British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 27/4/22

Pirates welcome Birmingham to Wimborne Road on Wednesday for this Championship encounter. Pirates will welcome the return of Stefan Neilsen, who in my opinion did enough to earn himself a place in the team this season, but such is the way of the sport.

Looking at the Brummies, I can’t see anything other than Pirates handing out a bit of a pasting. The loss of Auty doesn’t help, but he has never really done anything of note at Poole. R/R will give Adam Ellis an extra ride, but sorry to say other than that, where’s his support? Vissing might score a few but it will be difficult for the others. Could well be six ride Ellis v Poole here.

62-28ish. Thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pirates welcome Birmingham to Wimborne Road on Wednesday for this Championship encounter. Pirates will welcome the return of Stefan Neilsen, who in my opinion did enough to earn himself a place in the team this season, but such is the way of the sport.

Looking at the Brummies, I can’t see anything other than Pirates handing out a bit of a pasting. The loss of Auty doesn’t help, but he has never really done anything of note at Poole. R/R will give Adam Ellis an extra ride, but sorry to say other than that, where’s his support? Vissing might score a few but it will be difficult for the others. Could well be six ride Ellis v Poole here.

62-28ish. Thoughts?

I'll go for 55-35 in case Stef has 7 rides!

Not travelling down for this one, financial layout sadly not worth it as much as I'm a Pirates fan the opposition won't be competitive at Wimborne Road. Watched Brummies at Leicester, my local track, annihilation is an under statement!

Birmingham did av a good following at Leicester tho which was great to see but whether that keeps up remains to be seen.

Pirates 63-27 me thinks :t:

Edited by Turnip

50 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

You'll be able to watch it on the excellent live stream then 

https://livestream.poole-speedway.com

Appreciate the link, livestream/BSN not for me tho as I've got me fair share of  live screened speedway thru Eurosport, Freesports & before that BT & Sky. Polish/Swedish/British/German/ Danish highlights on YouTube.

Will follow the score on Speedway Updates tho :t:

Edited by Turnip

3 hours ago, Turnip said:

Appreciate the link, livestream/BSN not for me tho as I've got me fair share of  live screened speedway thru Eurosport, Freesports & before that BT & Sky. Polish/Swedish/British/German/ Danish highlights on YouTube.

Will follow the score on Speedway Updates tho :t:

I'm gonna pay to watch the stream on Wednesday night to support the Brummies, will be updating from that to the site, hope it's a good one for the lads.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

I'm gonna pay to watch the stream on Wednesday night to support the Brummies, will be updating from that to the site, hope it's a good one for the lads.

Just be aware that they don't show the race result on screen just progressive scores (unless they are going to change that on Weds!). Although whoever is commentating( normally Scott Mitchell) will still say it and sometimes you can hear Nij announcing it in the background!  

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Just be aware that they don't show the race result on screen just progressive scores (unless they are going to change that on Weds!). Although whoever is commentating( normally Scott Mitchell) will still say it and sometimes you can hear Nij announcing it in the background!  

I should be fine, as used to watching it at other tracks and texting through, can always use Poole Twitter to confirm updates too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They do show the race results

Screenshot-2022-04-23-at-18-06-08.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Why is Ablitt riding for Plymouth & Poole av no rider???

I take it this was the KO Cup fixture?

Looks like a reet cock up! Better off not showing the heat results! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

47 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I missed that! Although I do watch on my phone and multi tasking during races. Lol. Glad to see heat results are there even though I completely missed them! :blush: *I need a facepalm emoji* lol

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I missed that! Although I do watch on my phone and multi tasking during races. Lol. Glad to see heat results are there even though I completely missed them! :blush: *I need a facepalm emoji* lol

But surely the heat details are wrong?

14 minutes ago, Turnip said:

But surely the heat details are wrong?

There is been a couple of times score has been corrected 5 secs later. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

There is been a couple of times score has been corrected 5 secs later. 

Sounds like Peter York at Oxford! :rofl:

13 hours ago, Turnip said:

Sounds like Peter York at Oxford! :rofl:

But that would be after next heat had started.

• Haha 1