British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton Monday 23rd August

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Likely to still be Hans 0.37 between him and Harris who's next in the averages

Hans at reserve at Ipswich and Wolves in September would be better than Harris 

33 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Looked iffy at one  point but pulled through in the end , Pedersen had a bad one so did Masters , Palin seems to need a good ride in ht2 to set him up for the rest of the meeting  , whose next to go to reserve in september 

Likely to still be Hans 0.37 between him and Harris 

Morris whining about Hans in Heat 15 slowing the race down and locking up the bike.

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Likely to still be Hans 0.37 between him and Harris 

Morris whining about Hans in Heat 15 slowing the race down and locking up the bike.

My heart bleeds 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

Wouldn't shock me if Peterborough pick Wolves. 

And potentially face Belle Vue in the final? I think Rob Lyon is far too wise to go down that route. If (and it's still a big if) Peterborough finish top I would expect them, as mentioned earlier, to take Sheffield and hope Wolves remove the Aces.

3 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

And potentially face Belle Vue in the final? I think Rob Lyon is far too wise to go down that route. If (and it's still a big if) Peterborough finish top I would expect them, as mentioned earlier, to take Sheffield and hope Wolves remove the Aces.

Think it will come down to who’s at reserve andersen at reserve I’d pick wolves… harris at reserve I’d pick belle vue or Sheffield 

What a cracking match, the racing was top draw, both teams deserve credit for a hard fought match but Panthers produced the goods when it mattered

I doubt Wolves will pick Panthers in the semis if they finish top. It will be an interesting end to the season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Think it will come down to who’s at reserve andersen at reserve I’d pick wolves… harris at reserve I’d pick belle vue or Sheffield 

Fair point well made. But I'd be astonished (some horrible spate of injuries aside) if Peterborough pick Belle Vue, should the choice fall to them.

5 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Should be a good meeting. Providing that Danny rides well then Iwill go for a 49-41 win for the Panthers.

Not a bad guess. Another good meeting in front of a large crowd. Thought heat 15 was excellent team riding from Hans to block Morris and allow Bomber to go round the outside. It was important to stop Wolves getting a point tonight if we are to go on and top the league. Well done Panthers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Not a bad guess. Another good meeting in front of a large crowd. Thought heat 15 was excellent team riding from Hans to block Morris and allow Bomber to go round the outside. It was important to stop Wolves getting a point tonight if we are to go on and top the league. Well done Panthers.

Team riding : Some of the present riders just dont know the meaning of this , Flappy was saying Morris was whinging about Hans and yet they ride in the same Leicester team 

If every track in the country was as good as Peterborough then speedway wouldn't be in the mess its in now and crowds would increase ten fold. Always produces excellent racing on a track with no home advantage. Tonight was no exception with so many racing lines. Riders must be in dream land! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Nicked from updates 

Interesting comments from Buster over the Mike.

In a nutshell: I meant everything I said but both clubs will continue. Everyone at Peterborough is wonderful, wish I could say the same about King's Lynn!

I’m sure if the teams were switched and the Panthers were where Lynn are it might be different Buster:unsure:

7 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

A very enjoyable meeting and nice to see a good turnout tonight.

Where are eurosport when u need them :t:

• Like 1

Plus lengthy queues to get in, panthers by speedway standards are thriving

Not for the first time at Peterborough this season  Wolves heat leaders cost them at least a point. Second strings and reserves did their job but were let down by the

senior riders. Tactical blunder by Adams not putting Douglas in Heat 14, yes I know Flint had done really well winning his third ride but the pressure was on. Anderson was in for 

Palin, Douglas more likely to score points against Nicholls and Anderson. 

Morris poor in Heat 15 to let the lead slip with a lap and a half to go. Just when you needed your heat leader to do his job.