British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Thanks @GiveusaB, and that's all it is, my opinion, counts for nothing at the end of the day, the thing that does count (for Speedway) though is the pound in pocket and as far as Birmingham is concerned that is where it will stay until the promotion gets its act together. What on earth Laurence Rogers is doing commenting on what Speedway fans are saying is totally beyond me, I'm afraid in his position he should just be sucking it up.

I hope you have Speedway to watch at PB for many years to come :t:

I totally get where you're coming from!

Thank you for your positive thoughts re: speedway at PB!

I have been shot down many a time....sometimes fairly and sometimes not, but that's just my opinion and hey that's what forums are for...right?

First meeting of the season I mentioned the weather forecast? (negative) I was told by (not mention names) that I was being negative and it could affect attendance? (didnt know that I was on the clubs PR team) LOL

The meeting was called off ! Say no more...

I said that I wouldn't mention the weather again.....I will keep to my word!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I totally get where you're coming from!

Thank you for your positive thoughts re: speedway at PB!

I have been shot down many a time....sometimes fairly and sometimes not, but that's just my opinion and hey that's what forums are for...right?

First meeting of the season I mentioned the weather forecast? (negative) I was told by (not mention names) that I was being negative and it could affect attendance? (didnt know that I was on the clubs PR team) LOL

The meeting was called off ! Say no more...

I said that I wouldn't mention the weather again.....I will keep to my word!

Don't mention the weather (war)... I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!

On 4/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, heathen52 said:

Im afraid that by following the BSPL refund policy the club have shot themselves in the foot, it has/will been a PR disaster, somehow the promotion need to make sure incidents of this nature cant happen again, but how to entice disgruntled supporters back through the gates is an entirely different proposition, I almost went to the meeting against Berwick luckily I didnt and I will be very reluctant to attend any meeting that has minimal medical cover in the future, not only at Birmingham.

This looks particularly bad now that Scunthorpe, Edinburgh and Oxford have all had early abandonments but given 100% refunds unlike Birmingham.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, arnieg said:

This looks particularly bad now that Scunthorpe, Edinburgh and Oxford have all had early abandonments but given 100% refunds unlike Birmingham.

The said '3' clubs are obviously in a more financial advantageous position than B'ham ..... I do think that any Berwick fan should've got a FULL refund....

Afterall, if we can give half price admission to Cov/Cradley/Wolves and any away fan with a season ticket, then it would've made sense to reimburse Berwick fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The said '3' clubs are obviously in a more financial advantageous position than B'ham ..... I do think that any Berwick fan should've got a FULL refund....

Afterall, if we can give half price admission to Cov/Cradley/Wolves and any away fan with a season ticket, then it would've made sense to reimburse Berwick fans.

You have to feel sorry for Newcastle fans (yes there were some at Oxford) - 4 heats on Wednesday, 2 more at Edinburgh on Friday, and best not to talk about Sunday.

28 minutes ago, arnieg said:

You have to feel sorry for Newcastle fans (yes there were some at Oxford) - 4 heats on Wednesday, 2 more at Edinburgh on Friday, and best not to talk about Sunday.

They certainly don’t seem to being having any luck.Things can Only get better( hopefully).