British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So what's this 'blue card' scheme all about? They obviously want folk to have one of these or buy online and are trying to steer paying customers towards them. Presumably its possible to sit in the car park at 7pm and buy an online ticket on your phone for the cheapest price? 

I personally would keep online sales open until the meeting starts or maybe an hour before. There might be reasons I’m not party to that make that impractical though. 

7 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Buying early for an away fan is quite a no go though, it could be an iffy forecast on the day and you decide you don’t want to travel up, you might be late home from work and can’t make it in time, there’s so many factors that would put you off ‘buying early’, as well as if it’s called off and you can’t make the rearrangement trying to get your money back would take time and effort. I’d buy in advance but only maybe the night before or the day of the meeting, when the forecast is a bit more locked in and you know if you’ll be able to go for sure, and even then it’s a bit of an inconvenience imo

Then it’ll cost you £2 extra. For Edinburgh it is only really Glasgow, Berwick, Newcastle and at a push Redcar fans who could make a last minute decision on whether to travel. 

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I personally would keep online sales open until the meeting starts or maybe an hour before. There might be reasons I’m not party to that make that impractical though. 

I have bought a ticket online on my phone while in the car park, they are definitely on sale right up to start time. Can get the blue price too.

Edited by SpeedwaySlider72

4 hours ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

I have bought a ticket online on my phone while in the car park, they are definitely on sale right up to start time. Can get the blue price too.

You can get the blue match day price on the day,but it’s different from pre match day  blue price.

On 3/10/2022 at 7:46 PM, Fromafar said:

£20 at the gate on the night,that’s a bit steep IMO.

I'd say its reasonable considering the sharp increase in the cost of living and everything recently. You can get it cheaper using the blue rewards card -->here<-- 

54 minutes ago, daza313 said:

I'd say its reasonable considering the sharp increase in the cost of living and everything recently. You can get it cheaper using the blue rewards card -->here<-- 

Your entitled to your opinion.Like I stated think admission prices should be the same for everyone on the night.Just my opinion though.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Your entitled to your opinion.Like I stated think admission prices should be the same for everyone on the night.Just my opinion though.

Indeed correct.  Everyone has their own view on this issue and it seems a very popular one on this site.  Maybe you could share your own suggestion with Monarchs Management on April 1st - if you care to pop along to the Season 2022 Launch at Deer Park Country Club, Livingston at 7.30 pm.

Prices are £8.00 General Admission   £6.00 Blue Card Holders   £5.00 Gold Card Holders and Children under 16 y.o. Free

4 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Indeed correct.  Everyone has their own view on this issue and it seems a very popular one on this site.  Maybe you could share your own suggestion with Monarchs Management on April 1st - if you care to pop along to the Season 2022 Launch at Deer Park Country Club, Livingston at 7.30 pm.

Prices are £8.00 General Admission   £6.00 Blue Card Holders   £5.00 Gold Card Holders and Children under 16 y.o. Free

:cheers:

On 3/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

Sounds a dodgy date.

Don't know how long Monarchs injured riders are out for, but Wright & Bickley would fit to replace Fredriksen & Sarjeant!

Edinburgh 41.73
Sam Masters 9.41
Josh Pickering 7.53
Kye Thomson 6.17
Paco Castagna 5.84
James Wright 5.06
Jacob Hook 4.00
Kyle Bickley 3.72

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't know how long Monarchs injured riders are out for, but Wright & Bickley would fit to replace Fredriksen & Sarjeant!

Edinburgh 41.73
Sam Masters 9.41
Josh Pickering 7.53
Kye Thomson 6.17
Paco Castagna 5.84
James Wright 5.06
Jacob Hook 4.00
Kyle Bickley 3.72

Would take Wright. Not so sure about Bickley though. 

45 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Monarchs have 7 Championship matches remaining and still have a chance of squeezing into the play-offs.   The kind of injuries that Lasse and James have do take time to heal properly, so returning too soon could be counter-productive both for themselves and the team.   If neither rider declares himself fully match fit by 1st July for the final 6 matches, then maybe the replacement(s) option would be the way to go.  Would have a greater chance of making it into the top 6 with a fully fit squad and hopefully no r/r's.  There do appear to be options available if necessary, but only the management know the latest on Lasse and James injuries situation and are no doubt will be weighing up the pros and cons after this weekends round of Championship matches.  With Lee Complin now a Devil, maybe this Friday would be a good chance to have him also as this week's guest reserve - he did look pretty handy on a very difficult track last week.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:03 PM, szkocjasid said:

Edinburgh 41.73
Sam Masters 9.41
Josh Pickering 7.53
Kye Thomson 6.17
Paco Castagna 5.84
James Wright 5.06
Jacob Hook 4.00
Kyle Bickley 3.72

10 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Couldn't take Wright as a straight swap for Fredriksen, would have to be part of a double change.