British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

But we’re talking about the of weeks with NO fixture.What’s  the point if you can’t fulfil your weekly match.

Berwick Bullets finished their home matches on August 6th 

3 hours ago, Normski said:

Berwick Bullets finished their home matches on August 6th 

It the others I’m on about,the whole fixture list is the usual shambles,rain offs need to be dealt with in a better way than shoving them to the end of season holding up the rest of the league.Riders are running the show.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Forget Premier/Championship ......Needs to be one League.....plus a NDL.

If there's not enough riders ....then revert back to the old system of 2/3 reserve races each meeting, the old 13 Heat formula was far more exciting than the current set up!

On 9/26/2022 at 9:04 AM, GiveusaB said:

Needs to be one League

Containing how many teams?

If there's not enough riders ....then revert back to the old system of 2/3 reserve races each meeting, the old 13 Heat formula was far more exciting than the current set up!

There won't be a change, powers that be are blind to what's happening.

Here is October league/Cup deciding meetings to be run on terrible tracks 

• Like 1

Will never happen. It would prevent riders doubling up. Which means less earning opportunity, why would you ride for one team when you can ride for two. 

Yeah one league with no GP riders and good old second half racing. I remember when the reward for winning the reserve/ junior races in the 2nd half could mean a team place the following week.

Riders missing fixtures to do individual meetings effectively killed British Speedway. Ask Eastbourne or Arena fans.

If the GP is that important to the powers that be time to go full F1 with 22 rounds around the world.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:09 AM, cinderfella said:

Yeah one league with no GP riders and good old second half racing

I ask again...one league with how many teams?

And as for second half racing, yeah, of course. Selling a 1970's product in the 2020's. What could possibly go wrong?  About as likely as football bringing back real leather "caser" balls for the Premier League next year too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2022 at 3:51 PM, uk_martin said:

I ask again...one league with how many teams?

And as for second half racing, yeah, of course. Selling a 1970's product in the 2020's. What could possibly go wrong?  About as likely as football bringing back real leather "caser" balls for the Premier League next year too.

If your asking me 'how many teams', then I couldn't possibly answer that because I don't know...it is just a suggestion.

Failing that, a North/South division with top 2 from each in play offs.

I believe that one of the benefits for Leicester moving up is that they avoid the Northern trips?

I'm not really bothered about how many leagues/divisions/teams....it will take something special for me to get my speedway mojo back!

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

If your asking me 'how many teams', then I couldn't possibly answer that because I don't know...it is just a suggestion.

I believe that one of the benefits for Leicester moving up is that they avoid the Northern trips?

I'm not really bothered about how many leagues/divisions/teams....it will take something special for me to get my speedway mojo back!

Although the most logical north/south split of the current tracks would see Leicester in the Northern League with BV, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Berwick, Redcar, & Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 8:29 AM, arnieg said:

Although the most logical north/south split of the current tracks would see Leicester in the Northern League with BV, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Berwick, Redcar, & Scunthorpe.

Not necessarily?

Glasgow Edinburgh Berwick Redcar Scunthorpe Sheffield Belle Vue Wolverhampton

Leicester Kings Lynn Ipswich Birmingham Oxford Poole Plymouth (Peterborough/Eastbourne ?)

All hypothetical coz it aint going to happen I guess.....

Edited by GiveusaB

On 10/10/2022 at 8:17 AM, GiveusaB said:

The reason I asked was because if you have one big league, you can't have doubling/trebling up/down. It'll be one rider - one team. And as I pointed out before, (HERE) at the time I did my count, there were only 111 (I counted one rider twice) riders registered to all 3 leagues who can pledge priority to British Speedway. That included the likes of Edward Kennett, Josh Auty, Ben Barker, Adam Roynon, Aaron Summers James Wright and Lee Complin, whose continuance is by no means guaranteed into next year. So, in reality, you may only have as few as 104 riders. And that's it. Do the maths, that's only enough for 14 teams, plus a few rattling around in case someone gets injured.

Where do the other riders come from? Poland, Sweden & Denmark, where they give first priority to their own leagues, so that we can have more Claus Vissing type situations?

Will the BSPZzz pull out a classic party trick like allowing teams to be made up of 5 contracted riders and two guests? That might allow the number of teams to be increased to 20 and be no worse off, guest rider wise than most of the Birmngham Brummies fixtures of last season.

Who will the lucky 14 teams be? Who do you leave out of your one big league? And if your one big league is made up of 14 teams, there will be no National League. The speedway toddlers will be in the same teams as the ageing former GP riders. Suck that one up.  And I'd be dying to know where those romantics who talk about bringing speedway back to places like Eastbourne, Bradford, Coventry, Workington etc think they are going to find their riders from.

Not surprised you've lost your speedway mojo. Only surprised at how many still have one at all.

• Like 2