British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

NOT a surprise really, the big surprise it took so long. BV has been badly managed by these to clowns. Smith knew nothing about speedway and judging by the losses at bv next to nothing about business. Lemon who’s clueless about business and by bv results and team management knows very little about running a speedway team. At the bottom line you have to look at the owners off bv for making very poor appointments in a sport and business the know nothing about. Clearly they thought they could make a quick profit and how wrong have they been. Lemon in charge is yet another serious desperate blunder. Where this will take bv is anybody guess but the future looks very uncertain.

He wasn’t there to run the ‘ speedway ‘, he was there to run the business side of the club, which he did extremely well, Lemo is the speedway side. Considering the obstacles in their way and the fact they are still running, they appear to have done ok so far and as some one who has had dealings with Adrian, he is a top class businessman .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Current UK inflation rate is 5.4% and forecast to rise further Pensions will rise by 3.1% in April so how is that rising by inflation ?.

That is roughly 3.1% more than my wages have gone up in the past 5 years!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

He wasn’t there to run the ‘ speedway ‘, he was there to run the business side of the club, which he did extremely well, Lemo is the speedway side. Considering the obstacles in their way and the fact they are still running, they appear to have done ok so far and as some one who has had dealings with Adrian, he is a top class businessman .

I also had ‘dealings’ with Smith and found him to be arrogant and frankly clueless! How you can say he’s a top class businessman with club losses and debts running at many many hundreds of thousands of pounds and the club going backwards over the past 5 years. Sadly for BV Lemon is not fit to run the club as he has proved with his poor team management. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I also had ‘dealings’ with Smith and found him to be arrogant and frankly clueless! How you can say he’s a top class businessman with club losses and debts running at many many hundreds of thousands of pounds and the club going backwards over the past 5 years. Sadly for BV Lemon is not fit to run the club as he has proved with his poor team management. 

Your opinion, not mine.

As for the club going backwards for the last 5 years, where was it before then ?

21 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Worst post I've ever read on here, total nonsense.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Your opinion, not mine.

As for the club going backwards for the last 5 years, where was it before then ?

We have the best track and stadium in the UK and what has improved at the club over the past 5 years is very little. Crowds have not increased, no significant sponsors on board. Catering at the stadium is a joke. BV have given up running the stadium now, we are back to square one and deep in debt…and now we have a third rate speedway rider in charge…what could possibly go wrong..!!! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Speedtiger said:

We have the best track and stadium in the UK and what has improved at the club over the past 5 years is very little. Crowds have not increased, no significant sponsors on board. Catering at the stadium is a joke. BV have given up running the stadium now, we are back to square one and deep in debt…and now we have a third rate speedway rider in charge…what could possibly go wrong..!!! 

You appear to have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Perhaps you should learn about the stadium set up and who runs what before you make uneducated , sweeping statements .

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You appear to have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Perhaps you should learn about the stadium set up and who runs what before you make uneducated , sweeping statements .

Well ok so go on explain away the set up and where I’m wrong? 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Your opinion, not mine.

The whole sport has gone not only backwards over the past 5 years but actually into free fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

What a pathetic post that is, did you ever see Mark Lemon ride? Where did you get third rate from?

• Like 2

Yes many many times and that’s why I gave him the appropriate rating! I also give the same rating as a manager :)

Edited by Speedtiger

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Mark was a good rider, not that it has anything to do with someones's ability to run a speedway club

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/manchester/belle-vue-sports-village/facilities

It appears that if you want to book the sports pitches , or the hospitality areas , you have to book via Better Leisure.

That would tend to suggest that Belle Vue speedway does not control the stadium other than on its own event days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/manchester/belle-vue-sports-village/facilities

It appears that if you want to book the sports pitches , or the hospitality areas , you have to book via Better Leisure.

That would tend to suggest that Belle Vue speedway does not control the stadium other than on its own event days

The rent/(mortgage) was quoted as £5k a week I think at the outset..

The intention being to use the facility as a money earner seven days a week..

If memory serves, they were paying over £3k a match at the old place so from a business perspective it did make sense..

Maybe now the Aces just rent the facilty like everyone else does on matchdays only?