British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Danish Bias

Where were all the Danish team officials when Nicki was losing his rag tonight. The other Danes didn't seem able to move without being smothered by them. Surely someone from the Danish team should have attempted to calm Nicki down a bit.

Also did anyone else notice that Jacob Olsen was allowed on the track to congratulate every Danish rider on the completion of a race. Phil Crump understandably wanted to congratulate his son on winning the GP and Ole "I'm in Charge" Olsen tried to block his way :mad:

Also did anyone else notice that Jacob Olsen was allowed on the track to congratulate every Danish rider on the completion of a race. Phil Crump understandably wanted to congratulate his son on winning the GP and Ole "I'm in Charge" Olsen tried to block his way :mad:

Yes I noticed it too. The Olsen mafia strike again. :mad:

Also did anyone else notice that Jacob Olsen was allowed on the track to congratulate every Danish rider on the completion of a race. Phil Crump understandably wanted to congratulate his son on winning the GP and Ole "I'm in Charge" Olsen tried to block his way

Yeah it was definitely noted, had mentioned it on yahoogroups before reading your post. Glad others noticed it too!

Gate 4 seemed to have an exceptional amount of drive for the early heats. Was this an example of good Danish "management", considering that the first 3 heats had Danes in the yellow helmet? Coincidental no doubt.

Gate 4 seemed to have an exceptional amount of drive for the early heats. Was this an example of good Danish "management", considering that the first 3 heats had Danes in the yellow helmet? Coincidental no doubt.

I had my conspiracy theory hat on as well and think you may well me be on the mark with that.

Last Gp I remember when Gate 4 was so productive early was in Vojens a couple of years ago which aided the Danish wild cards then as well.

Having said that the Danes rode out of their skins last night.

Thought the track was crap early on,far too slick and i thought we were going to have the most boring GP yet this year.But the track did improve as the meeting went on though. If the Danes did fix the track [ and i did wonder about gate 4 myself as i was watching it ] so what.It always amazes me when you get the likes of Mark Loram moaning that the track wasn't the same as in practice.It's been the same since before Hans Nielsens days for gods sake !!! They always make the tracks grippy in practice then slick as a babies bum for the actual meeting.It happened in the World Cup last year too didn't it [ We were caught out then too.....doh ! ] I can't believe they haven't cottened on to this yet.Then again we're a bit slow on the old uptake in this country.What do we do instead ? At the World Team Cup at Peterborough in 2002 we did it the Danish way.Grippy as hell in practice then slick as hell in the meeting.Cue moans from team GB.

Didn't Ole do the track for World Final at Peterboro'?

What about Gate 2 ?

Pedersen has gate 1 in his first heat and if he wins that he's in gate 1 all the way to the semis. Strange then that gate 2 was so bad :mad::mad:

Guest dwn

WRONG! Nicki had gate 3 in heat 9...

Will Ole be able to "add the finishing touches" to the tracks at Poole & Eastie for the SWC or will they be prepared "in house" ?

Will Ole be able to "add the finishing touches" to the tracks at Poole & Eastie for the SWC or will they be prepared "in house" ?

Come on.

The track was equal to everyone. Everyone had to ride the same way around, and after the first laps noone could plan which gate to become in upcomming heats unless finishing one heat.

IMO it is just "sour grapes"

Didn't Ole do the track for World Final at Peterboro'?

Think your probably right Salty, but can you imagine one of our track boys going to Denmark and saying he's going to do the track ? FETCH OLE,FETCH OLE !!!!!!!Can't see it happening there can you ?

Guest FastGater

I also seem to remember the officials removing the tapes so Niels K. Iversen could get to tapes quickly but watched Scott Nicholls have to go the long way round from the pits with 30 secs left. Did anyone else notice this?

Actually, the tapes where not there as Puk had just rode through them :)