British Speedway Forum
FishersGate

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

Just now, LionsFan said:

Sounds like slavery when riders are classed as assets.

True but don't know their legal status. 

Better as servants? 

On 11/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, TheScotsman said:

True but don't know their legal status. 

Better as servants? 

Riders are self employed “Contracted riders”
”subcontracted” when allowed by  club who rider is “contracted too” to ride for another club. 
In legal terms the “contract” is the “asset”

Edited by 1 valve

On 11/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, Bandits4eva said:

To be fair to Jye, he really was well below what he is capable of this year! He is capable of putting 2 points back on his average when he rides like he can! 

Belle Vue on his mind. IMO

Lions team news next week (to be drip fed over several weeks no doubt).

Reading between the lines, I would imagine that Howard will be retained as he was Dickson’s rider of the season. Whatever the points limit is to be for team building, I can see 2 of the top 4 not returning.

Someone on here will know a lot more and no doubt inform us!

• Like 3

Douglas has signed for a Polish team, so he may, or may not fancy the overnight dash to Poland to ride on Sunday afternoon. Talk of Nick Morris doing likewise also

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

All will be revealed in time need to keep the winter interesting no point in releasing the 7 in one go & then its a long boring winter   . Starting with early next week :t::t:

Plus it’s always good to read some of the rumours that come out right & wrong ones :rofl:

• Like 2

I know that one of the heat leaders is not returning and is currently looking for a new championship club 

31 minutes ago, Lion tamer said:

I know that one of the heat leaders is not returning and is currently looking for a new championship club 

Bet Hans isn't returning. I'd think howarth would be back as he was great for us . Rumour has it Douglas ain't coming and I don't know if Morris will be back

Leicester is my local track so looking forward to Pirates and Lions doing battle again in 2022 no matter who rides for who. 

But thank you and other clubs for over looking Danyon Hume in 2021 as he proved to be a key rider for us in our double winning season :party:

Here's to 2022 :cheers:

• Like 2

Club have just announced on twitter that Andersen, Douglas & Kennedy are not returning for 2022.

4 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Club have just announced on twitter that Andersen, Douglas & Kennedy are not returning for 2022.

Crikey, that's some rebuilding required. 

5 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Surprised Douglas isn't coming bet he's got a good offer somewhere. Think we need stronger reserves for next season. Would love mountain at the club and he's a title winner with us already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Crikey, that's some rebuilding required. 

I'm assuming this means the Thomson twins Morris and howarth are all staying?

• Like 2