British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Other than 1 suspended rider and those that are injured, and I bet they'd all prefer to be uninjured or not suspended  isn't the only one missing Hans Andersen due to a prior engagement. Maybe there should be a month of no racing so no riders cant get injured too near to the day

Yes, bad time for injuries atm. Most of them out because of that. Though haven't heard why Ryan Douglas not riding? 

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, bad time for injuries atm. Most of them out because of that. Though haven't heard why Ryan Douglas not riding? 

Picked up a shoulder injury in Poland at the weekend, rode at Wolverhampton on Monday and made it worst. That's what I read on british speedway site

• Thanks 1

Bit of a mockery of a competition really, only 3 teams actually at full strength which is a shame for what is normally such a prestigious meeting. Can't have been helped due to injuries etc and well done to Redcar!

• Like 1

First meeting I’ve been to since 2019 and first meeting since my club Somerset closed.

Dreadful waste of money. “Racing” consisted of about three or four decent heats the rest strung out. Thank goodness Wrighty missed the gate a few times. Nicholls and Summers for a home pair were embarrassing. Only beat two reserves from Plymouth. I know there were injuries, but come on , surely the teams could have put on a better show than that.When I think of some of the great Pairs meets we used to have at the OTA, pre Cardiff, it makes you fear for the future of speedway. 

The next day carried onto Cardiff, and another crock of crap. Thank goodness for Dan and a few others. I will certainly not be doing the GP next year along with all the others who didn’t show up. £65 for a seat in the quiet zone and there was two bell ends on the  klaxons the whole meeting, pathetic. 
oh and £7.20 for a hot dog , no thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

First meeting I’ve been to since 2019 and first meeting since my club Somerset closed.

Dreadful waste of money. “Racing” consisted of about three or four decent heats the rest strung out. Thank goodness Wrighty missed the gate a few times. Nicholls and Summers for a home pair were embarrassing. Only beat two reserves from Plymouth. I know there were injuries, but come on , surely the teams could have put on a better show than that.When I think of some of the great Pairs meets we used to have at the OTA, pre Cardiff, it makes you fear for the future of speedway. 

The next day carried onto Cardiff, and another crock of crap. Thank goodness for Dan and a few others. I will certainly not be doing the GP next year along with all the others who didn’t show up. £65 for a seat in the quiet zone and there was two bell ends on the  klaxons the whole meeting, pathetic. 
oh and £7.20 for a hot dog , no thanks.

Whilst I wouldn’t argue with most of your points if you went to a Cardiff GP speedway meeting and booked into a ‘ quiet zone ‘ I’m not sure you attended the right sport.

• Haha 2

Went to the pairs.

Firstly, great to see Oxford back in Speedway.

Only a few good races. Partly due to dilution of field, injuries, Cardiff duty etc.

Edinburgh had no chance when both Sam and Josh ruled out. Many congratulations to Redcar, you can only beat what’s in front of you.

It seems to be set in stone that the pairs now seems to be night before Cardiff GP.

Why? If a stand alone meet, venue could vary from year to year. Hey even have it at the NATIONAL Speedway Stadium.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Whilst I wouldn’t argue with most of your points if you went to a Cardiff GP speedway meeting and booked into a ‘ quiet zone ‘ I’m not sure you attended the right sport.

You miss the point mate it’s always gonna be noisy, but not in the row in front of me. Quiet zone don’t mean “quiet “ it means no klaxons. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, Triple.H. said:

Maybe there should be a month of no racing so no riders cant get injured too near to the day

Fortunately we have 2 and a half months of no racing coming up!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, iainb said:

Fortunately we have 2 and a half months of no racing coming up!

Still got the Chargers meetings. 

Pairs this year was decimated by injuries, plus one suspension. Just bad luck IMO, next season every team could have all their riders fit.