British Speedway Forum

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

to be fair I think the topic has been started so that we as fans know what medical cover is in place at tracks around the country so we can make the decision before travelling

I think the very small list of replies shows that the fans are pretty much in the dark as to what the medical cover is at tracks and are often reliant on "people in the know" that work/volunteer at tracks to come on here with the top secret information.

Most of us probably just (naively) think adequate medical cover is in place to have meetings run to completion , which obviously hasn't been the case all the time at certain tracks

I don't think any of it is top secret information,  clubs only have to follow the minimum requirement from the bspl. If this is not adequate then the bspl should change their rules?

• Like 3

I think that most fans realise that promotions have to take a commercial decision around the number ambulances and paramedics to have in attendance at matches. The risks around this decision have, however, become much worse due to the difficulties being experienced by the NHS ambulance service. 
But taking a risk of keeping costs to a minimum and possibly not completing a meeting is one thing. Instituting the BSPL guidelines to the letter and charging fans £10 for the two completed heats at the recent Birmingham meeting, is quite another. This will have a very serious effect on the fans directly affected and their future attendance. But, I would suggest, the average fan will view these events with some disdain and their sense of fairness and justice may affect their future attendance at Birmingham meetings. I've certainly had pause for thought about travelling to Birmingham to see my local team.

Birmingham have missed a trick. Had they apologised and then appealed to fans to make the retention of the £10 somehow voluntary, to cover costs, there would have been a much more positive response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

So the Leicester fans who have been giving birmingham a hard time on this forum,  didn't have a second ambulance either. Let's hope they also have a paramedic inside this second ambulance or they have waisted their money.

Edited by Petecc
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, Turnip said:

I've seen Richard Moss covering the paramedic duties at Belle Vue as well as his own track at Buxton.

Richard is not or has ever presented himself as a paramedic. Both tracks have always had a HCPC registered paramedic in attendance at race meetings in accordance with the SCB regulations.

Berwick have 2 paramedics, 2 ambulances and very good first aiders to back them up …

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Berwick have 2 paramedics, 2 ambulances and very good first aiders to back them up …

And have had for many years now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayne25 said:

Richard is not or has ever presented himself as a paramedic. Both tracks have always had a HCPC registered paramedic in attendance at race meetings in accordance with the SCB regulations.

I apologise as I was incorrectly thinking he was without factual knowledge. He his a medic tho? Unless me eyes are totally wonky :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that.

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

I apologise as I was incorrectly thinking he was without factual knowledge. He his a medic tho? Unless me eyes are totally wonky :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that.

No worries Turnip, just didn't want anyone thinking anything untoward was going on and yes he is a first aider.  It is a common mistake as many refer to any member of the medical team as paramedics which isn't the case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Petecc said:

So the Leicester fans who have been giving birmingham a hard time on this forum,  didn't have a second ambulance either. Let's hope they also have a paramedic inside this second ambulance or they have waisted their money.

I'm happy to give any club that doesn't have 2 ambulances and paramedics in attendance at the track a hard time... and have done on the Leicester threads in the past.

Due to speedway teams being awash with money I don't know why they don't have a chopper on the private helliport next to the stadium. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Due to speedway teams being awash with money I don't know why they don't have a chopper on the private helliport next to the stadium. :rolleyes:

If you put on an event where people pay to get in, then you should have organised it well enough to allow the people to see what they have paid for. Not get caught out and have to abandon said event, because you haven't. That is the deal

Simples 

Saw Peter Schroeck on FB saying 'people don't understand what goes on to organise a meeting'.......well i don't care what goes on, neither do i care what goes on to organise a football match or a music gig....i pay my money and expect what is advertised

Edited by iris123
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, iris123 said:

If you put on an event where people pay to get in, then you should have organised it well enough to allow the people to see what they have paid for. Not get caught out and have to abandon said event, because you haven't. That is the deal

Simples 

Saw Peter Schroeck on FB saying 'people don't understand what goes on to organise a meeting'.......well i don't care what goes on, neither do i care what goes on to organise a football match or a music gig....i pay my money and expect what is advertised

I agree with Peter only I don't care what you think. Always wonder if you missed an H out of your name, or are you just a plastic one?

Edited by tyretrax

6 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

I agree with Peter only I don't care what you think. Always wonder if you missed an H out of your name, or are you just a plastic one?

Doesn't surprise me that you don't care. You just want to make senseless comments ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Doesn't surprise me that you don't care. You just want to make senseless comments ;)

At least I don't try to be an expert in everything unlike you.