British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

53 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

That’s speedway for you. You can never plan in advance 

How true.But you would expect when the fixture list is published that's it,apart re-arranged rain offs.

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

That’s speedway for you. You can never plan in advance 

There are tens of thousands that plan in advance with speedway - its just they are the ones that now plan not to go again......

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There are tens of thousands that plan in advance with speedway - its just they are the ones that now plan not to go again......

This one has got me.I work Thursday evenings but i planned cover for the season which then basically costs me £100 a meeting.We had a meeting originally on the 9th so i got cover.Then for some unknown reason we had a meeting at Sheffield on the 9th and not at home.So i asked the person they don't have to do that one if they don't want as we now haven't a meeting.I will feel embarrassed now to ask them if they want to do that Thursday afterall.

To say that the Sheffield track is unavailable now is just an excuse imo.

I had a similar thing several years ago when Lynn were at Newport.Booked a hotel to stay the down that way the night,only to learn from a rider that the meeting isn't going ahead on that date now.I had some discussions with the oh so white Jon Chapman back then as to why it is still in the fixture list and on the BSPA site.He couldn't help but fill me with some bare faced lies,he didn't know i knew one of the riders well and had already told me when it was called off.

Little things like this doesn't help the sport at all.It needs to be honest and transparent,but then i think this has gone on since speedway began tbh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Don’t know about tens of thousands but I’m flexible where as some of my mates can’t be   I think when you’ve been going to speedway for donkeys years nothing surprises you. I’ve come to expect the unexpected now so it doesn’t surprise me any more even tho it’s a pain. I think the riders let the public down on our last visit but I’m not a rider so what do I know. It’s easier to follow football as fixtures hardly ever change and I know next month I will be back in Ipswich as scheduled back in June when the fixtures came out 

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

This one has got me.I work Thursday evenings but i planned cover for the season which then basically costs me £100 a meeting.We had a meeting originally on the 9th so i got cover.Then for some unknown reason we had a meeting at Sheffield on the 9th and not at home.So i asked the person they don't have to do that one if they don't want as we now haven't a meeting.I will feel embarrassed now to ask them if they want to do that Thursday afterall.

To say that the Sheffield track is unavailable now is just an excuse imo.

I had a similar thing several years ago when Lynn were at Newport.Booked a hotel to stay the down that way the night,only to learn from a rider that the meeting isn't going ahead on that date now.I had some discussions with the oh so white Jon Chapman back then as to why it is still in the fixture list and on the BSPA site.He couldn't help but fill me with some bare faced lies,he didn't know i knew one of the riders well and had already told me when it was called off.

Little things like this doesn't help the sport at all.It needs to be honest and transparent,but then i think this has gone on since speedway began tbh

I can’t see why the stadium is not available to be honest. We have dogs speedway and stock cars  !!! Thursday night for speedway !!!!  It would be more appreciated if they said why it’s not available instead of the statement of unavailable!!!! It takes the pee to be honest and treats fans badly. Just be honest and say we’ve switched the fixture and for what reason. Can’t be that difficult can it ????? It’s totally disrespectful to the fans and they wonder why crowds are down !! Just be honest it’s not that hard ???? 

• Like 1

I seem to recall that a few years ago, a match at Sheffield was re scheduled, due indirectly, to some horse racing meeting somewhere. Anyone remember this.

Surely there must be something in the rental agreement about when speedway can/ can't have access to the stadium. Have heard Sheffield management praising the stadium owner's on previous occasions.

Can't be too many opportunities to stage the match, before play offs, cut off date.