British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

I think you'll find Sam Masters' (and maybe Craig Cook's - I can't remember)  contracts are owned by Edinburgh and therefore they are only doubling up in the Prem.

Loan fees are paid accordingly.

Essentially though doubling up and down doesn't really exist any more.....if you take Holder, Bewley and Kurtz and the Rising Stars out of the equation then the Premiership is full of riders in their comfort zone one way or the other earning two incomes in the UK because we cant enough people to ride here. The PL is too weak and the CL too strong meaning we have the mess we are currently in, and I suspect if doubling up/down was scrapped there would be uproar. The riders duch as Daniel has named should never be riding second division over here and their doing so has pushed the admission costs up to daft levels. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

I think you'll find Sam Masters' (and maybe Craig Cook's - I can't remember)  contracts are owned by Edinburgh and therefore they are only doubling up in the Prem.

Loan fees are paid accordingly.

I doesn't matter who owns who. We're talking about rider standards, none of the rider's listed are Championship standard, they're all higher level choosing to double down. 

Poole own a wealth of rider's, doesn't make them all Championship standard because they're in that league

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolute nonsense. Cook has been a regular top league heat leader since 2011.

Sam Masters same since 2016.

This issue has been that they've been allowed to continue in the 2nd tier, they've not push themselves fully abroad. 

Some of the below are on the Helter-Skelter I accept that but they're still better than the standards that should be allowed in the Champs

All the below are 'Doubling Down', not 'Doubling Up' 

Hans Andersen

Troy Batchelor

Craig Cook

Jason Crump

Adam Ellis

Chris Harris

Sam Masters

Scott Nicholls

Bjarne Pedersen

Rory Schlein

craic cook is owned by Glasgow ( i think ) so craig is doubling up or have edinburgh/belle vue/ lynn still hold his contract .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, jenga said:

craic cook is owned by Glasgow ( i think ) so craig is doubling up or have edinburgh/belle vue/ lynn still hold his contract .

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolute nonsense. Cook has been a regular top league heat leader since 2011.

Sam Masters same since 2016.

This issue has been that they've been allowed to continue in the 2nd tier, they've not push themselves fully abroad. 

Some of the below are on the Helter-Skelter I accept that but they're still better than the standards that should be allowed in the Champs

All the below are 'Doubling Down', not 'Doubling Up' 

Hans Andersen

Troy Batchelor

Craig Cook

Jason Crump

Adam Ellis

Chris Harris

Sam Masters

Scott Nicholls

Bjarne Pedersen

Rory Schlein

You can add to that list:

Steve Worrall

Ritchie Worrall

Danny King

Richard Lawson

Lewis Kerr

Nick Morris

Kyle Howarth

Ulrich Ostergaard

Michael Palm Toft

Jake Allen

Charles Wright

3 hours ago, iainb said:

You can add to that list:

Steve Worrall

Ritchie Worrall

Danny King

Richard Lawson

Lewis Kerr

Nick Morris

Kyle Howarth

Ulrich Ostergaard

Michael Palm Toft

Jake Allen

Charles Wright

Maybe King but the rest are Championship standard. They should be the heatleaders at that level

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Maybe King but the rest are Championship standard. They should be the heatleaders at that level

Who do you fill the top league 2nd strings with then? The only way out of the mess they've got themselves in is to reduce team sizes and fast track the kids

Edited by iainb

I think there was a decent chance both would have ridden. I certainly think Lambert would have. But when you’re invited previously and turn it down, then eventually the invites stop, although I fully support both of them for stepping away from the British Final.  Mobdro