British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzilla

So Havvy gets the nod

So we hear tonight that Screen has made way for Havvy in the Final at Poole on Saturday.

I was impressed with Screenie at Eastbourne yesterday and i feel that he may have done quite well in the Final. OK so he hasn't impressed in recent visits to Poole, but he is in confident mood right now and i would have given him the nod over Havvy by virtue of the fact that his performance on Monday played a big part in Team GB qualifying, and that Joe is a real racer and will ride every line possible.

Havvy is much improved this season and goes quite well at Poole, although his last visit wasn't too convincing. I just hope that he will battle round the outside if the need arises and not continually hug the inside line.

I'm not having a dig at Havvy here, he'll get my support on Saturday as will all the Brits. I just hope that he puts in a real battling performance and justifies his inclusion......I'm sure he will. :unsure:

I feel the same way Lanzilla,

and

I don't think we are alone ...

As the people who know me will confirm, I'm a Joe Screen fan but I actually think that Joe/Neil have got this spot on, Gary is better at Poole, and I know it's a very philosophical way to look at it but it's not nessercarilly a case of Joe's not good enough but more a case of Gary is probably better.

I have to agree with this one.

Thanks Joe for some great entertainment last night (Mr Entertainment of the meeting?) but good luck to Gary who will be getting my support as much as the rest of the team and as much as Joe did earlier this week.

Definately the right decision to bring in Havvy over Screen at Poole. However I wish Middlo would have come over as the one making the decision rather than asking Joe what he wanted to do.

Middlo has done a great job with the team. He is on their case, good at talking to them at stressful times (Norris after his fall) and brings ou the best in riders.

Just wished he had said on Sky that he had made the decision about Havvy.

Definately the right decision to bring in Havvy over Screen at Poole. However I wish Middlo would have come over as the one making the decision rather than asking Joe what he wanted to do.

Middlo has done a great job with the team. He is on their case, good at talking to them at stressful times (Norris after his fall) and brings ou the best in riders.

Oh no... here we go again.

Havelock let his country down in the 2001 race-off, again in the 2002 race-off, then again in the 2003 final. For someone who is supposed to be proud to wear the racejacket, some of his performances have been woeful, especially from a former World Champion.

In contrast, Screeny rode with a passion on Monday night. He should be in the team on Saturday, not Havelock.

All the best

Rob

Havelock let his country down in the 2001 race-off, again in the 2002 race-off, then again in the 2003 final. For someone who is supposed to be proud to wear the racejacket, some of his performances have been woeful, especially from a former World Champion.

In contrast, Screeny rode with a passion on Monday night. He should be in the team on Saturday, not Havelock.

All the best

Rob

A World Cup is no place for sentiment.

Screenie did well yesterday, but is pants at Poole. No decision to make, had to be Havvy.

All the best

Rob

Gary is much better than joe round poole and is a good choice ,also i hear rosco is giveing neil a hand at the final which will help the gb team a lot :D

Or in other words, misled everyone???

Gary is much better than joe round poole and is a good choice ,also i hear rosco is giveing neil a hand at the final which will help the gb team a lot

Good, the more passion and help in those pits the better for OUR team.

I would just love to see them win it ..................... good luck MEN, use ya balls, brain and braun ;):D

I so want to be down there to support them but know I'll end up behind my tv screen ................ SCREAMIN!

HERE'S TO YOU Mark, Scott, Lee, Dave and Havvy!! And thanks to Screeny for helping to get the team through to the final, bloody brill :D

All the best

Rob

The thing is rob the last 3 0r 4 times joe has ridden at poole he has been absolutely awful and havelock[altho nowhere near the rider he was ]still has had 3 or 4 fair poole meetings this year.Add this to the fact that the track is liable to be quite slick and joe isnt the best gater then the right decision has been made.Its probably a load of waffle anyway that middlo and screen had a natter about it and plan A was for gary to ride in the poole meetings[1 or2].

I was impressed with Screenie at Eastbourne yesterday and i feel that he may have done quite well in the Final. OK so he hasn't impressed in recent visits to Poole, but he is in confident mood right now and i would have given him the nod over Havvy by virtue of the fact that his performance on Monday played a big part in Team GB qualifying,

That is just so British and the reason why we never win at anything. I say well done to Middlo for sticking by his convictions and well done to Screenie for being honest with his self.

That is just so British and the reason why we never win at anything. I say well done to Middlo for sticking by his convictions and well done to Screenie for being honest with his self.

Agree with you that if Screen didn't feel up to it then Havvy is the right choice.

I just hope that the track is prepared in a way that will suit the Team GB Boys.

If Havvy rides like he did when guesting for Eastbourne a while back then we have a good chance of challenging for top spot.

Richardson, Loram, Nicholls and Norris have all had good meetings at Poole, so fingers crossed that this could be our year. :rolleyes:

The decision to include Havvy for the final has to be regarded as wise, I feel. Screenie, whilst having done a good job at Eastbourne (& was great to watch) hasn't shone at Poole of late & as Wimborne Road often suits those who gate, I don't think he would be the best choice.

Havvy on the other hand rides the track as well as anyone, has ridden the track as a Poole rider recently & can get out of the traps. On the subject of racing for his country, Havvy is as passionate about wearing his country's colours as anyone in the sport & will be worth so much more than the points he scores on Saturday. He would race through a brick wall for us. Even though Scottie is skipper, Havvy is a leader & brings out the best in others. His record as captain of his teams in the past bears that out.

I don't think he will let us down & if you want 100% commitment to the cause, he's your man.

What Rob Peasley seems to forget, is that whilst Havvy is a former World Champion, that was 12 years ago. You can't really compare his form as a 23 year old to that of a 35 year old who has had to change the way he races due to having a broken back in 1996. With the riders at his disposal & the form at the moment, Middlo has his best five on track on Saturday. Let's get behind them instead of bleating.

Edited by Dave the Mic

Screenie has stated from the off that Poole is not one of his favourite tracks ... although if selected he would not let anyone down.

Havvy will give it a go at Poole and should know how to set the bikes up for there and was impressive when guesting for Eastie recently. Whoever is in the team wont let us down for trying. :P

Havvy will score more than Joe could have. He rode with determination whilst guesting for Eastbourne and if he can repeat that form will do us proud.

Go GB