British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

21 hours ago, Brummie Boy said:

Adam Ellis

Thomas Jorgensen

Danny Gaapmaier/ Josh Bates

I believe that would fit what's left. There's always options out there. As with Ellis, I can't see Jorgensen signed to any team in Denmark. Obviously depends on what cash is available. It was implied the owners would be prepared to put in extra this year, but it would need to be self-financing going forward.

Think we'd be title contenders if we signed your first 3 suggestions ? :D

The weight (pardon the pun) will get heavier on the Boss's shoulders., the longer this saga goes on !

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2022 at 10:06 AM, Brummie Boy said:

Adam Ellis

Thomas Jorgensen

Danny Gaapmaier/ Josh Bates

I believe that would fit what's left. There's always options out there. As with Ellis, I can't see Jorgensen signed to any team in Denmark. Obviously depends on what cash is available. It was implied the owners would be prepared to put in extra this year, but it would need to be self-financing going forward.

Nordjysk

Oooops!

My mistake, I meant, as with Ellis, Jorgensen doesn't appear to have signed for a team in Sweden.

Thanks for picking up on my error. :t:

On 2/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, Fromafar said:

...the Clubs Press that supplies the stories to the Speedway Star.

And some mugs pay money to buy the weekly Compendium of Press Releases, masquerading as a magnificent feat of journalism? :o 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Come on Lawrence when are you announcing the 3 riders to turn us into the genuine title contenders you mentioned almost 2 weeks ago ? can we use 3 guests for the rest of the season, because it looks like thats what we are hoping for at the moment

28 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Come on Lawrence when are you announcing the 3 riders to turn us into the genuine title contenders you mentioned almost 2 weeks ago ? can we use 3 guests for the rest of the season, because it looks like thats what we are hoping for at the moment

You are not allowed to use guests or r-r for non existent riders 

The truth is Rogers is in the poo  

Edited by Brummies_Ste

6 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

You are not allowed to use guests or r-r for non exitment riders.

That's what I think, would not surprise me to see the brummies not make it to tapes, unless the magicians hat comes out soon 

The longer this goes on the more worrying it gets with regards the 3 as yet unsigned riders, I have no idea if Birmingham have a sponsors licence or not because if they havent then the riders available on UK licences are pretty much all signed up, I have no idea what the position is with regards European riders and visas since Brexit if indeed Visas are needed that will then depend on if Birmingham have a sponsors licence or not. 

What I will say is if Birmingham cannot sign riders with the ability to make them competitive then crowds will suffer badly and they will be on a hiding to nothing financially, I have said elsewhere that whilst LR may be good at many things his record as a Team manager above the NL is pretty poor. 

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

I have no idea if Birmingham have a sponsors licence or not...

Nothing in the press releases (no matter how many issues of Speedway Star you scour through) about sponsors of any sort. The new owners made their reliance on increased sponsorship plain for all to hear when they took over. Maybe this is at the heart of the issue.

I don't think for a minute that there would be any ongoing track work happening if they didn't have enough riders to start the season or to not run at all.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

You are not allowed to use guests or r-r for non existent riders 

Yes he's selling his consortium down the pan

Edited by Jimsboy
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Nothing in the press releases (no matter how many issues of Speedway Star you scour through) about sponsors of any sort. The new owners made their reliance on increased sponsorship plain for all to hear when they took over. Maybe this is at the heart of the issue.

UKm I take your point about Sponsors sponsoring the Team, Riders or anything else available to sponsor, and being in the 2nd city I would have thought some sponsorship would be out there to obtain.

However I was referring to the fact that so far as im aware it used to be and probably still is, if anyone wants to employ anyone that requires a visa said employer requires a sponsors Licence and as we are now no longer members of the EU do European riders now need a visa ?, This kind of thing  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1024033/Sponsor-an-International-Sportsperson-10-21.pdf   it can be a bit of a minefield.