Birmingham Brummies

1 Claus Vissing

2 James Shane’s R/R

3 Josh Auty

4 Ashley Morris

5 Adam Ellis

6 Stefan Nielsen

7 James Pearson

Seeing as a thread has not yet been started.

Based on Ellis & Nielsen's scoring for Sheffield, Birmingham could possibly get a point from this. But I think they'll fall just short!

Anyone coming up from Midlands, forecast is cloudy but dry, temps around 10c, so only a little big coat required, 

Think Stefan Nielsen will be a busy man this evening. Normally goes well here and could well get a few extra rides.

Ellis said Redcar is his favourite track and he seems to be riding well and Vissing has had good meetings here.

Need Kasper and Adam to look a bit sharper and I think a narrow Bears win on the cards.

Not a bad meeting.

Bears heat leaders very good, second strings not so good. Special praise to Jason Edwards who rode (and battled) really well tonight.

For the Brummies, Ellis was very good and most other riders chipped in. Pearson looks like a very good prospect considering his age and it being his first visit to the track.

• Like 1

Just going by final score, Birmingham did alright!! Bodes well for home meetings when weather behaves itself! 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Not a bad meeting.

Bears heat leaders very good, second strings not so good. Special praise to Jason Edwards who rode (and battled) really well tonight.

For the Brummies, Ellis was very good and most other riders chipped in. Pearson looks like a very good prospect considering his age and it being his first visit to the track.

Fair comment 

If I was a Brum fan, (I'm not), I would certainly be asking, who made the decisions, for ht 15. Adam Ellis, fair enough, Josh Auty, tried hard all night, but his gating was terrible, but OK (only possible alternative was Vissing). Then to take gates 1 and 3 (a bit of a shock in itself) and put Ellis off 1 (after he had just won off 4). With a poorly gating Auty off 3, Lewi Kerr had a free run off the outside. Brum only needed a shared heat to get a point, it's unbelievable that those decisions would make that so difficult.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

If I was a Brum fan, (I'm not), I would certainly be asking, who made the decisions, for ht 15. Adam Ellis, fair enough, Josh Auty, tried hard all night, but his gating was terrible, but OK (only possible alternative was Vissing). Then to take gates 1 and 3 (a bit of a shock in itself) and put Ellis off 1 (after he had just won off 4). With a poorly gating Auty off 3, Lewi Kerr had a free run off the outside. Brum only needed a shared heat to get a point, it's unbelievable that those decisions would make that so difficult.

I agree with you. For once ;)

• Haha 1

A lot of us were questioning the Tac sub rule last night, but has been clarified now, it can be used from ht5 to 14 inclusive, but thought once riders were announced and ready at the tapes no changes could be made, as happened in heat 14.

2 hours ago, Coraldon said:

A lot of us were questioning the Tac sub rule last night, but has been clarified now, it can be used from ht5 to 14 inclusive, but thought once riders were announced and ready at the tapes no changes could be made, as happened in heat 14.

The difference may be the track announcer seeing who has left the pits & the referee being told what was happening. Things can sometimes change and the rider not getting the message quick enough.