British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

if the last 2 riders are batch and riss then if i was a ipswich fan id be happy, both them riders will put at the very least 1 point on there starting average, add to that a proper no1 in doyle and a very reliable king, its a good team, not forgetting a fit rowe as RS

BUT

If 1 of the 2 is buzz then could be a different story

Surely you need to build to the points limit. I would be surprised if they were the last two as the team would be well short of the points limit

19 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

if the last 2 riders are batch and riss then if i was a ipswich fan id be happy, both them riders will put at the very least 1 point on there starting average, add to that a proper no1 in doyle and a very reliable king, its a good team, not forgetting a fit rowe as RS

BUT

They could you’re right, they’re both good signings because of the average they’ll be coming in on. Those two aren’t the issue. 

But then why sign either Starke or Heeps with just under 2 points still to play with? They’ve effectively put Hawkins’ best mate back in at the expense of Craig Cook. 

Yes, I know Cook isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and there are fans who dislike the bloke, but if you’re building a side to win stuff, who in their right mind would choose Cameron Heeps over Craig Cook?

I don’t have a big issue with Heeps either, I know some don’t want him, but he’s another that will increase his starting average (IMO). But then why sign Paul Starke? Nothing against the fella either, but if you’re finding a spot for Heeps then at least use the points available and find a 6 pointer instead of Starke and get Heeps down at reserve!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They could you’re right, they’re both good signings because of the average they’ll be coming in on. Those two aren’t the issue. 

But then why sign either Starke or Heeps with just under 2 points still to play with? They’ve effectively put Hawkins’ best mate back in at the expense of Craig Cook. 

Yes, I know Cook isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and there are fans who dislike the bloke, but if you’re building a side to win stuff, who in their right mind would choose Cameron Heeps over Craig Cook?

I don’t have a big issue with Heeps either, I know some don’t want him, but he’s another that will increase his starting average (IMO). But then why sign Paul Starke? Nothing against the fella either, but if you’re finding a spot for Heeps then at least use the points available and find a 6 pointer instead of Starke and get Heeps down at reserve!

Pretty much my point, with the points available one of the riders has to be Craig Cook. 

King was a certainty,Heeps I suppose I was just hoping he may of been left out,but I don't have a problem.

Could the last 2 be Riss and Cook,or is that over.

I just pray it's not Batchelor,is Steve Worrall in anywhere yet??

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah. I agree. Heeps is your issue because as u say you could have got cook for heeps. That's a no brainer 

25 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

King was a certainty,Heeps I suppose I was just hoping he may of been left out,but I don't have a problem.

Could the last 2 be Riss and Cook,or is that over.

I just pray it's not Batchelor,is Steve Worrall in anywhere yet??

Wolves apparently.

Crazy if Ipswich go with Batch and Riss and end up nearly 2 points under the limit!

Thanks on Worrall,

Holder Rumours still surfacing this morning,but nobody seems to see that happening,so I take it we are looking at 2 from 3 Riss,Batchelor and Cook.

Riss and Cook for me all day long,but we are talking Louis and Hawkins here.....

You have to remember Batchelor started the season on 8.82. You’d have to be completely bonkers not to want him in your side on 5 and a half whether you like him or not. 

That 8.82 was riding with Doyle as well, so hopefully having his mate back in the pits will help him push that average back upwards. Even if he doesn’t hit those heights again, there’s a point increase there at the absolute minimum. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You have to remember Batchelor started the season on 8.82. You’d have to be completely bonkers not to want him in your side on 5 and a half whether you like him or not. 

That 8.82 was riding with Doyle as well, so hopefully having his mate back in the pits will help him push that average back upwards. Even if he doesn’t hit those heights again, there’s a point increase there at the absolute minimum. 

Another thing fans have to remember is this.

Riding once a week after being off the bike for a lengthy period is going to leave you rusty and it wouldn't take much to drag the confidence down as well.

• Like 1

Just now, KingoftheTrack said:

Another thing fans have to remember is this.

Riding once a week after being off the bike for a lengthy period is going to leave you rusty and it wouldn't take much to drag the confidence down as well.

There was a few like that. Everyone is different and handles things in different ways. We know Cook was another that really struggled getting back in to it after the year off. Could have had a factor in plenty of others who had poor seasons as well

• Like 1

Ipswich have withdrawn the proposed offer to Buczkowski.

Confirmed by the rider himself on Sportowefakty.

This is set to change in 2022.

Yes, now I have signed a contract in the Swedish league, where I have guaranteed matches. I hope to go there in most meetings and that will be a significant difference. At one point there was also an offer from the English league, so far it has not been possible to finalize it. I have one more league to choose from and I will be riding more. The training itself is different, you can check something, but building the form in speedway sport through training is not justified.

You can also partner Batch with Doyle at 1 & 2

I think with Heeps & Starke both in the side really you have two riders there that need to be in that reserve berth all season, which was the witches issue last season they had 3 riders that really needed to be in the reserve berth last season, Starke done well there but even heeps with his injury managed to end up with a higher average, so for me if it was a choice I would have heeps at 6 alongside Rowe and change Starke.

I understand people want Craig in the side but maybe he isn't an option anyway as he is tied up elsewhere, but really if it was a possibility you would want Doyle, Batchelor, Cook, Riss, King, Heeps, Rowe,  that has so much potential although slightly risky perhaps, 5 heat leaders really and the best rising star

If things are changing by the hour as some people seem to think, then if its possible to do Batch/Cook/Riss then just let Starke go now but thats not the Ipswich way