British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

What does being an asset actually mean? For example does it give Berwick any say in where Etheridge rides and does it last for as long as he rides or is sold on?

Presumably Berwick would receive a fee from Leicester in much the same way as football clubs when players are loaned out?

11 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

What does being an asset actually mean? For example does it give Berwick any say in where Etheridge rides and does it last for as long as he rides or is sold on?

Presumably Berwick would receive a fee from Leicester in much the same way as football clubs when players are loaned out?

Probably a loan .Not many buy riders from other Clubs these days.

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Asset does not really count for much nowadays, maybe a change after 4 years with us would benefit him.

At the same time though picked up a lot of unlucky injuries we all know he is a very capable rider an injury-free season would boost his average.

The mission is to find another Perks and/or Douglas. But some additional experience would be very good, too. 

• Like 2

Whilst I’m a big fan of Howarth and love his attitude, I think we need someone of Worrall’s stature for the other heat leader berth to give us the clout for the all important heats 13 & 15. For someone like that though, a rider with an average below 5.00 would be required for the final team position. Three strong heat leaders would be my approach, allowing for other team members sharing good and not so good meetings to provide the important additional points. This was the Poole model that won the league this year. I’m pretty sure that the Peterborough team structure that won the Premiership is likely to be a one off in terms of success.

9 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Whilst I’m a big fan of Howarth and love his attitude, I think we need someone of Worrall’s stature for the other heat leader berth to give us the clout for the all important heats 13 & 15. For someone like that though, a rider with an average below 5.00 would be required for the final team position. Three strong heat leaders would be my approach, allowing for other team members sharing good and not so good meetings to provide the important additional points. This was the Poole model that won the league this year. I’m pretty sure that the Peterborough team structure that won the Premiership is likely to be a one off in terms of success.

Workingtons treble winning team in 2018 had the same structure as Peterborough this year

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

Workingtons treble winning team in 2018 had the same structure as Peterborough this year

Glasgow 2011 wasn't a dissimilar make up either

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Poole won the league with a strong top 3, Glasgow finished 2nd with a strong top 1+1/2 (2 with Ostergaard, 1 when he was injured), Leicester finished 3rd with a strong top 4, Edinburgh finished 5th with a strong top 3!

Heat leaders alone don't win leagues, Poole had points from reserve to!

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

As did Hull in 2004

Richie & 4.37 available

Steve & 3.08 available

Which Worrall are people suggesting?

Leicester  
Nick Morris 8.61
Richie Worrall 7.76
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Total 42.00
Leicester  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Nick Morris 8.61
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Total 42.00

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Richie & 4.37 available

Steve & 3.08 available

Leicester  
Nick Morris 8.61
Richie Worrall 7.76
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Total 42.00
Leicester  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Nick Morris 8.61
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Total 42.00

God that's a tough choice. Like them both. Steve Worral went on this run of being unbeaten in something like 10+ races at Leicester. Whilst Richie won the league with us . Tough call.

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Richie & 4.37 available

Steve & 3.08 available

Leicester  
Nick Morris 8.61
Richie Worrall 7.76
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Total 42.00
Leicester  
Steve Worrall 9.05
Nick Morris 8.61
Kyle Howarth 7.52
Connor Mountain 5.06
Dan Thompson 5.03
Joe Thompson 3.65
Total 42.00

Having released Kennedy I'd probably say they're looking at neither. I'd think Mr Dickson will be trying to keep the Thompson's at reserve to start the season anyway. Most likely see a 6ish and a 5ish or couple 5.5s IMO

• Haha 2