British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
REAPER

Nicki Pedersen Spits Out His Dummy Again

very intresting to hear Scott say, when tapped by greg "i could have gone down like some have tonight, but i'm a racer"

Just another chance for people to jump on the 'I Hate Nicki Pedersen' band wagon. Well done for recognising this opportunity. Get over yourselves! :mad:

If Mr Pedersen didn't make a name for himself by making "debatable manourveres" then people wouldn't have to jump on a "bandwagon". :)

I think you will find 99% of people that you and others say are jumping on the "bandwagon" are only calling it as they see it. :approve:

Just one final thing, Has there been any other World Champions that have attempted to retain their Crown by pulling stunts on their rival competitors? :unsure:

Guest Steve Dixon

Both KB and PUK did brilliant.

True :approve:

not one mention of their home teams though !

Well done, to NP, for dragging his bike off - did they really have to stop the race when Jc was winning?

Irrelevant Now

CONGRATULATIONS JASON :approve::approve::approve: 6.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Totally agree, no time for Pedersen but at least he tried to do something we don't see nowadays.....get your'e bike off the track.

Firstly I am a Crumpie fan & not a Nicki fan.

I think that he did take his line however I was surprised to see Jason go down so easily. However, Nicki got away without exclusion in Prague (eliminator), but didn't tonight. Prague was a definate exclusion, this one wasn't so clear cut. However luck goes around & comes around, so he was due an exclusion. He made the final anyway so it didn't make much difference.

Must say as to his reaction. I agree what great TV - Nicki kicking his pit area & throwing his goggles about yelling - yes that is top TV.

6 F words in about 20secs & pushing about camera crews & especially his own pit crew who work their ass off for him to be where he is today! That part is not great TV.

Mr Pedersen did throw a big tantrum and I think he can count himself very lucky indeed Mr Steele didn't fine him

Fine him!! What for? Telling the ref he dosen't want to be his friend anymore? Oh didums poor old Tony. Get real, this is a Grand Prix, not a bloody playground. I didn't have to wait long for the anti Pedersen crap did I. Every other rider hits ruts & crash all over the place, but Nikki hits one & lo & behold he's accused of knocking everyone off. I thought Nikki controlled himself very well when talking to the ref, & I don't blame him for not wanting to be his friend. :mad:

Just one final thing, Has there been any other World Champions that have attempted to retain their Crown by pulling stunts on their rival competitors? :unsure:

Yes, every single one of them. What a stupid question. :mad:

Nikki Pedersen is what speedway so sadly lacks these days. He's a bloody good rider, an entertainer, & a showman. Unlike some of the other mardi arsed riders around. Good on yer Nikki, here's to many more world titles, & sod the knockers. :mad:

Scorpio,

He did create a name for himself when he was younger. But people are still seeing him as that same rider as I have said many times before.

I think Nicki is a hard/dirty rider.... but only cause he does seem to take peoples racing lines, maybe he feels threatend that he's gonna be over taken, or just tries to hard :unsure:

But one thing is for sure.... Hes does make good comedy! I think it's officially fair to say that he isn't talking to Tony Steele again, and also mentioned "When i'm infront I can do whatever I like" LOL !! Makes ya laugh though!

And in the final he was the 3rd man to hit that rut.... nice to see him sprint across to his bike though! :lol:

Nicki continued his top form in the 'you know' stakes tonight but he now has a new word in his dictionary F**K whcih he told his ex-freind Tony Steele to do many a time in the space of 2 minutes! :o

Millard gave the understatement of the century when he said 'I think Nicki Pedersen isn't very happy'! :D

But one thing is for sure.... Hes does make good comedy! I think it's officially fair to say that he isn't talking to Tony Steele again, and also mentioned "When i'm infront I can do whatever I like" LOL !! Makes ya laugh though!

Then, of course, the ultimate insult: 'I don't think you're very nice.'

And, of course, the ultimate truth; "this is business, everybody has to be fair in business!"

*ahem* no comment... :rolleyes:

Then, of course, the ultimate insult: 'I don't think you're very nice.'

I have to admit, I did have a chuckle listening to him telling Tony Steele he wasn't very nice & he didn't want to be his friend anymore. I can't imagine Jason Grump coming out with something like that. :mad:

Just finished watching the Sweden-Holland match after the GP & thought I would have to look at what has been said about tonight's action.

Lots of interesting comments & opinions - as usual.

Firstly I would like to congratulate Jason Crump on his win & his increasing maturity as time passes on. He has grown up in the last couple of years, is generally elloquent when interviewed & is a good ambassador for the sport, who I feel would make a good World Champion.

Glad to see the few riders who bit the dust tonight get up & walk away.

Nicki Pedersen sat on a see-saw in terms of my opinion of him tonight. His actions in the final were commendable & I take my hat off to him - that was great sportsmanship & not many would have even thought to do what he did. Well done.

On the debit side I thought his usual "I can do no wrong" attitude surfaced again in the incident with Crump. Whether Crump could have stayed on or not is of no real consequence, although I feel it unlikely he would have fallen on purpose. Pedersen clearly moved over (it was nothing to do with the rut) to block Crump's run. I suspect he didn't mean to take Crump off, but there was contact - those who say otherwise must need their eyes tested - & in that case, Tony Steele had no option, Pedersen had to go. If you touch another rider in that way & they fall, you are guilty of causing them to fall. Period.

His histrionics thereafter were amazing to see & great TV, but you can just tell that the way he conducts himself, he feels he can do nothing wrong & there is always someone else to blame. Mr Steele must be gutted that he is off Nicki's Christmas card list. Poor Tony.

he now has a new word in his dictionary F**K whcih he told his ex-freind Tony Steele to do many a time in the space of 2 minutes!

To be fair, Nicki didn't swear once during his conversation with the referee - give credit where it's due!