect than is currently being given saying that a team should be embarrassed by losing to them.

8) it’s unfortunate about the ticket situation however it’s the times we live in at the moment. Part of me highly doubts that the number will be Mark’s phone number even if it is the chance of him being able to answer it between 2-6 on a race night is extremely unlikely with the amount of work going on before hand. Hopefully come 21st June we will be a bit more free. However not sure much blame can be given to the promotion for this. 

9) the fans from who I heard loved the meeting, loved the food, the presentation of the evening, the stands and the cherry on top was the result.

personally I think big things will happen in Plymouth over the next few years with surely one of the hardest working promoters in the sport. The change to the stadium and from national league to premier is huge.  

Wish Plymouth all the success over the next few years,they have put in the effort.After last night you could probably say that the Plymouth Team are on a par with that Berwick Team at this present time.Ok at home but will suffer on their travels.

7 hours ago, emilali said:

Thankfully not, not that it has any relevance to the point I was making. Embarrassing result against a garbage side, end of story. 

And the Gladiators speak equally highly of you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ancient mariner said:

And the Gladiators speak equally highly of you

Thanks old man.

14 hours ago, emilali said:

Effort and commitment doesn’t win you anything, that should be a given. That Plymouth side is horrific, thats why Berwick should be embarrassed by the result. 

So how bad are poole as they only beat Berwick by 2 more points than Plymouth did:blush:

50 minutes ago, lewy said:

So how bad are poole as they only beat Berwick by 2 more points than Plymouth did:blush:

You will find out when they come to Plymouth;):P

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You will find out when they come to Plymouth;):P

I rate poole very highly definitely top 4 just making the point that its a bit ott calling Plymouth an embarrassment. 

16 hours ago, Doners123 said:

Doners 123.   Everything that you states is correct. Well said.

I am a Plymothian living at Plymouth again (now back after 38 years away at Hampshire). I support Plymouth Albion (rugby), Plymouth Gladiators (Devils), and sponsored a Plymouth Argyle player. I contributed money to raise Rasmus Jensen speedway rider a few years ago.  I saw my first speedway meeting at Plymouth in 1961   ...  60 years watching speedway.  

I have supported/watched Reading, Oxford, Poole, Weymouth, Wimbledon, Exeter, Swindon, St Austell.  I have been over to a few GPs and I have watched other matches to Wolves, Coventry, Canterbury,  Cardiff, Stoke, Wembley (league and World Finals) etc

Speedway is now in a mess and, therefore, all speedway supporters need to keep their faith and support (teams or locations).

Therefore, the whingers and those with sour, poor sportsmanship comments.

Just really look at Plymouth and the Plymouth Speedway team truthfully ... both are positive.

The 2 matches with Kent and Berwick have been great. Great racing, good atmosphere and good attendances (Covid19 allowed).

Guests. Yes    ...  Atkins would have been a great asset this season. Sadly, he has to miss the full season because of a shoulder problem. Many broken ribs for  Crump. He'll be back in a few weeks.

Goret and Ruml,  are new to UK and have had been poor starters so far. Cook is starting to look good. Ruml will be a very rider with a few more matches. 

Plymouth Gladiators Promoter, Management (now has May) have been through the pains and finances and, now, this club, team and supporters now have a fine speedway club to enjoy and deserve. 

Yes, Plymouth won't be the Championship titles but wait until the next season.

In the meantime, enjoy  UK holidays in Devon. Watch to Tuesday evenings at Plymouth Coliseum  and enjoy the evening's racing, nice people, atmosphere and Pedersen, Crump etc etc

If you would like to discuss everything, a nice chat in a beer at Plymouth, please let me know. Maybe some of the poor comments here might understand things more truthful/correct. 

Enjoy your speedway   ..whether at Plymouth, Poole, Berwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh etc etc

ps Wolves are now looking at close down if things do not improve. So    ....   speedway supporters help everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, rogero said:

Doners 123.   Everything that you states is correct. Well said.

I am a Plymothian living at Plymouth again (now back after 38 years away at Hampshire). I support Plymouth Albion (rugby), Plymouth Gladiators (Devils), and sponsored a Plymouth Argyle player. I contributed money to raise Rasmus Jensen speedway rider a few years ago.  I saw my first speedway meeting at Plymouth in 1961   ...  60 years watching speedway.  

I have supported/watched Reading, Oxford, Poole, Weymouth, Wimbledon, Exeter, Swindon, St Austell.  I have been over to a few GPs and I have watched other matches to Wolves, Coventry, Canterbury,  Cardiff, Stoke, Wembley (league and World Finals) etc

Speedway is now in a mess and, therefore, all speedway supporters need to keep their faith and support (teams or locations).

Therefore, the whingers and those with sour, poor sportsmanship comments.

Just really look at Plymouth and the Plymouth Speedway team truthfully ... both are positive.

The 2 matches with Kent and Berwick have been great. Great racing, good atmosphere and good attendances (Covid19 allowed).

Guests. Yes    ...  Atkins would have been a great asset this season. Sadly, he has to miss the full season because of a shoulder problem. Many broken ribs for  Crump. He'll be back in a few weeks.

Goret and Ruml,  are new to UK and have had been poor starters so far. Cook is starting to look good. Ruml will be a very rider with a few more matches. 

Plymouth Gladiators Promoter, Management (now has May) have been through the pains and finances and, now, this club, team and supporters now have a fine speedway club to enjoy and deserve. 

Yes, Plymouth won't be the Championship titles but wait until the next season.

In the meantime, enjoy  UK holidays in Devon. Watch to Tuesday evenings at Plymouth Coliseum  and enjoy the evening's racing, nice people, atmosphere and Pedersen, Crump etc etc

If you would like to discuss everything, a nice chat in a beer at Plymouth, please let me know. Maybe some of the poor comments here might understand things more truthful/correct. 

Enjoy your speedway   ..whether at Plymouth, Poole, Berwick, Glasgow, Edinburgh etc etc

ps Wolves are now looking at close down if things do not improve. So    ....   speedway supporters help everyone.

I've been to Plymouth frequently when on holiday or for decent matches in past 5 years and have actually looked back on BSF to remind myself how far the Club has come under Mark Phillips.

He has done an incredible job and deserves great credit.

Back as recently as the summer of 2019 he was getting massive stick over the Track Preparation and the Clubs communication and things seemed to be on a downward curve.

The difference between then and now is incredible  and shows what can be done with hard work and perseverence. The new Stand and other Stadium improvements and indication of using the facility for other Events all a benchmark for others to follow.

Well done Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2