British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

2 hours ago, ray c said:

i think your one rider short at 2 or 4 .but if anders or connor kick on who knows jmo

Agree. Think if like you said they improve then we will be fine. But if they don't kick on then we're stuck abit. Our team is solely based on potential.

• Like 1

Connor Mountain is the secret weapon in the side.

He rode most of the season at 3 & 5 for Newcastle, Connor will be a second string for Leicester so he's capable of scoring big and upping his average by a point imo.

Leicester & Glasgow both look very good sides to me.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Connor Mountain is the secret weapon in the side.

He rode most of the season at 3 & 5 for Newcastle, Connor will be a second string for Leicester so he's capable of scoring big and upping his average by a point imo.

Leicester & Glasgow both look very good sides to me.

Mountain only rode 3 matches at number 5. But rode plenty at number 3. So as heats 8+14 are usually weaker than heat 12, should score more even before allowing for improvement!

4 hours ago, ray c said:

i think your one rider short at 2 or 4 .but if anders or connor kick on who knows jmo

Tbh they with their top 3, Leicester won't need many points from 2 or 4 to win matches imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Tbh they with their top 3, Leicester won't need many points from 2 or 4 to win matches imo.

It really looked like a potential championship winning side last year and never really jelled as a team and underperformed, need to up their game this year to compete with Glasgow, maybe Oxford and no dought whatever team Poole eventually put out.

Edited by gazzac

Connor Mountain was brilliant for us up at Newcastle and I was gutted when he didn't sign for us. He held his own as a third heatleader when really, he shouldn't have been in that position to start with. I am really jealous that yous have signed him. Connor will easily hold his own at number 4 imo. Or even number 3

1. Nick Morris

2. Dan Thompson

3. Connor Mountain

4. Kyle Howarth

5. Richie Worrall

6. Joe Thompson

7. Anders Rowe

WHAT A TEAM!! Always gonna have one amazing reserve (two tbh if Joe kicks on also) and 3 brilliant heatleaders. I would put Kyle at 4 to strengthen heat 14, so there's a strong end to the meeting. And as I say, Connor should hold his own at number 3 imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Connor Mountain was brilliant for us up at Newcastle and I was gutted when he didn't sign for us. He held his own as a third heatleader when really, he shouldn't have been in that position to start with. I am really jealous that yous have signed him. Connor will easily hold his own at number 4 imo. Or even number 3

1. Nick Morris

2. Dan Thompson

3. Connor Mountain

4. Kyle Howarth

5. Richie Worrall

6. Joe Thompson

7. Anders Rowe

WHAT A TEAM!! Always gonna have one amazing reserve (two tbh if Joe kicks on also) and 3 brilliant heatleaders. I would put Kyle at 4 to strengthen heat 14, so there's a strong end to the meeting. And as I say, Connor should hold his own at number 3 imo

Connor is a Leicester asset!

Initial thoughts were that the middle order is a bit light. On reflection, providing that the heat leaders maintain their averages, we have four young riders who are on their way up and between them I would expect an increase in combined averages of three (may be more) points. On that basis, the Lions should be there or there abouts come September. I really do think that the gaffer has assembled a team of racers and am looking forward to seeing them give it a right go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Connor is a Leicester asset!

I am aware of that. But we had him last season, which is why I'm gutted we didn't resign him. One of the few highlights of the whole season was watching Connor. Brilliant racer :t:

• Like 2

The averages have been released by leciester .

Nick Morris 8.58, Richie Worral 7.93, Kyle Howarth, 7.60, Connor Mountain 5.06, Dan Thomson 4.92 , Anders Rowe 3.69, Joe Thomson 3.55.

Total 41.33

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

It is a team full racers and expecting some poor gating and sublime passing! 

look forward for leicester coming to poole both anders  and connor have been impressive at poole :t:

20 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Nick Morris

2. Dan Thompson

3. Connor Mountain

4. Kyle Howarth

5. Richie Worrall

6. Joe Thompson

7. Anders Rowe

Leicester's reserves certainly have the potential to up their averages, but Rowe certainly didn't score well in the Champ, hence his low average. If he can show how early season Ipswich form, then certainly Leicester will be have a strong reserve.

20 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Nick Morris

2. Dan Thompson

3. Connor Mountain

4. Kyle Howarth

5. Richie Worrall

6. Joe Thompson

7. Anders Rowe

Doesn’t look as good as last seasons .IMO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Doesn’t look as good as last seasons .IMO

That was my thoughts, swapping Douglas for worrall, Andersen for mountain and Rowe for Kennedy. Should be in play off picture but not one of favourites imo