British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzilla

Play offs on Thursday

Great meeting, but, why don't they throw away that damn helmet cam!!

Who would make way for Rooboy then - not Johno  :o

Sullivan I reckon.

I'm sure you must be missing a big smiley emoticon there.

Drop Poole's highest averaged rider for a meeting round his recently adopted home track ?? :o

If Sheilds struggles as badly as has been suggested around Poole, then I'd be tempted to bring in Boyce or Schlein - a big ask for either rider, but a challenge I'm sure both would relish.

They could always go for Lyons I suppose - plenty of experience on that track this year :wink:

Rico :rolleyes:

Obviously

I wasn't joking

Roo boy would have eaten them for dinner

Nice to see the Penny has dropped :D

Yes - joker

could have played it earlier - and made life easier

but hey ho

Welllll

could have been different.

Well done the winners

(I'm sure Midlo will pur you up) :D

thank god for Gollob.

if not what an absolute farce that the Aussies can use the Joker and beat the Poles in a last heat. Surely the joker should be used in the race off for the 2nd place team because 1st means little

Karl

thank god for Gollob.

if not what an absolute farce that the Aussies can use the Joker and beat the Poles in a last heat. Surely the joker should be used in the race off for the 2nd place team because 1st means little

Karl

My thoughts exactly Karl..

I was furious when that joker came out. It could have ruined an absolutely FANTASTIC meeting. Made me cheer for Gollob anyway, and what a ride!!!!

Speedway at its very very best.

Bring on the Final!!!

Another fantastic world cup meeting! Jonsson and Gollob in particular were fabulous

The Aussies, who do not like the English winning anything, in fact, they do not even like each other, are out, good job, and good riddance!

quite funny though that after a night of sky bets my mate is only 3 quid up after backing Crump in the last one!!

Sky bet, a great way to make a great evening even more fun!

Karl

hmmm what a great meeting saturday should be now. i think the Poles can only improve, certainly Koldziej and Hampel. Gollob is well, Gollob. :D

Jonsson was superb for the Swedes and Lindback, Max and Rickardsson should go better.

The Danes should enjoy the blue groove, nice to see the blue groove vs dirt lines tonight.

As for the Brits..... come on the boys, we can do it.

Karl

ps the last heat certainly gave the World Cup some credibility. With the failure of the joker

Nothing wrong with using the joker in the last heat, it's not nominated it's a programmed heat.

To be honest Crump always seems to mess up the last heat recently he hasn't done well in it for Belle Vue in the last 3-4 meetings.

Great meeting, don't think it was down to the track, mainly lots of determination from the riders.

I've said for a while that Australia weren't goign to do anything this year and laughed everytime the commentators said they were favourites, with Johnston and Boyce/Shields in the team they were going to struggle, especially with Sullivan who doesn't ride his home track that well.

Sweden won in the end with having 3 exclusions, if Lindback can keep his head then I still think they can win on Saturday!

Edited by Rob B

Can I just ask

Why didn't Auz use the joker in the race where Auz were more than 6 down and Leigh was riding? - we all knew he would win :approve:

Exactly, We were screaming for the joker to come out, what a waste

That helmet camera was such a nusance, flickering away when we really needed to see what was going on. Get rid of it!!

I didn't believe and I stand corrected. I thought I'm gonna have a heart attact right there at the end. This is soo sweet. Our young guys came through and it was real team work. Great! :D

What I feel must be commented on was the lack of tactics from the Poles in Heat 24. When Hampel in third saw Jonsson in front and Adams in 2nd he should have been briefed already by his team manager that if sweden were winning he needs to come last - this would have put them 6 points behind also.

But fair play - they qualified without the use of tactics, but you cant blame the aussies for using the joker in 25 - they were allowed to do so.