British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Why won't Sky let the "feud" rest

Am I the only one now totally sick of Sky showing the Hancock/Pedersen incident.

Yes it happened, we've all seen it, opinions have been passed and polarised. It's time to move on. To interview Hancock again in Denmark about something that happened 2 GPs ago is IMO out of order.

Guest richtea78

your not the only one - its boring now - the riders appear to have moved on and it doesnt do anyone any good to keep bringing it up

Im going to email Sky and suggest they replace Millard anyway, hes an idiot and an embaressment

Totally agree SL.

They're not still interviewing Gollob about the Boyce incident at Hackney too, are they? :unsure: Wouldn't surprise me!!

i agree....IMO thats why nicki keeps the tag hes got because sky dont let it rest when hes done something he shouldnt have. I personally dont like him but it doesnt mean i agree with what they do to him ( sky i mean )

I totally agree, but what do you expect when Messrs Tatum & Ermolenko can't think of anything else to talk about. Ermolenko has a dig at him every week in the Star. If you can't keep your biased opinions to yourself Sam, then stick to riding & leave the media side of things to the experts. :mad:

I agree that the Nicki/Greg incident should be put to bed, but Sky are in the business of putting bums in armchairs in front of the television and this is the kind of thing which does just that.

Don't expect to see the subject dropped for some time yet, and certainly not this season!

Kev's right - look at how long they kept on with the Boycie/Gollob incident. For the neutral it makes for great TV with some sort of ongoing feud - we might not like it but for Sky who are trying to attract viewers it's another angle to hype the event.

Kev's right - look at how long they kept on with the Boycie/Gollob incident. For the neutral it makes for great TV with some sort of ongoing feud - we might not like it but for Sky who are trying to attract viewers it's another angle to hype the event.

I don't object to Sky banging on about it, it's the riders that piddle me off. :mad:

your not the only one - its boring now - the riders appear to have moved on and it doesnt do anyone any good to keep bringing it up

Not entirely convinced about that one.

Greg still seems to be regularly ignoring any offer of a Nicki handshake after a race, so Nicki may have put it behind him, but Greg's still carrying issues.

As others have mentioned, they still regularly use footage of Boyce punching Tomek and that was back in 1995 was it not?

Edited by HenryW

I agree, to keep mentioning it has become boring.

Why would Sky want to see the matter dropped? They see the feud as great TV, so naturally they take every opportunity to stoke the fire of the issue. And of course Nicki rarely lets them down with his antics. Love him or hate him, the man is pure theatre.

If it brings media attention to our sport, why let it drop ?

Perhaps SKY would show a live WWF bout between the pair should any live matches be rained off !

Maybe the victor could face the winner of the Hans Andersen and Lee Richardsen event !

Perhaps pre match entertainment for the ELRC ? (with expert analysis by Gollob and Boycie).