British Speedway Forum
Gresham

Bristol Bulldogs 1977-78

Not sure whether this has been posted before...but stumbled on a selection of great photos from this era.

If anyone is interested....keep scrolling through the link....there are loads I'd not seen before....thought i'd share....enjoy :-)

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/kwmc/tags/sportscene/

Superb Gresham. :t:

Some terrific Photographs here.

Thank you for Posting the Link. :t::approve: :approve:

Not sure whether this has been posted before...but stumbled on a selection of great photos from this era.

If anyone is interested....keep scrolling through the link....there are loads I'd not seen before....thought i'd share....enjoy :-)

Thank you very much. Bristol is a city with a vital speedway past, and like Norwich and Southampton, and I would say umpteen London tracks plus of course Cradley, our sport is impoverished by its and their absence.

• Like 1

Glad they are appreciated....sadly missed....as are all the other great teams of old.

Nice pics Gresh. Could do with some of those crowds nowadays! ;)

The photos are great but you have placed the item in the wrong BSF section. I think in SPEEDWAY HISTORY under Years Gone By.

Edited by Guest

The photos are great but you have placed the item in the wrong BSF section. I think in SPEEDWAY HISTORY under Years Gone By.

I disagree, if the link had been put where you suggest, I for one would not have seen them as the History section is a place I rarely visit.

I'm sure it will receive a wider audience here.

It could always be moved there later.

ATB

Dave

• Like 3

I disagree, if the link had been put where you suggest, I for one would not have seen them as the History section is a place I rarely visit.

I'm sure it will receive a wider audience here.

It could always be moved there later.

ATB

Dave

I agree in this instance. :t:

In about 2004 I actually had permission to take speedway into Ashton Gate stadium in Bristol, including permission from Bristol Council in writing BUT stadium modifications to make room weerre of the order of £1.5 million and I just didnt have it and couldnt raise it.

• Like 1

Great pics Phil Crump, Tormod Langli, Steve Gresham, Phil Herne, great days. Sadly It's a totally different sport now days.

In about 2004 I actually had permission to take speedway into Ashton Gate stadium in Bristol, including permission from Bristol Council in writing BUT stadium modifications to make room weerre of the order of £1.5 million and I just didnt have it and couldnt raise it.

I'm shocked to hear that....how did you propose to fit the track around the pitch without knocking down stands?

Steve Lansdown wanted it?

I'm surprised as Speedway was never in the plans for the new stadium proposal at Ashton Vale.

Edited by Gresham

Didn't somebody also have the intention relatively recently to put in a new Bristol track on some derelict industrial land near to some rail tracks?

Whatever happened to that?

Didn't somebody also have the intention relatively recently to put in a new Bristol track on some derelict industrial land near to some rail tracks?

I'm open to correction....but I heard it was stopped due to rare migrating birds using that land.

All get when going to the Link is boxer Muhammed Ali in 1993!

That was Andy Hewlett (think that's the guys name) at Avonmouth on the big industrial estate there.
  • Like 2