andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Wonder if wells tries tonight for the Brummies v Plymouth 

Does anyone really care?

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

5 from 4 rides.

Never rated Ricky Wells... one of the most overrated riders in Britain, so I wasn't that shocked when he scored so badly for us on sunday

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Never rated Ricky Wells... one of the most overrated riders in Britain, so I wasn't that shocked when he scored so badly for us on sunday

In fairness to him he has has some good seasons at Sheffield, Workington and Edinburgh but I was quite relieved that he didn't do a second season at Glasgow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

In fairness to him he has has some good seasons at Sheffield, Workington and Edinburgh but I was quite relieved that he didn't do a second season at Glasgow

He's another who once showed promise to be bigger than he has turned out to be, now he's just a championship journeyman, (Bit like Proctor) I wonder how he makes ends meet, has he got any teams abroad or does he have work in this country? Genuinely curious if people of his level can make a living from speedway.

Today’s feature in the speedway star about Newcastle is solely quotes taken from the BSN coverage from Sunday. 
absolutely no comment from the promotion whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Today’s feature in the speedway star about Newcastle is solely quotes taken from the BSN coverage from Sunday. 

You can't believe owt ye read in the speedway star, apparently? ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

He's another who once showed promise to be bigger than he has turned out to be, now he's just a championship journeyman, (Bit like Proctor) I wonder how he makes ends meet, has he got any teams abroad or does he have work in this country? Genuinely curious if people of his level can make a living from speedway.

I believe he was working for Amazon through Covid. Unsure if he still does.

Edited by Wizzer606

58 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

You can't believe owt ye read in the speedway star, apparently? ;)

You can not believe most things written these days as talk is cheap.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

With no other Championship sides riding last night, I was surprised to see that B'ham booked Wells....

Luckily, Pickering saved the day!

It's a shi#e situation that we find ourselves in, but if there's enough people to support a sh#te situation, then it will continue I guess.

I havent been since the 'Ellis-gate' bullsh#t and I havent missed it!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Wells along with a number of riders at Championship level do just enough for their current clubs to continue in the team while making sure their average is attractive enough to other clubs who are looking for riders for the following season should they find themselves without a club.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

With no other Championship sides riding last night, I was surprised to see that B'ham booked Wells....

Luckily, Pickering saved the day!

It's a shi#e situation that we find ourselves in, but if there's enough people to support a sh#te situation, then it will continue I guess.

I havent been since the 'Ellis-gate' bullsh#t and I havent missed it!

I wasn't that surprised to see that Team USA wannabe manager Lawrence Rogers booked Team USA wannabe rider Ricky Wells. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Are you really surprised?

The way forward apparently is just say nothing about anything at all!

No comment about the performance on Sunday

No comment about progress with team changes

No injury update on Paul or Matty

No thank you to the fans for still paying their money to watch two consecutive home drubbings.

Just stay silent and put out a few adverts for the Poole match and that will suffice. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

"Ricky Wells would be a good shout"..

Those words seem to be some of the oft most used on here pre season when fans are on discussing their potential teams..

And I often wonder to myself.. 

"How? And Why?"....

• Like 2