British Speedway Forum
sirmatty

well done AJ+ tomaz wot a meeting

The Polish manager was a class act, he should definitely get his own show! :D

Haha...now I might be wrong - and I'm sure that one of the other Poole fans might be able to either back me up or put me straight, but that guy is Viktor and he's no more a manager than I am unless he's got a promotion! ;) Last I knew he's a translator, often used by Poole for their Polish riders. And yep, he's quite a character!!! :D

As a man once said to me

Tomek Gollob Tomek !!

Arh... Fond memories of Bydgoszcz. Roll on September, can't wait. :D

It was great to see Tomasz racing some of the lines around Poole like he does Bydgoszcz. If you don't see him ride there it is hard to appreciate how awesome he is, but last night he proved it to all. :rolleyes:

I was jumping around the lounge in heat 25. Was really miffed that a team could go and qualify by using the joker in the last heat, but I guess Tomasz wanted it more. I think they shoudl have a re-think next year and say that the joker can only be used in the first 24 heats.

Wilvurforce - tally ho ginger !

AJ was awesome - apart from his edge of the seat rides, lets not forget he also did the biz in a more safe and controlled fashion over Leigh in ht 24 when it mattered

And Tomek was unreal - all that was lacking was the Polish crowd and atmosphere - you have to go to Bydgoszcz to see it and believe (airpolinia.com all you forumers get it sorted !) his 1st turn over Crumpy in 25 was amazing - then then 4 laps that followed was just . . . . . . :P

It was interesting to see AJ making big long straights sweeping turns and cut backs, very reminiscant of Bydgoszcz and the way that Tomasz rides - perhaps as a result of riding for them this year

Rico - see you at the Brda for a Piwo or 5 !

For all you Bydgoszcz 1st time-ers check out Papas webshots below.

But someone please shoot the.ir manager!  He really needs to let the riders have a go at saying something for themselves instead of butting in. 

I thought he was great. Really enthusiastic. It was great to see someone in the sport with some spirit.

All I mean is that it is nice to hear the riders speaking for themselves without him getting himself on tv. He didn't but in with Gollob and Hampel's english is good enough without him, a character he is indeed.

Fantastic meeting! Well done to the Poles, delighted to see them through.

A very disappointing crowd though...

Were the prices too high?

And what is it with the palm trees? What is their significance? Is it a carnival link?

The Polish guy who kept answering Greeny's questions looked like Roman Jankowski to me.

Rico - see you at the Brda for a Piwo or 5 !

That's assuming my liver is still operating - I've got 2 weekends out there in the next three weeks before I can think about Bydgoszcz ;) - praise be to Wizzair and Air Polonia !

Really looking forward to Bydgoszcz again though - can't beat it ! Any other forum peeps going over try and make it to the Brda hotel bar on the Friday night - last year was a great night. I'll remember to post something to that effect nearer the time.

Rico :rolleyes:

The Polish manager was a class act, he should definitely get his own show!  :D

Haha...now I might be wrong - and I'm sure that one of the other Poole fans might be able to either back me up or put me straight, but that guy is Viktor and he's no more a manager than I am unless he's got a promotion! ;) Last I knew he's a translator, often used by Poole for their Polish riders. And yep, he's quite a character!!! :D

Yes, Rabbit as far as i'm aware the excitable chap who has been interviewed is the man Poole have used as a translator for their polish riders. He can be seen at each meeting at Poole so I doubt he is Poland's team manager!!

I have wondered this week if he does actually translate or if he makes up something himself! I think it was after KK's fall at Eastbourne when Krystof said about 3 words and then he went on to say a couple of sentances!

Cheers

MartynP

Guest Shnikies
I managed to get haom from a rained off Sheffield to watch from about heat 15 and it was fantastic. GOLLOB IS GOD. I always bet on a Pole at Poole whenever i've been there and now I remember why. They were fantastic. But someone please shoot the.ir manager! He really needs to let the riders have a go at saying something for themselves instead of butting in.

No way! Their manager is brilliant! So amusing, and sounds like he has real passion for his team too.

Absolutely brilliant.

I would like to show this to all those cynics with 'the first out of the gate' rubbish.

I also think some praise should go to the Czechs who dispite the low score were mixing with the best and causing a few problems. What an advert for speedway.

Lets hope GB can go all the way. Don't let us down Havvy.

By the way which rider invent 'uknow' and who taught them to use it as every other word in the sentence. :rolleyes:

Salty asked if prices were too high ....

Very much so, 40 quid for seats for the final and 35 for the play off ... I think in Pboro it was 25 for the final and 20 for the play off so quite an increase ....However i still think the crowd on sat will be ok purely for the GB factor and that the swedes are through ... which will keep the Poole faithful happy.

Oh God.... :D I couldn't sleep last night. I needed one night and one day to cool down. I'm too young to have a heart attack but if I were older, better not to think what could happen during that 25th heat... :blink:

The whole Bydgoszcz was screming during that heat :D And Tomek heard us and he did it... he won with Crump.

It was that Tomek Gollob who I know from his great performances at the track in Bydgoszcz. He's a legend. Just give him a normal track, not that sh**y ones from GP where we usually see an imitation of speedway.

Yesterday's meeeting was one of the best I've ever seen. Not only because of the fact that Poles got to the final but first all because of great speedway that we saw in those 25 heats.

And AJ... That's guy absolutely unbelievable! What a control of a bike! He's been the best rider of Polish Ekstraliga - he's got the highest match average so far. Almost every Sunday I watch his fantastic actions at a track as he rides for Polonia Bydgoszcz this year!

And tomorrow we have the final... This sport will kill me someday :o;)

Edited by Mateusz

Have to agree with almost everything everyone has said. Can't rate this meeting high enough!!

The highlights in my opinion were:-

AJ - what an absolute star. I always knew he was a good rider, but

boy is that guy talented (and fearless!). Lucky Coventry fans

getting to watch him race every week!

Polish Team - Loved the determination and grit they showed tonight. Tomasz

Gollob seemed like another rider completely when interviewed to

how he used to appear. It was great watching him laugh and smile

and appear really likeable actually. And the other poles too were

great value for money. Hope they found somewhere to sleep!

Swedes - All seemed "up for it" but didn't realise Antonio Lindback was quite

that "wild"! Is he like this all the time? If he's not careful he's

gonna get a reputation like Nicki P's once this world cup is through!

(and it's easier to get a reputation than shed one!)

Mad Guy - That translator/manager person with the Poles was hilarious.

When he was allegedly translating what Greg Walasek was saying

but Greg only uttered about three words and the guy was going on

and on for ages - his enthusiasm was contagious!

I think a big heap of praise should go to everyone connected with the meeting, from Poole Speedway who hosted the event (good job, but would have been good at most venues), to all the teams involved (including the Czechs who still played a big part despite their low score) to Sky TV who did a blinding job of filming the event (barr that long advert break).

I can't wait for Saturday to come around now. Whoever wins will certainly have been made to earn it!

did i miss something? damn coffee tins an a bit of electrical wiring werent working, think ill try to put em at the top of the palm trees, ganja bill and poor paddy said theyd give me a hand... give kelvin a break tho, top fella, its men like him that keep me in bizness...! :neutral:

Not a lot else to be said really. Best meeting on Sky for years and some awesome racing. Glad Sweden and Poland went through. Brilliant stuff.

Just one moan....that stupid on board camera. I wish it would get smashed up as it is next to useless and whilst we're seeing a bit of shale and a blurred view of someone's backside, we are missing the action on the track. By all means show bits afterwards (if there is anything worth watching) but not while the race is going on.

Have to agree with almost everything everyone has said. Can't rate this meeting high enough!!

The highlights in my opinion were:-

AJ - what an absolute star. I always knew he was a good rider, but

boy is that guy talented (and fearless!). Lucky Coventry fans

getting to watch him race every week!

Polish Team - Loved the determination and grit they showed tonight. Tomasz

Gollob seemed like another rider completely when interviewed to

how he used to appear. It was great watching him laugh and smile

and appear really likeable actually. And the other poles too were

great value for money. Hope they found somewhere to sleep!

Swedes - All seemed "up for it" but didn't realise Antonio Lindback was quite

that "wild"! Is he like this all the time? If he's not careful he's

gonna get a reputation like Nicki P's once this world cup is through!

(and it's easier to get a reputation than shed one!)

Mad Guy - That translator/manager person with the Poles was hilarious.

When he was allegedly translating what Greg Walasek was saying

but Greg only uttered about three words and the guy was going on

and on for ages - his enthusiasm was contagious!

I think a big heap of praise should go to everyone connected with the meeting, from Poole Speedway who hosted the event (good job, but would have been good at most venues), to all the teams involved (including the Czechs who still played a big part despite their low score) to Sky TV who did a blinding job of filming the event (barr that long advert break).

I can't wait for Saturday to come around now. Whoever wins will certainly have been made to earn it!

meet ya in the bar then FF

come on team GB

Not a lot else to be said really. Best meeting on Sky for years and some awesome racing. Glad Sweden and Poland went through. Brilliant stuff.

Just one moan....that stupid on board camera. I wish it would get smashed up as it is next to useless and whilst we're seeing a bit of shale and a blurred view of someone's backside, we are missing the action on the track. By all means show bits afterwards (if there is anything worth watching) but not while the race is going on.

I agree completely regarding the onboard camera. Its a good idea, but should be used for replays only to give another perspective of the race.