British Speedway Forum

I will support the Aces and Colts but no other Premiership promoter will be getting a penny from me, the Championship will suffice for my away days, i would have dropped down a long time ago tbh, not done Poole any harm has it?

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

So 3 clubs stopped Dan Bewley from riding for belle Vue aswell as 2 other leagues this season. 

Don’t understand that one at all.  If his average fits, he is willing to commit and available - what is the problem?  There is no rule in the rule book to prevent this - except the same old problem from promoters - self interest and not seeing the bigger picture!!

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Very harsh decision but it's the correct one as Belle Vue would be gaining an unfair advantage over the other 5 clubs tbh.

Sorry I completely disagree with you - what advantage has been gained?

3 hours ago, SpeedyOne said:

So the cat is out of the bag?

Back at the end of December, the Polish league removed the restriction that riders racing in Poland's top league could only race in one other league... Of course by then 5 of the Premiership teams had already signed a full team.... but Belle Vue hadn't...   So now Bewley was free to ride in Britain, (as well as Poland and Sweden) and he did a deal with BV.   The BV team was legal and within the points limit... but it looked rather strong...and certain other clubs didn't like this....so despite the BV team being legal and within the rules it went to a BSPL vote.... and 3 clubs voted to block it....  So it seems 3 short-sighted promoters have cost the sport the chance to see Bewley this year.

Can you link to somewhere that shows officially that Poland removed this restriction? 

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s most of the story but it missed one vital element: the Poles agreed to drop the two team maximum rule ONLY if other leagues allowed them (a) to run any night they wished and (b) that their league had priority over riders at all times. 
This then could adversely affect every Premiership meeting with riders being missing. I’m surprised any team sided with BV on this. Unless there’s one that isn’t using riders also signed up in Poland, but I can’t think of any

Conveniently not included in the posts bemoaning the decision

No way could or should these terms be accepted

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Conveniently not included in the posts bemoaning the decision

No way could or should these terms be accepted

Indeed, everyone blowing their tops seem to have missed it.

IF its true then absolutely right that it was blocked! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

No ****ING wonder our great sport is dying. Pathetic bunch of clowns.

So you wouldn't mind rearranged Polish league matches meaning that he misses half a dozen matches at short notice, 

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would it be unfair? The team is within the points limit. Other Premiership teams had the same opportunity and the Poles run on whatever night they want anyway!

Because other teams had 1-7's signed before the Poles relaxed on the two league rule. 

Bewley could not have signed for Belle Vue because despite what one poster claimed a few hours ago, the rules in Poland have not changed.

He could only come to Belle Vue if he gave up Sweden or Poland. 

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Sorry I completely disagree with you - what advantage has been gained?

Because Belle Vue would've had a bigger pool of better quality riders to choose from compared to the other 5 teams who completed their 1-7's before the Polish rule change. 

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

They were within the points limit so what's the problem. 

The other 5 teams wouldn't have been given the same chance to build a stronger 1-7 containing a better quality of riders due to the two league rule which was in place at the time.

15 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So you wouldn't mind rearranged Polish league matches meaning that he misses half a dozen matches at short notice, 

Or just extra practice arranged at short notice so not just matches

• Like 1

I don't understand this nonsense that three teams prevented the move. The move couldn't happen, because Bewley already is signed to race in Poland and Sweden. Poland has not changed any rules, so it was never going to happen. 

11 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I don't understand this nonsense that three teams prevented the move. The move couldn't happen, because Bewley already is signed to race in Poland and Sweden. Poland has not changed any rules, so it was never going to happen. 

Belle Vue held talks with alot of people about it. Including the FIM and PZM. 

At one point they were 95% sure of it happening. But something as stopped it. We will never know the truth. 

And whatever happened I can bet its why Adrian left so suddenly