British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Wolves 26th May

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sounds like Klindt wanted too much, the real problem is their are not enough riders of that ability available or want to come in the first place.

We didn’t need someone of Klindts scoring ability though, we just needed a half decent middle order rider to replace Heeps who was contributing nothing. With over 7 points available, was there seriously no rider throughout the whole of Europe who could have come in and been a better bet than Heeps or journeyman Ben Barker? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That's the issue,,, Barker would have been OK in a double change to get that extra average needed to fit Klindt in for example. 

There are some preety decent young foreign riders out there that would have come in on a 4,,, and going by Louis statement,, not one of those were even sounded out

Agree he would of been. BB is a better rider than what he has shown for you so far. He had 9 meetings for us last season and averaged 5.33( 3 home meetings) and 4.71( 6 away meetings). 4.90 from his 9 meetings.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sounds like Klindt wanted too much, the real problem is their are not enough riders of that ability available or want to come in the first place.

Nicolai didn't want too much, the issue is what they are paying other riders

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We didn’t need someone of Klindts scoring ability though, we just needed a half decent middle order rider to replace Heeps who was contributing nothing. With over 7 points available, was there seriously no rider throughout the whole of Europe who could have come in and been a better bet than Heeps or journeyman Ben Barker? 

And how many half decent riders can you name that are likely to want to come ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Wasn't Klindt they had a quick chat with,, if Polish speedway interviews are anything to go by.

Who was it?

11 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Who was it?

Protasiewicz :D

Edited by Roger Jacobs

On 5/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's amazing so many blank dates these days & still manage to arrange a fixture that clashes with an international date.

Why does Danny insist on riding the outside line when it's clear that that line doesn't work?

Will certainly be a tough fixture, hopefully Ipswich will have enough to get though.

Annoyingly, some Thursdays are used by either away matches (KL! and Sheffield), and more annoyingly by Premiership Pairs meetings :unsure:

Mondays don't seem to be an option - probably because of Spedeworth events at the weekend, and maybe even rider availability, e.g. Poland/Sweden, although I've no idea these days about travel, etc.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

And how many half decent riders can you name that are likely to want to come ?

Never understood this kind of question and it often pops up on this forum. Obviously I have no idea, how could I possibly know that? Daft question that’s absolutely impossible to answer. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Never understood this kind of question and it often pops up on this forum. Obviously I have no idea, how could I possibly know that? Daft question that’s absolutely impossible to answer. 

I should think you could fill volumes with stuff you don’t understand.

Yet you think Promoters can magic up replacements presumably from thin air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d hazard a guess that nobody on this forum has the phone numbers to all the riders across Europe to ascertain their availability. It isn’t their job anyway, it’s the job of those who run their speedway clubs. Surely a more proactive signing would be a talented youngster with an eye on the future? The fans would have supported that move I’d have thought even if he initially struggled whilst visiting tracks for the first time. Barker is in his 30’s and will never be more than a 4-5 pointer. 

I don’t possess a vast array of contacts like an ex rider and current promoter SHOULD have, but even a quick look on updates throws out a number of interesting looking names. Under 21 qualifiers

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20856/qualifiers-07-05-2022

Kevin Juhl Pedersen? Daniel Kilma? Maeusz Cierniak, Jan Kvech, Casper Henriksson, Jonas Knudsen, Petr Chlupac, Francis Gusts, etc etc. Why not roll the dice and see if you can unearth a diamond? We never seem to do this anymore. I’m not saying any of these would immediately come in and set the world alight, but there’s clearly talented young riders out there who haven’t all yet got the big gigs in Poland. Surely one could be found that is up for it?

I wasn’t totally against Krystian Pieszczek as some were on here either. I thought he was pretty useful in the middle order and was pretty harshly axed imo. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was never likely that one really. 

But surely that's the 1 dip into the foreign market they were talking about.

Its been mentioned many times over the last however many years about getting some new young talent,, and inviting them to an individual,,, it just never happens.

Dont even have to do that,, pay their air fares,, pick them up and let them do some laps one someone else's bike,,, would get a rough Idea 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1