British Speedway Forum

Can you imagine the Rugby World Cup Final in Sydney, Australia v England - with an Australian Referee?

So basically what you are saying is that it wasn't right for the SWC to have an English referee because it was held in England just in case he was bias.................well if he was bias do you not think that when he admitted to seeing the red light before the flash in the race where Scott pulled up he would not have ordered a re-run which if he had we may have got the gate and we may have been crowned World Champs and we wouldn't have given a monkeys nut about Hans in heat 25 ............. If only the ref had been on our side :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

I saw the meeting for the first time last night (thank you Merlin) and I cannot believe the crap eminating from down south  :mad:

Midnight Lady, although it pains me to say it, being a Scot myself, all this anti "south" and anti english sentiment is getting a bit boring.

Team GB had a bit of luck getting a re-run on that heat but that's it, nothing more. Get over it! Isn't Edinburgh part of Great Britain to?

;)

Hans did nothing wrong in my eyes. And if you read the statements on the Ipswich site it seems that Nicholls and Louis are now starting to say that too. Yes they were upset to lose but it had nothing to do with Andersen, and they just wanted someone to blame. And before anyone says anything, I wanted GB to win, but Sweden were better on the night, and GB had already had 2 lots of luck that kept them in the match until then anyway.

Hard luck GB, I would have liked you to win, but well done to Sweden, they haven't got the congratulations they should have because everyone is going on about Andersen. I don't like the Danes but they can't be blamed for GB losing.

Guest wilburforce
Jeeze what a load of sour grapes! I didn't notice Hans Anderson putting up much resistance to Scott Nicholls passing him a few yards after Peter Karlsson. Nicholls would never have passed Karlsson anyway by the looks of the speed the two riders had during the race.

Why all this talk about being robbed? Great Britain had some good breaks too particularly from the referee who allowed Scott Nicholls back in for a rerun with all 4 when he should have thrown him out. Remember too that the Swedes really should have had it sewn up much earlier by playing their Joker when 6 points in arrears - they would have won by 4 points not one!

It was really sad though that it took so long before the Swedes were properly congratulated on their win. I guess it was more important to hammer on about why GB had lost and find excuses to convince us that we really were the best. That reminds me of another sporting event this summer when the same thing happened.

Totally agree.

If it is team G.B where were the welsh, scottish or Irish riders? :angry:

What a stupid comment - :angry:

If there were five Scottish, Irish or Welsh riders, would we be calling them Scotland, Ireland or Wales - no, because it's TEAM GB.

As I recall, the winter olympic gold winning curling team were all Scots. I was as delighted for them as I would have been any other British team. They seemed proud to be the British team. Unfortunately, there does seem to be a bit of a chip on the shoulder of some of our Celtic cousins in these areas. Witness the number of Scots that wanted anyone but England to win at Euro 2004. Yet I and most other English people happily cheer on the Scots in football events.

It's such a shame that we can't all pull together as ONE nation.

FlyinRyan, if you feel that strongly about the Breeze Block comment (which was naughty) then have you not noticed the "Report" button next to the "quote" button, for reporting what you believe offensive posts so that the mods are made aware of it and (if applicable) remove it?

I should imagine with all the postings which are being made at the moment they probably are missing some posts.

The two bits of news on sky tonight about the low life Andersen are interesting. A withrawl from tonight with a hand injury. Has he raced since Saturday night and did he take a injury? Or is this a move to avoid facing any more questions to a TV camera? What of his threat to sue? Who has he in mind, his Ippo team mate, Nichols, for his comments?

Midnight Lady, although it pains me to say it, being a Scot myself, all this anti "south" and anti english sentiment is getting a bit boring.

Team GB had a bit of luck getting a re-run on that heat but that's it, nothing more.  Get over it!  Isn't Edinburgh part of Great Britain to?

I haven't seen the sky re-run so can't comment on the alleged Hans Andersen incident, but I will agree that Sweden won fair and square.

Shouldn't we leave all this crap behind us and concentrate on congratulating the lads for doing a blinding job?

Why pick on me? I gave an opinion and I am not anti English nor anti south but that is where all the whining is coming from about the GB team being robbed. So don't bring in the old chestnut of the north south devide.

I have nothing to "get over" because as far as I am concerned I witnessed a great meeting that went down to the wire. All this crap about where Edinburgh is has nothing to do with anything. I gave an opinion end of story.

Edited by Midnight_Lady

Why, thank you Norbold. I'm not sure everyone else will agree though!

I agree Norbold

(My first comment about the incident.)

The two bits of news on sky tonight about the low life Andersen are interesting. A withrawl from tonight with a hand injury. Has he raced since Saturday night and did he take a injury? Or is this a move to avoid facing any more questions to a TV camera? What of his threat to sue? Who has he in mind, his Ippo team mate, Nichols, for his comments?

My guess is that as well as cheat and liar, we can also add coward to the list of descriptions.....