British Speedway Forum
Yearbyred

Redcar v Glasgow 13th June

The form team of the league arrive at MPA today on the back of their convincing win over the Bears on Friday at home.

A very solid team and boosted by Drew Kemp replacing Jack Smith which definitely makes them stronger in my opinion. The Tigers top 6 have all ridden Redcar well in the past and will be confident of a win.

Bears third meeting in three days (fourth in four for half of the team) and that might take its toll on men and machinery. Hopefully boosted by the away win at Berwick last night but will need all of the Bears to ride well if they are to get anything from this meeting.

Hottest day of the year and an afternoon start, let’s hope the track is as well prepared as the Brummies match and it should be a cracker.

12 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

The form team of the league arrive at MPA today on the back of their convincing win over the Bears on Friday at home.

A very solid team and boosted by Drew Kemp replacing Jack Smith which definitely makes them stronger in my opinion. The Tigers top 6 have all ridden Redcar well in the past and will be confident of a win.

Bears third meeting in three days (fourth in four for half of the team) and that might take its toll on men and machinery. Hopefully boosted by the away win at Berwick last night but will need all of the Bears to ride well if they are to get anything from this meeting.

Hottest day of the year and an afternoon start, let’s hope the track is as well prepared as the Brummies match and it should be a cracker.

Kemp is self isolating so I heard.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Kemp is self isolating so I heard.

Missed that (was following updates on another meeting)

Plan B?

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Missed that (was following updates on another meeting)

Plan B?

Has all the makings off a cracker today , you have won a watch with young Jenkins on fire at Berwick last night.

No updates on who is guesting for the guest yet.

Just now, Gazc said:

Has all the makings off a cracker today , you have won a watch with young Jenkins on fire at Berwick last night.

No updates on who is guesting for the guest yet.

No guesses on who is guest guesting?

Leon Flint in for Kemp who was in for Smith.

Leon Flint it is then.

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Leon Flint in for Kemp who was in for Smith.

Leon Flint it is then.

Well that’s a sledgehammer to a peanut. We had Flint guesting to replace one of our top 5 and he was excellent. 

Things definitely going the Tigers way this year and this boosts an already strong team. Most teams struggle when they lose a rider, Tigers seem to have been boosted.

When things are going for you, they’re really going for you. You should be looking for 4 points with that team today.

(Anyone know what Flint is averaging this season?)

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Smith would have been keen to do well at his old club. Kemp rides Redcar really well but Flint rides it even better, can now only see a Tigers win.

Bears are yet to get the best out of all 7 , now 6, riders , Wright is now back on song but MPT isn’t yet on top of his game. Think it’s a possible 4 pointer for the Tigers but just looking forward to seeing good racing, just hope I can get in the car park this time !

Edited by Ringitsneck

Tiger's guest will tip this their way imo. Guests for reserves doesn't sit with me but fair play, its in the rules

13 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well that’s a sledgehammer to a peanut. We had Flint guesting to replace one of our top 5 and he was excellent. 

Things definitely going the Tigers way this year and this boosts an already strong team. Most teams struggle when they lose a rider, Tigers seem to have been boosted.

When things are going for you, they’re really going for you. You should be looking for 4 points with that team today.

(Anyone know what Flint is averaging this season?)

Sam at reserve with Flint is potent.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Sam at reserve with Flint is potent.

Yup, two form reserves in the League. Flint won Heat 1 when he guested for us beating Wright and Chris Harris and has been in double figures most meetings this season.

Jack is a decent enough rider but I think we all know that all 3* riders are not the same. 

A difficult match made much harder.

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Yup, two form reserves in the League. Flint won Heat 1 when he guested for us beating Wright and Chris Harris and has been in double figures most meetings this season.

Jack is a decent enough rider but I think we all know that all 3* riders are not the same. 

A difficult match made much harder.

Don’t know what Flint is averaging but Sam is just over a 9 point average from 5 meetings this season

The whole guests thing is spoiling the sport , Edinburgh did the same when they were here , I suppose we would as well but guests for anyone apart from no 1 does not sit right Imo

11 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Tiger's guest will tip this their way imo. Guests for reserves doesn't sit with me but fair play, its in the rules

You can't get r/r for a reserve so they have no choice. Remains to be seen what Leon will do but 3 or 4 race wins would be fine.