British Speedway Forum

54 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

What IS going on Phil ? Tbh the situation is a bit of a shambles.

He messed up. And now it's hard to get someone in. 

Simple as that really 

36 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Why would any belle vue fans be smarting, were not Poole fans, 

Because you would have expected a Belle Vue rider to win, surely Fricke should beat Toft, don't know why you would mention Poole fans!!

8 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I'm pretty sure the last rider will be allen on a temp contract till he can sort something 

fricke allen wright etheridge kurtz brennen blodorn … wouldn’t be a bad side looking at the others

Jake allen confirmed on a 4 week temp contract while we look for a heat leader 

My guess is he's found that 3rd heat leader but due to the lateness of the deal he's paying over the odds for him so they are going to use the cheaper allen for the cup matches and then bring in the née riders for the league campaign. 

And he will replace whoever was the worst between jye and allen

11 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

My guess is he's found that 3rd heat leader but due to the lateness of the deal he's paying over the odds for him so they are going to use the cheaper allen for the cup matches and then bring in the née riders for the league campaign. 

Oh bugger, I was going to turn up in my  kevlars monday, Jake has beaten me to it!! 

Edited by foreverblue

9 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

If they were prepared to pay Woffy for the home matches, and Dan for both home and away, I would presume they can afford it...

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

If they were prepared to pay Woffy for the home matches, and Dan for both home and away, I would presume they can afford it...

I expect they thought it would be unlikely to turn over the best team in the league over two legs so get a cheaper option for the cup and gives them longer to consider their options going forward. Jake is a good rider and very capable of putting a point on his current average so it could be Etheridge that is replaced later in the season,not sure if it is good for the team to have riders competing against each other though. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I expect they thought it would be unlikely to turn over the best team in the league over two legs so get a cheaper option for the cup and gives them longer to consider their options going forward. Jake is a good rider and very capable of putting a point on his current average so it could be Etheridge that is replaced later in the season,not sure if it is good for the team to have riders competing against each other though. 

At least they reached the last six of the cup....:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Could averages come into play when changes are to happen again.This could scupper things,if things take longer than expected.

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

They are a high calibre of rider. 

Would you pay, say tungate the same money as you would pay tai or Dan???

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Could averages come into play when changes are to happen again.This could scupper things,if things take longer than expected.

Averages don't count in cup matches I think 

Edited by PhilTheAce

12 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

And even if they did you could change the team just before they came in to effect, even Lemon could work that one out. 

14 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Fair enough.

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Because you would have expected a Belle Vue rider to win, surely Fricke should beat Toft, don't know why you would mention Poole fans!!

Give over mate you were trying to insuate that we would be bitter because we lost the league to Peterborough, hence you said " a Panthers rider".  For the record MPT has always been good value around the NSS.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

They are a high calibre of rider. 

Would you pay, say tungate the same money as you would pay tai or Dan???

Supply and Demand.... 

Amazing how much your value  an increase when you are the only alternative...:D

• Like 1